Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catlandatopia - TSP
Ladies and Gentlemen of the South Pacific.

Continuing of my feelings that our defensive alliances are lacking. The MoS and I have again been seeking other interested parties.

Therefore, Invoking article 18.2 of the Charter (and article 16.4), I have negotiated a Mutual Protection Pact with Catlandatopia. The text is below:

Quote:NON-AGGRESSION PACT BETWEEN THE SOUTH PACIFIC AND CATLANDATOPIA

Section 1 - Definitions

For the purposes of this Treaty, the following definitions apply:

1) A Signatory is defined as the government of a region that has signed this Treaty.

2) A Province of a Signatory Region is defined as a region whose foreign policy is legally subordinated to a Signatory Region either by statute or by treaty, and with the other Signatory having been informed of that status.

3) Military operation is defined as an attempt of any kind to change the UN Delegacy of a region other than by a legal process of that region.

Section 2 - Non Aggression

1) A Signatory shall not engage in any military operations against the military forces of another Signatory.

2) A Signatory shall not support in any way, directly or indirectly, military operations against the military forces of another Signatory.

3) A Signatory shall not engage in subversive espionage mission against the other Signatory.

4) The Signatory may engage in military operations to support the military forces of another Signatory

Section 3 - Violation and Nullification

1) This Treaty is rendered null and void with immediate effect if any Signatory violates the other Signatory's laws or statutes, or violates any provision of this Treaty.

2) This treaty can only be nullified by military operation conducted by one side against the other.
Again, I encourage you to ask questions of the MoS and myself.

<del>One question that I do have, is there a different timeline for non-aggression pacts then treaties?</del>

Under direction of the Minister of Justice, this pact has gone to vote. <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=7926'>Vote Here</a>

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
I don't see why there would be
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Who are catlandatopia? Never heard of them...
Quote:Who are catlandatopia? Never heard of them...
They are formerly a crasher region, but in recent months have reformed and become more centrist. I have worked with Shell, the Queen of Catlandatopia, and she has always been very professional with me.
Under the direction of the Minister of Justice, this pact has gone to vote. <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=7953'>Vote Here</a>

NEW ADDRESS/VOTE

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Quote:1) A Signatory shall not engage in any military operations against the military forces of another Signatory.

2) A Signatory shall not support in any way, directly or indirectly, military operations against the military forces of another Signatory.
Hypothetically speaking, if they were to invade one of our allies wouldn't this forbid us to help that ally's defence against them?
I think that is a valid question, and I motion that the vote on this be halted, and only restarted when all questions are answered.
Quote:<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >1) A Signatory shall not engage in any military operations against the military forces of another Signatory.

Hypothetically speaking, if they were to invade one of our allies wouldn't this forbid us to help that ally's defence against them?
</blockquote> I agree that it is a valid question. However, I also believe the advantage of having a treaty with Catlandatopia (CLT) outweighs the disadvantages.

CLT currently maintains some raider ties, including treaties. If any (or all) raider group decides to attack us, CLT will be forced to go along with them and attack us. With this treaty, it prevents about 40 UN nations going against Fudgie, and <em class='bbc'>could</em> (yes could, not will, as the way the document is written up) provide us those 40 to support Fudgie.

Regarding current alliances, I'm not entirely certain anymore that they will support us if we ask them to. And currently we only have 2 alliances right now (the TP one is waiting till the other 2 get through the vote).

Quote:

CLT has suggested the following change, in response to Bai Lo and Tsrill's concerns.

Quote:) A Signatory shall not engage in any military operations against the military forces of another Signatory for purposes of Imperialist expansion. Action against the other shall void this treaty.

2) A Signatory shall not support in any way, directly or indirectly, military operations against the military forces of another Signatory, except in the instance of defending another ally. In that event, a vote shall be taken to determine whether the position of TSP is to aid CLT, defend the other ally, or remain neutral. That decision shall always remain the choice of soveriegn TSP  through democratic process. CLT likewise shall have the ability to decide it's position should the converse occur.

Quote:

Trust me on this one. You're going to want a good alliance with these guys. They're pretty elite.
With the change, okay.
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=7953'>VOTE here</a>

CLT has accepted the pact.

Thread locked.

Quote: