Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of this Region...
TO the Future.... -13 DAYS!!!!!!!God Save The South Pacific!!!!!!
Um...what?
*sigh* Hello Casa. :eyes:
I don't mean to be nasty, but this poll makes no sense at all, whatsoever.
What do you mean in makes no sense? It makes perfect sense to me.... Unless there's something I don't know.
there's a history with the person who set it up.i agree it isn't explained well at all.
Ok what is this one about? just wondering before I vote Big Grin
We believe that it is asking if a universal parliament should have power, or should sovereignty belong to the governments of nation-states (in general, not the game).
Quote:We believe that it is asking if a universal parliament should have power, or should sovereignty belong to the governments of nation-states (in general, not the game).
What type of power are you considering?
Well in all honesty, with the way the game is setup, the power is to Max Berry, and he let's the Delegates of the Region have baning power and power over what is said in the Fact Book entry, then it is up to the Delegate of the Region to work with a govenment body, or to make decisions on their own, so honestly I do not see what the point is to this poll, all we can really do is ask for changes in the game, but it is up to the creator of the game, Max Berry, to make them.
but we can change the game.......
no, read her note.. we can't. not unless max berry allows it. so we are all left up to his whim and will.
but this forum are chanching the game!!!!!!!!!!!
no this is outside the game and as far as i can tell is setup and run by Tsunami.Sorry but changing the forum doesn't change the game.
so... the member of the governamnt haven't power in Nationstates and in the South pacific.....
It's kinda complex, but I'm going to take a stab at it (here's to hoping my brain doesn't overheat Big Grin):The way it's set up, Max Berry has the power to change the fundamental way the game is written. For example, if he wanted to give the Delegates power over governmental styles of each region and remove daily issues for everyone but the UN Delegates, he could. Or, if he wanted to change the way UN Member voting is set up, or the kinds of UN legislations that are proposed, he could do that, too.The UN Delegates have power over who is in each of the regions. If they want to get into what we're doing, such as a Cabinet and a Government, they can, but that has no bearing whatsoever on the game at all. That is just a role-playing aspect of the game; something performed for fun. What we do here is not connected in any way to NationStates directly, as in the way the game is written.If there is anything unclear about this post, let me know and I'll try to explain; that is, if I can understand what I've written Big Grin...
you made some good points, but these boards are setup with first and foremost, a form of Government for the South Pacific, the Cabinet, meets here and makes decisions about things, like if a nation needs to be baned, why do they need to be? these boards hold us accountable to the South Pacific Council, which are the members, UN member or not, of the South Pacific that wants to come here to cast votes that they might not get to do out in the South Pacific, these boards also let us know if something is wrong in the game, this past weekend just how many people thought to come here and then found out that the game was down for everyone, not just them.In a way the game and these boards work together, as in through the choice of the Delegate (me at this time) choosing to work with a Government Body, but at the same time they are seperate, meaning that Max Berry can not come here a take them away from us....or do anything to them unless Tsunamy decides to give him Admin. Power over the boards.
Polliesalumi,No the Delegate dose not have any power in NationStates, except to ban nations, keep up the Fact Book Entry, and to vote on proposals, that are the only three things the Delegate can do in NationStates.Here on these boards the Government works together, and because everyone lives in different parts of the World, the Real World, it is easier to keep track of things and decisions that are made here on these Forums, the South Pacific Headquaters is a nice thing to have, and we use it alot as well as here, but we miss so much of the happenings there, Here we do not miss anything.I hope that you understand better.
I am sorry guys, i had to do it, the leprechauns MADE me do it, and i had to give in.Polls like this give me jip.
MATT you devil you, having a little fun now aren't ya........ Big Grin
once again i have to ask someone to change my vote if they can.... Tongue
I voted at last, there is a viable vote on the floor.Of course my chefs are cranking out the Dill and Banana pizzas as we speak, they have been since MATT took the office.I always try to take a few, um truck loads with me when MATT and I have state dinners, I do not want to leave the dinners with bite marks all over my legs Big Grin , ya'll just let me know when you need me too supply the pizzas for when you visit MATT, then that way at least you will be armed B)
Quote:visit MATT, then that way at least you will be armed B)
meaning i get to keep my arms? Tongue
Yeah, arms do make that whole sleeves thing look less goofy.Oh God, I've been spending too much time in NS General, that I'm saying stupid things like that...
amen!true.. but as i'm sitting here in a sleeveless shirt... but i do not want to anger the leprachauns.