Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrrrr! Talk Like a Pirate Day! Arrrr!
Ahoy, me hearties!

Swab the decks, let down the tops'ls, and hoist the yardarm, fer it's time we set sail for Talk Like a Pirate Day this Spetember 19th. When else can ya say 'Shiver me timbers!' 'I'll keel-haul the scurvy knave!' and 'Send 'em to Davey Jones Locker whiles I hunts fer me booty!'? Arrrr! it'll be a grand old time.

To learn more, ye old sea dogs, yer can read (if readin' ye can do) the ramblins at the site below.

Talk Like a Pirate

And, to learn yer dreaded pirate name, assemble at yonder site:

Pirate Name Survey

According to this, I'm Dirty Roger Cash:
"You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean --
not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You're
musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!

So, who's with old Dirty Roger, buckos and beauties?
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
arr yer link be deader than davey jones.how can i parley like a pirate if i be a namless cur? arr. Tongue
I remember seeing this before somewhere. :glare:
Half my friends have this in their AIM profiles... :eyes:
Avast, ye lubbers. The scurvy knave HTML blinkered the name survey. I've had the bilgerat forced to walk the plank fer that error. Arrr! Search fer yer name hereabouts

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate.php'>Pirate Name Survey</a>

Mehopes ye find a name to yer likin'. Arrrr! Wink

-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
arr. i be Iron Bess Read. queen of taste... um.. that doens't work....avast i'll keelhaul ye all if ye mock my liking of hamlet. arr....
Ahoy! <em class='bbc'>Hamlet</em>, that play with the excellent pirate scene by that land-lubber squab Shakespeare. Arr!

-- B. Bragg

Your pirate name is:Captain Bess CashEven though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!Yup, sounds about right...
Your pirate name is:Mad Morty FlintEvery pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!Hey, this is accurate... B)
Your pirate name is:Calico Mary BonneyOften indecisive, you can't even choose a favorite color. You're apt to follow wherever the wind blows you, just like Calico Jack Rackham, your namesake. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr! if the shoe fits...
Evil Jim Rackhamor Iron James ReadARRR!!!