Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be careful what you wish for...
I have to get this off my chest about my new job. It's funny, at the grocery store I couldn't wait for more hours...

If you've heard of Shoe Carnival, then you know my employer. For those of you who work/have worked for SCVL, I work in <em class='bbc'>the</em> Distribution Center. The only DC for 300+ stores, scattered around the Southern/East Coast/Western US, based out of Evansville, Indiana. This is where the DC/corporate HQ is. We are currently bogged down with orders to get out. The warehouse is so far behind it's laughable. And don't get me started on space. Ideally, the warehouse would be at about 70% capacity; it's easier to get stuff out and put stuff in. Well, we're at about 90%, and it's a royal pain to dig through 3-4 70 pound boxes, just to get one 70 pound box, then put the others back. All while trying to pick approximately one box a minute for roughly 7.5 hours on a normal day. However, we're so far behind that <em class='bbc'>everyone</em> is working mandatory overtime, 1.5 hours a day. Joy of joys...

If you haven't heard of Shoe Carnival, it's a shoe store that plays upbeat, festive music, and is a madhouse inside...
shoe what? woah... crazy...