Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Series
ok so forgive this but....CUBBIES WIN 4-2 OVER ATLANTA!!!!!!!!WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOthat is all Big Grin
omg i forgot. damn you NS. How many games have they played?
just the one tonight so theyre one up in the series but who knows whatll happen...so long as they can keep it up*does happy snoopy dance*
how manty have they played?
just the one game bitsy thats it
The world Seires havn't started yet i dont think.
Dear Lord, Monkeybutts, but can't you remember 1984 (won first two games, lost the rest), or 1989 (won game 1 big, then lost the rest)?Besides, if the Cubs and the Red Sox make the Series, Game 7 will be called because of a rain of frogs, water turning the blood and the Rapture!
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
ow. Tongue nothing like cheering for the underedog.
HeheheBut in the AFL grand final - noone cheered for the underdogs - but then again, who cheers for Collingwood and admits it?? Tongue
Quote:Dear Lord, Monkeybutts, but can't you remember 1984 (won first two games, lost the rest), or 1989 (won game 1 big, then lost the rest)?

Besides, if the Cubs and the Red Sox make the Series, Game 7 will be called because of a rain of frogs, water turning the blood and the Rapture!
ok dont rain on my parade please Tongue hehehe im just happy that for the first time since 1945 my cubbies are in the race....

if (i mean WHEN) the cubs and red sox make the world series then they will not call the game because there will be no game to call...the world will blow up Big Grin

and its not the World Series itself its the "race for the World Series" also called the pennant race Big Grin

:wub:
I'm not much into sports anymore. I used to try to watch NASCAR relgiously, but after Dale Sr. died, well, no one's come up to take his place, and there have been more rule changes than you can shake a restrictor plate at! :wacko:
not a nascar fan at all...i follow mlb nfl and college football thats it Big Grinbut hey guess what cubs are 2-1 in the series against braves *does happy dance*
Fudge - Any true Victorian would have been barracking for the Pies at the GF!! I mean, who really wanted Brisbane to win 3 years in a row??? QLDers!!!!
Quote:I'm not much into sports anymore. I used to try to watch NASCAR relgiously, but after Dale Sr. died, well, no one's come up to take his place, and there have been more rule changes than you can shake a restrictor plate at! :wacko:
I don't usually either.. but, i've recently gotten into the OHL. it was the chepaest night out in uni.
what about football? ...the redskins/eagles game last night? eagles almost lost it there for a minute! :phew:
Quote:what about football? ...the redskins/eagles game last night? eagles almost lost it there for a minute! :phew:
If you want to make a football thread, you can. And the Yankees are gonna hang the ChokeSox out to dry.
unfortunately it didnt turn out that way last night.NY: 2 Boston: 5i was suprised how game 1 turned out.& maybe on monday morning i'll do a football thread ^_^ ...but now it's hockey season as well...on man i'm in trouble :lol:
Quote:If you want to make a football thread, you can. And the Yankees are gonna hang the ChokeSox out to dry.
ok the skankees might beat the redsox but the cubbies will kill em in the world series Big Grin
[quote name="The Monkeybutts"] [quote name='"Geomania"] If you want to make a football thread' date=' you can. And the Yankees are gonna hang the ChokeSox out to dry. [/quote']

ok the skankees might beat the redsox but the cubbies will kill em in the world series Big Grin [/quote]

That would be very interesting, the two best pitching staffs in the league....However, the yankees have some lumber to back it up. All the Cubs have are Sosa and Eric Karros.
who do you think will win Yankies or Red Soxs
I hope it's the sox. i think it will be the yanks.
Quote:That would be very interesting, the two best pitching staffs in the league....However, the yankees have some lumber to back it up. All the Cubs have are Sosa and Eric Karros.
well theres lofton too...and gonzalez isnt that bad when he stops reaching for it....and yes i saw the game tonight *grumbles*
Argh they cancelled the BoSox/Yankees Game. Beckett pitched a gem, tho.
I don't know about Boston vs. Yankees, but I hope that Florida wins. There has to be some justice after the cubs beat Atlanta. Of course I'm a little prejudiced seeing as I don't like much that comes out of Chicago ( I used to live in northern WI, and had to deal with all the Chicago idiots coming up during hunting season and shooting anything that moved including other hunters). I politely refer to people from Chicago as FISH, but I won't say what it means because I could get alot of people mad from it (well people from that state anyway). OOPS, did I say that last part out loud?
If the Fish want to beat Chicago tomorrow, they're gonna have to go through Mark Prior, arguably the best pitcher this year. And keep in mind that Prior hasn't lost once in the postseason yet.