Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escade's Updates for TSPers About What's Going On
I'm not sure exactly where to post this so am putting it here for now. Due to recent events I can't just disregard things like this and need to make sure that the region, beyond two people, is aware in case of it being a real threat.

I will not be intimidated or resign. Instead I am just being encouraged to really reform TSP to the best of my ability as it needs a lot of work.

<b>Hello TSP,</b>

Some of you might be wondering why I haven't sent out a mass TG to the region yet.

I'm waiting for former delegate Belschaft and current MoFA and forum administrator Hileville to explain the state of emergency to me. It would behoove them to inform me as to what's going on.

<b>Please refrain from sending me threatening TGs or messages. I will report them to the mods and publicly screen capture and post any such messages on the RMB. </b>

<b>Here is the message that led two members of the CSS to suspect I was a sleeper agent: </b>
http://i.imgur.com/oIYqTek.png

<b>Here is a message sent by [nation]Kingdom of Liliputia[/nation] three hours ago that is meant to frighten or otherwise intimidate me by clearly stating sexual and physical violence against my person: </b>
http://i.imgur.com/au7RM8j.png
http://imgur.com/yA3uOjJ
http://i.imgur.com/FCJXhKM.png

<b>This is extremely inappropriate behavior towards any individual. It is sickening and I will not stand for it against myself or any other TSPer. </b>

* I reported the message to the Moderators on NS.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

That's one good way to deal with them, report them so they'll stop. Even if they don't, there is a plan B: ignore them and block their telegrams. Smile When I was delegate too, I was sent hate mail (lots of them, especially from Milograd supporters) and weird stuff. People think they can be mean and deceitful, protected by the anonymity of the Internet, but what it will only show is a person's true colors.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
Why is this nation still in TSP? That would be the first step and NO ONE would question the ban. And if they did, they would be the next person out the door.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
Quote:Why is this nation still in TSP? That would be the first step and NO ONE would question the ban. And if they did, they would be the next person out the door.

Probably because we still have a judiciary to deal with those matters. I'd really love to see that guy banned from the region, but we should do it through the proper channels, and I'm not even sure this is a crime under our criminal code.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
While I am cool with taking matters to the judiciary this person goes far beyond what is reasonable behavior.  They do not deserve to get a day in Court and should take a trip to TRR.

I really do agree with you. It's just that I'm not sure if that's legal, thought if not it should be. (Though if I'm wrong please do tell and I shall be really happy I was)

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
What was said in that message is a violation of these forums rules and would result in the user being banned.  There is a fine line between in-game and real life.  This crosses that line and goes way beyond what is acceptable behavior.

With all the bro ha ha of "security" that is spouted and privileges yanked "because", there is no reason for laws for this.Natan and his regions were purged for simply stating he was going to be delegate someday and was the "unofficial" delegate and being a loud mouth. The Kingdom of Liliputia has threatened someone with bodily harm. You need to get your definitions of "security" in order. Threats of bodily harm need not be in the Charter, in the laws or even discussed.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
Lines have been crossed. It's clearly a personal attack, you did good reporting it NS moderators (there are some weird creeps out there).

I think the next step is to block that user from ever contacting you (it's for your own safety), and if you want to take a further step, eject and ban him from the region (I'm totally with you on that).

Ostracods everywhere!
There's some precedent to take advance action, Francos Spain once sent adspam calling a former female delegate of ours a racist whore (I believe that was the wording choice). There were motions to ban him from TSP, but his nation was DEATed first by the mods.

Problem is back then, we had Article 3...

Quote:Article 3 - Reasons for Expulsion
Any nation may be expelled from the organization and/or the region according to the methods outlined in 
Article 4 if guilty of the following:

4. Violating any of the rules of 
NationStates as written in the 
Terms & Conditions of Use, 
Nationstates One Stop Rules Shop and 
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) when interacting on the regional message board of The South Pacific and when corresponding with other citizens of the South Pacific via telegram.

.. we don't now.

Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

Quote:There's some precedent to take advance action, Francos Spain once sent adspam calling a former female delegate of ours a racist whore (I believe that was the wording choice). There were motions to ban him from TSP, but his nation was DEATed first by the mods.

Problem is back then, we had Article 3...

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Article 3 - Reasons for Expulsion
Any nation may be expelled from the organization and/or the region according to the methods outlined in 
Article 4 if guilty of the following:

4. Violating any of the rules of 
NationStates as written in the 
Terms & Conditions of Use, 
Nationstates One Stop Rules Shop and 
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) when interacting on the regional message board of The South Pacific and when corresponding with other citizens of the South Pacific via telegram.

.. we don't now.

</blockquote>
Actually, we do in the Code of Laws, albeit less specific.

From Article 6, Criminal Code

Quote: 

Conduct violations shall be defined as breaking in-game NationStates rules.​
And Article 7, Penal Code

Quote: 

Conduct violations are punishable by immediate ejection and banishment from the region, albeit punished parties may appeal this decision to the court. In most cases, nations that appeal the decision and apologize should expect to have their ban lifted.
However, I do believe that "In most cases, nations that appeal the decision and apologize should expect to have their ban lifted." shouldn't be included.

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I stand corrected then. In that case eject this bastard from our region.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kris, the mods killed the nation. It Cted a little while ago so I'm assuming that they took care of it and no need to banject.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Even better. Let's just hope he doesn't return with another nation. If so, you have the red button.

But thanks Kris, for pointing out that we should always take a moment to figure out the calm, rational and legally correct way to do things.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Yes well. There is no point in having a judiciary if we will ignore it when the time comes to use it.