Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regional Currency
Deos the the South Pacific have a regional currency? If so, whats it called? If we don't maybe we could throw some idea's around.Lets see where this goes?
At this point, there is no regional currency.I dunno, what's everyone else think?
I think all the Pacifics should have the same currency.Alpha C
That would be good, but we would need to start out with a Regional currency, it sould good to me, let's see what others think, I will start a poll when we get a few ideas about it.
Mirabellis would like to recommend the 'Solari' as the official currency of the South Pacific.It's value can be decided every year by a commission set up for that purpose, and it can be backed up by melange spice. Wink
It would be good to start it in the SP and then contact the delegates of the other Pacific regions. I like the Solari!!!Alpha C
Do you think we should first contact the other Pacifics to see if they already have a regional currency?Alpha C
I propose the " PROOVI " Why not, it sounded good at the time....
That is another good choice!!!Alpha C
proovi is cute. could be anything. ^_^
How about the Brownie? LOLI like both of the suggestions so far..... B)
Brownies rule :lol: Alpha C
ya but if you think about it, our currency would be eaten all the time, so how would we keep it on the market? LOL so to speak..... Tongue
I didn't think we had a regional currency. I haven't seen much about it. I do think that using a regional currency puts all SP members on a level playing ground with eachother, but unifies our region and shows others that SPians have got it together.I'm not that creative, how about the DYNE
We would be the poorest region in NationStates. But it would taste sooooooooooo good. LOLAlpha C
What about the gort???It's weird,but funny. Big Grin
The Gort for the equal of a pennyThe Dyne for the equal of a dollarThe Proovi for the equal of five dollarsThe Solari for the equal of 10 dollarsBy the way I hope that no one minds the comparasions but I do honestly only know the American money system, so that was my basies for this.Maybe think up a colloctive name for it, like money, but also let it be known that maybe only the nations that want to use it, or that there is an inter-regional exchange rate for those that do not want too?
How about credit. Not very creative but gets the job done.Alpha C
If we are going to have a regional currency we need something to back it up paper money is worthless without gold to back it up. And it would take a lot of $ from all South Pacific nations to remove the old money, redo their national mints to fit the new currency it is possible but it could not happen over night and it will take a lot of commitment.
Do you know how long will process take and who will supervise it?Alpha C
Of course we would have to have a vote on it first if it passes it would take only a week probably it should probably go under Department of Region they could appoint someone to supervise it.
Quote:Do you know how long will process take and who will supervise it?

Alpha C
Director of Commerce and Finance? Whoever it is, SP cannot have any doubts of their loyalty to SP. Also Someone who can promote SP commer to other regions.
Quote:If we are going to have a regional currency we need something to back it up paper money is worthless without gold to back it up. And it would take a lot of $ from all South Pacific nations to remove the old money, redo their national mints to fit the new currency it is possible but it could not happen over night and it will take a lot of commitment.
The only investment would be an initial cost. Then technology takes care of the rest. For example, the Euro. Its a combine value based off Europe's economy. In reality the Euro is only paper. Its value, is in the ability to have a universal currency through that continent. Our regional currency, call it the "suggested credit" will be made valuable by a universal usage.

For Example,

1 TOOL a HOO Flow = 2 Suggested Credit = 1 Malajhaliza Hondura
since we both have a fair economy our trade rate is about the same. It will have to be up to the individual nation to compensate for a difference in trade.

A director will have to volunteer to weekly update the values of exchange for all who wish to be on the "suggested credit" index.

BIG JOB,

sound like it could add a little more fun to the RP of NS

TOOL a HOO
What about a new type of creditcards? Cheques? South Pacific can can have its own strong system of payement. Paciza is an international creditcard and South Pacific Express is also a local creditcard. Wink

TTYL,

Submitted for the approval of those considering the imposition of a regional monetary unit:Joya.Of course, we who speak spanish know that this means, "Jewel". My nation has long held this word as one of great beauty and value.Frankly, I have a feeling that many states would like to keep their own unique monetary units. These aren't just money, but they're a part of our culture. :unsure: The Free State would submit to the wishes of the region in the regard of having a stronger monetary unit, but will certainly be disheartened to see the joya vanish. Sad If we do this...perhaps we should request of all nations to adopt the regional beast, plant, etc. :blink: