Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corruption in The SP?
What do you think a 'Harkinnen-Land' would be like?
The nations of the SP would have no voice at all in the government, and wouldn't be able to change it. Orders would be handed down "from God," and they would be expected to like them, because you know what's good for them, and they are ignorant masses.That, my friends, is Harkinnen-Land.
That doesn't sound like fun at all, unless you're in charge... lol. Are you saying the sp would turn into some kind of Fortress State Harkinnen under my leadership? Where no one has an opportunity to enter or leave without permission? That's crazy.
ouch I think I will stay out of this one........you handle them Harkinnen, after all you always tout off that I make life hard for you, so now deal with the ones that you have pissed off.Caio, I will look in and have my say every now and again, after all we are for freedom of expression here.Don't believe me, just look at Harkinnen's title and sig. I have not changed them for him, now have I?
Hey, I never said you couldn't enter and leave. And I don't believe that I implied it, either. Basically, that's all you'll be able to do without suspicion; come and go...
I don't see anything wrong with my title or signature, so I don't know to what you are referring.Anyway, you're right Aurelis. You didn't say that people couldn't come and go so let me revise my statement.Are you saying that the SP will become a "Fortress State Harkinnen" where no one can have any endorsements or even mention my name without some kind of fancy ritual of respect?
No. I'm saying it'll be another version of Tinpot's Pacific. That's the last thing NS needs. And I'm glad your revolt in the Pac. didn't succeed. There would have been no change in leadership styles.If you want some tips, Harkinnen, read on.-If you wish to succeed, you must listen to the people. Let them create a voice, and then let them use it to better the government.-Set up debates on the issues. Let both sides, not just yours, have a say in what goes on-Respect other people and they'll respect you. Don't insult them, or make them feel stupid.-Make sure you give credit where credit is due. Never leave anyone out of the spotlight that's earned it.
Harkinnen is both incapable of leadership and incabable of attaining the role of leadership becouse this would demand the respect of others which his big mouth prevents him for attaining for even the worst suckers. I vote yey, becouse there is no other way.
I would like to see opinions on the topic at hand, not flame wars gentlemen.
Bisty, those posts weren't a flame war. <a class='bbc_url' href='http://forums.redvsblue.com'>forums.revsblue.com</a> is a daily flame war.
Judge by LR's reaction
Quote:ouch I think I will stay out of this one........you handle them Harkinnen, after all you always tout off that I make life hard for you, so now deal with the ones that you have pissed off.
I will not tolerate this on this topic. this is far too important.
Come now, GA, I have respect for some of you people here, just not all.
Quote:No. I'm saying it'll be another version of Tinpot's Pacific. That's the last thing NS needs. And I'm glad your revolt in the Pac. didn't succeed. There would have been no change in leadership styles.

If you want some tips, Harkinnen, read on.

-If you wish to succeed, you must listen to the people. Let them create a voice, and then let them use it to better the government.

-Set up debates on the issues. Let both sides, not just yours, have a say in what goes on

-Respect other people and they'll respect you. Don't insult them, or make them feel stupid.

-Make sure you give credit where credit is due. Never leave anyone out of the spotlight that's earned it.
No trust at all. Thats a real shame. Besides, if I had taken over, we probably wouldn't be talking now, would we? I would be busy plotting evil schemes according to some people.

Anyway, I need a government of my own before it can listen to the people and I assure you that I will be very open to the people when I assume power. Second, debates sound like a good idea, I'll remember that. Third, I only make fun of people when they do/say something stupid, or I am in a very bad mood. Lastly, I don't see the gain in not recognizing people who do good things for me. Encouragement is good, it gets people to take the initiative.
Bisty I apologize to you most humbly for my remarks. I can remove them if you want me too.
naw. thanks though. your remarks are not my concern, it's the others. can we split this topic and give them thier own, please.
Whoops, that turned into an attack on the government, which isn't really what I meant.
Quote:Harkinnen, not to sound mean, but that's what we intend to use it for. Yes, no one is 100% resistant to temptation, but there are people that are close The SP has been burned in the past, and it's going to take a while before our trust is back to where it should be. Also, since we're a birthing region, we're going to get power-crazies who spawn here and think that they can take it over. We've got to have some measure of protection to keep us from becoming another Pac.
That is very arrogant of you to assume that this government is the best one, and even more arrogant to imply that it is near 100% immune to corruption. If you block opportunities for new nations to prove themselves, you become what you so desperately try to destroy. This government (cabinet w/delegate) will be just a watered down version of the Pacific.
Whoa - back up there Hark.New nations ARE give the chance to prove themselves - I myself am in that sitatution. At all times new nations are allowed to run for office in the monthly elections, and recently I became Geomania's Undersecretary. (Thanks Geo! Big Grin ) I'm barely even 2 months old as a nation - yet I have been given the opportunity to do a job in the SP.Noone is discouraged from expressing an opinion- it may encounter resistance of course, but ideas are not thrown out. EVen in elections, debates are encouraged, and a lot of good ideas that the winning nation can and does use. Please - before you make a statement like this - go read some of the election threads and realise that everyone is given a chance in the SP.
Quote:Harkinnen Posted on Oct 25 2003, 10:58 PM
? QUOTE (Aurellis @ Oct 25 2003, 10:33 PM)
Harkinnen, not to sound mean, but that's what we intend to use it for. Yes, no one is 100% resistant to temptation, but there are people that are close The SP has been burned in the past, and it's going to take a while before our trust is back to where it should be. Also, since we're a birthing region, we're going to get power-crazies who spawn here and think that they can take it over. We've got to have some measure of protection to keep us from becoming another Pac.?

That is very arrogant of you to assume that this government is the best one, and even more arrogant to imply that it is near 100% immune to corruption. If you block opportunities for new nations to prove themselves, you become what you so desperately try to destroy. This government (cabinet w/delegate) will be just a watered down version of the Pacific.
Here are a few of my thoughts on this matter.

1. We are not above corruption, after all only the Untouchables were, and I am not from that generation. But with several of us working together then we are as close as we can be.

2. The Pacific has only the power of the Delegate, he chooses who is in the Government, we vote on that monthly.

3. No one here is required to "turn" in so-called spies to get ahead, if you do not believe me ask Fudgetopia. Forget that I will ask.

Fudgetopia, were you ever asked by a Government Offical in the South Pacific Government or the Delegate to trun over damaging information about any other nation in the South Pacific to become part of the SP Government?

4. We have a mix of non UN members and UN members here, and they are all welcome to voice their opinions and suggestions.

5. New Nations are allowed to get ahead, but when it comes to getting close to the Delegate Seat, we have to worry, we have seen things like the Pacific happening here and do not want it to happen again.

6. We have nations that disagree with us, even in the Cabinet, don't think so, then let me introduce you to Greater Arkania, GA will speak out in a heartbeat if he thinks something is wrong, and he is still here and a very valued member of the South Pacific.

7. You are still here, and tell of one other person that speaks as you do against this, if you even thought of tring this in the Pacific you would have been baned from their boards and the region.

8. I do not claim to be prefect, after all I am human, and I do not think that there is one person in the SP Government, or the Council that would say that they are.

9. You call Aurellis arrogant, but yet you do not see that within yourslef? I asked you a direct question and you have yet to answer it.

10. I will admit that I can be arrogant, it is part of my nature, after all I am human, but I do not go throwing things at people and not let them ask questions, and most important, I try to answer their questions when they are asked.
*APPLAUSE*

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]

Quote:3. No one here is required to "turn" in so-called spies to get ahead, if you do not believe me ask Fudgetopia. Forget that I will ask.

Fudgetopia, were you ever asked by a Government Offical in the South Pacific Government or the Delegate to trun over damaging information about any other nation in the South Pacific to become part of the SP Government?
*blushes and is put on spot* (I know you didn't mean it that way tho, LR)

I have never spied for the SP, or dobbed anyone in to get to my position. Everything I find out is posted immediately. I do not under any circumstances go running to anyone, or send sneeky little TG's or PM's to LR. (The last PM I sent to LR was for a fried chicken recipe - Sheesh!)

I know my place, it's as Geomania's assistant. I tell Geo what I know, and do my job as I am told.

whilst you may find it hard to swallow Hark, this is the absolute truth. I am not a liar, and I certainly didn't sleep my way, or lie and cheat my way to where I am.

Quote:7. You are still here, and tell of one other person that speaks as you do against this, if you even thought of tring this in the Pacific you would have been baned from their boards and the region

I forgot to raise this point earlier as well Hark. Fell lucky that in the South pacific, you are given a voice, and it is listened to.

*gets down off soapbox*

Give it your best shot Hark. I'm ready to hear what you have to say about this.
::Climbs up on his soapbox::LR, I actually think he's on the Pac's "Short List" for trying a revolt.Harky, tell me where I said that I thought this gov't was the best one? I don't believe I did. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I didn't even imply that I thought that the current gov't was 100% perfect. I'm going to bring out an old argument for this next one. ::blows dust off of old post; looks at it awhile::If you think we're so corrupt, tell me then, why are you still able to post? If we were as corrupt as you're saying then you wouldn't have access, and we wouldn't eve know that you were raising trouble; because LR would get rid of all evidence that you ever posted before. Think about why you're still here...then get back to me.::gets down from soapbox::
*takes soapbox back*Exaclty my point Aurellis.Is this government corrupt because it gives you a voice? Perhaps it's corrupt because unlike other regions, you have been given a chance to state your case, post freely on the boards and not be booted for it?I know - it's corrupt because we hold regular elections, and allow everyone to run for office. And everyone is encouraged to run, and to vote.Corruption is a nasty allegation Hark. Perhaps you should seriously go away and then come back with some facts.*gets off soapbox and has a cold shower to stop boiling over*
Hark i would like you to note that your posts have only been moved and not deleted (which i could also have done.)
Gee Hark - what's up? Haven't heard back from you yet.