Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSP - TP Mutual Defense Pact
Ladies and Gentlemen of the South Pacific.

I bring (yes...) another proposed Mutual Defense Pact, as negotiated under the TSP Charter article 18.2 of the Charter (and article 16.4), I have negotiated a Mutual Protection Pact with the Pacific region. The text is below:

Quote:We the Government of the South Pacific and the Government of The Pacific sign in to act a Mutual Protection Pact between our regions, to assist each other in times of need.

Either region may request military assistance in the spirit of this treaty by message of an authorized representative of the regions' government in case one of the following conditions occurs within the region:

I. Invasion by a hostile Party who attempt to take the Delegate's seat
II. A rogue Delegate who breaks the trust of the people of the region and breaks the constitution of the region

Any assisting troops will remain under control of the assisting government.

Neither region is bound by this pact in the case that the stability of the assisting region will be in danger by doing so.

This treaty will be cancelled under any of the following conditions:

I. If any party wishes to exit the treaty for any reason, with two weeks notice.
II. If any party breaks the trust of the other party  by calling in troops without need.
III. If any party disbands its charter or constitution

We Sign this in to action on the Xth of January in the year 2008

Signed by appropriate parties,

The Pacific Government Representatives

The South Pacific Government Representatives
As usual I leave this up for questions. Voting will beginning in about 36-48 hours.

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
No problem as far as I'm concerned.
We've had several of these pacts with the Pacfic. I remember sending FF over there to hammer out some details in 04. I'm all for it as the Pacific folk are cool.
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
As I mentioned in the other thread, any time that we can work together and build relations with another region, thats a good thing. I support this.
All good with me. The Pacific has been a good friend to this region for a long time.
Ditto
Former Delegate of The South Pacific
Pacific is fine with me.
Please <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=7954'>Vote Here</a>

Moo-Cows is happy with this treaty.

Thank You. Thread Locked.

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.