Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powers of the Delegate/Vice President
Okay, here's what I thought the powers of the Delegate/VP should be; there are no ground-shaking changes, it's more of a revision. I tried to get it done during the time of the Great Council, but I had work to worry about. Sad

Here is what those lines look like currently:

Quote:Responsibilites and Authority of the delegate;

Delegates power is only binding as long as they hold the delegate position. All departments and official arms of the Coalition bow the the will of the office of delegate, not the individual nations weilding the power.

Delegate cannot surrender the sovereignity of the region to any group or alliance without approval from the region in form of a cabinet vote.

Delegate may act only in the intrest of the region with the consent of the region. Explusion may only take place as outlined above. The delegate must follow the charter completely.

Delegate shall be informed of all information concerning the region by the cabinet immediately.

Responsiblities of the Vice President;

The Vice President shall carry out all duties of the Delegate in the absense of the Delegate. The Vice President is therefore second inthe chain of command.
And here's what the they'll look like with the revision (new lines in bold; gramatical changes/minor revisions not highlighted):

Quote:Responsibilites and Authority of the Delegate;

The Delegate's power is only binding as long as they hold the position of Delegate of the Region of the South Pacific. All departments and official arms of the Region of the South Pacific bow the the will of the Office of the Delegate, not the individual nation.

The Delegate cannot surrender the sovereignity of the Region of the South Pacific to any group or alliance without approval from the region in form of a cabinet vote.  <strong class='bbc'>If there is a two-thirds majority in favor of the proposition, then the Delegate shall surrender the sovereignity to the aforementioned group or alliance</strong>

The Delegate may act only in the intrest of the region with the consent of the region. Explusion may only take place as outlined above. The delegate must follow the rules outlined in the Code of Laws, as any other citizen of the Region of the South Pacific would.

<strong class='bbc'>Any information deemed an immediate threat to the safety of the Region of the South Pacific shall be introduced to the Delegate at the first opportunity by the elected Secretary of the corresponding Department.</strong>

Responsiblities of the Vice President;

The Vice President shall carry out all duties of the Delegate in the absense of the Delegate. The Vice President is therefore second in the chain of command.

<strong class='bbc'>Any information not deemed an immediate threat to the safety of the Region of the South Pacific shall be introduced to the Vice President in a timely manner by a Secretary or an officially designated Undersecretary of the corresponding Department.  It is the Vice President's job to decide if this information warrants action or not.</strong>
If I've missed anything, please let me know. Do you need to borrow a comb, Slack? Big Grin
*takes out magnifying glass*There's soemthing missing..... i think..oh the suggestions board is the vp's resonsibility.
What did I miss?

::EDIT::

I've forgotten to end a line, so I'll just quote the old line and then I'll quote the new one.

Here's the old one:

Quote:The Delegate cannot surrender the sovereignity of the Region of the South Pacific to any group or alliance without approval from the region in form of a cabinet vote.  If there is a two-thirds majority in favor of the proposition, then the Delegate shall surrender the sovereignity to the aforementioned group or alliance
...And here's the new one:

Quote:The Delegate cannot surrender the sovereignity of the Region of the South Pacific to any group or alliance without approval from the region in form of a cabinet vote.  If there is a two-thirds majority in favor of the proposition, then the Delegate shall surrender the sovereignity to the aforementioned group or alliance.  <strong class='bbc'>If there is not a two-thirds majority, then the motion is defeated and the Region of the South Pacific will not give control to the aforementioned group or alliance.</strong>
I am glad that you caught that, even as tired as I am today I was wondering for a min. about that line Tongue and Bisty is right, the Suggestions Forum is for the VP, then if the VP thinks that something should be moved on then a Cabinet Vote and then the Council Vote needs to be implemented, but only from a call from the VP.
shall we vote on this as well? or do you think it has been voted on?
Has the charter been edited?
As far as I know, nothing from the Great (or should I say Mediocre) Council has been added, as of yet. If someone plans to do it in the future, that's fine with me, just so long as it gets added.My suggestion, is take the Laws forum that is hardly used, put the (upcoming) Code of Laws there, and also put the newly revised and edited Charter there as well. That way, we don't have to jump back and forth between sites.
sounds good. but the main site should be editied too. it will avoid confusion.we really should get going on this.
I've got all the edits on my computer, I just haven't found time yet to gel them into a solid, readable form yet. It's well in the works. As for the Code of Laws: basically, I assumed that it's anything under the Laws forum. The Voting Law, 3 Warnings (yeah, I need to edit and move it), the DSP by-laws (since the DSP is run under slightly different rules), et. al.
Also, the Code should contain any obvious rules that are unwritten, but we think should be written down. I'd rather have it written down and only used once than have it not written down and have to go throught that mess with Aramac...
Actually, at this point most of those types of things are already in the Code of Laws... it's just that the Code of Laws has to all be put in one place.
Ok how about here and we can all work on it together, or I can create another forum just for working on the Charter, then move the finished product to where it needs to go, as admin, after a part gets done I can combine it with the rest, that way maybe a few of us working on it will be easier for everyone, just a thought.
Personally, I think we should wait until after the elections. That way, if this goes through, you don't have one person trying to change it after it's all but done, though I think I put some pretty good safeguards against that (not too sure what I wrote; I've slept since then Big Grin ) That is a pretty good idea LR.