Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G-Mod Application
(I'm incredibly tired at the moment as I've been dealing with a situation that has gone on half the night involving a case of OOC harassment from one NS player to another, the second report of this type I've been made aware of in less than a week and it's the same type of characters, so I'll try and keep this short and to the point, please get in contact with me to discuss things further or ask for clarifications.)

1.  Have you previously held the position of Global Moderator/Community Leader on another internet forum?  If so, when and how long?

Owner of Hogwarts Rebuilt, 2011/13 (forum is active but closed to the RP group), it was a vBulletin Forum. Numerous former alliance forums for Travian  (phpBB3, InvisionFree, ProBoards) 2008-11. Super Moderator for Travian Games Pakistan (vBulletin, 2011), Forum Administrator for Travian Pakistan (vBulletin, 2011).

The New Galactic Empire, IPB forum, then SMF Froum, July/August 2013 - present. 

Administrator of the OFO forum, January 2014- (Zeta).

2.  Have you held moderation policies here or on another NS forum before?  If so, what were your overall feelings towards having these powers? Never on the South Pacific, I have preferred to stay out of the government to prevent any possible conflicts of interest with Osiris, Balder or The North Pacific.

As an Administrator of the Osiris Forum, it is necessary for me to act as necessary for the security of the region if needed. To date I have been involved with the security bans of two individuals for the safety of our region, one being Unibot. The other I will not name out of respect to the victim and the fact that said person was also a citizen in this region. Have I enjoyed it? No, but I will do whatever is necessary to protect the users of my boards from those who would cause them discomfort or persistent trouble.

On the New Galactic Empire as Head Administrator... I regret even offering to help Thrawnn when he was converting to IPB, as it opened me to complete and utter hell from the community who disliked me on principle, gradually they warmed up and accept me as one of their own and after a few teething problems where I publicly refused point blank to budge on security issues, there was an accord struck that allowed things to be handled positively - and one that has prevented any further problems over the last six months. I'm pleased that I hold the role that I do with them and that it's allowed me to help the community through difficult situations internally, such as when Thrawnn deleted the boards.

3.  What is your overall feeling towards our current moderation methods?  How can we improve and what should we abandon? 

I think that the members of the government who are given moderation powers for their duties need to undergo mandatory training sessions to understand how the forums moderators control panel works, as well as work on identifying the need for staff intervention rather than judicial intervention. IPB isn't a complicated system for new people, but it can be daunting, and the best thing that the staff can do for members of the government is give them a solid foundation in how to use this boards appropriately.

In many ways, I feel moderation may be too lenient on people who attack our community, naming no bots in particular, I feel that said person has long since given up the pretence of being part of the community and has sought time, and time again to divide our community simply because of his dislike over governmental and regional allies, which I find is unacceptable and a testament to said persons inability to separate IRL/OOC and IC.

4.  What is the most important part of being a Global Moderator?

Conflict resolution, mediation and the ability to remain upbeat and positive whilst working to find solutions to problems that can effect the community.

5.  Will you have a considerable amount of time to dedicate to carrying out your moderation duties?

Certainly, I very much doubt I'll have to warn very many people, people tend to behave when I recommend it for some reason. I spend enough time reading various things so it's not all too difficult to combine the two.

[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]