Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inter-regional Event between TSP and Kantrias
TSP and Kantrias have long been close regional allies. Thus, in the desire to further strengthen bilateral relations, I've sent an invitation to Kantrias for an inter-regional culture exchange between our two regions, which they have shown interest to commit to.

The discussions will take place in this thread.

Note: While you are welcome to make comments, destructive/highly critical comments about TSP's/Kantrias' relations are not appreciated, nor are heated debates about foreign policy. Suggestions for activities are always welcome! Smile

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

*screams about EBUL raderism*

Tongue.

I have a few ideas on what we could do for the event.

If you want me to PM then to you or just post them here, I will.
Many equestrienne. Such Mammal. Wow. 10/10 would ride.

I wouldn't mind doing a warzone operation with them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
^ Same 

Many equestrienne. Such Mammal. Wow. 10/10 would ride.

How about we take them on the "tsp_gameroom" IRC channel? Have a little fun over there?
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

I'm looking forward to a regional event with them.  We could preview one or more of the NS World's Fair activities with them, if this will occur before then.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I'm really happy to see this happening.  I look forward to a lot more events like this in the future.

What is TSP gameroom?

One of the common things in Kantrian cultural events is what we call a 'race' thread. Essentially is a combination spam game/chat thread. Basically, the idea is that the first person to post after a certain time (usual Midnight and noon EST) or the first post on a page, wins one of many 'races' within the whole contest, and whoever has won the most wins the whole race. Don't get an award or anything, just some fun. No double-posting allowed.

Another idea would be a TSP-Kantrian tug of war game, where TSPers try to take the number to 100 and Kantrians try to take it to -100, (it starts at zero), moving the number by one every post (but no double-posting by the same person).

Finally is something Kantrias does a lot, called 'Chain Reaction'. Its kind of a 'six degrees' ish game. Someone makes a chain, usually 5-10, and gives the first and last words in the chain, and people try to guess what is in between.

An example of a short chain would be:

Front

Door

Way

Point

Man

As you can see, each word has a word before it that equals a phrase or concept - front door, doorway, waypoint, pointman, etc.

I'm going to give the link to some of Katrias' cultural people and they can come and say their ideas as well.

The biggest questions, I think are scheduling and hosting - I think we should each host part of the festival on our forums, but make it so to experience all the games, etc, people need to visit both forums for the full experience. As for timing, how does *picks a week out of the hat* January 24 to January 31 sound? 

Cerian Basileius Rex Quilor Anacreoni-Anumia
-Son of Lethen, Husband of Eliora Lockwood

If Fascism ever comes to The United States, it will not come with a swastika and Mien Kampf. It will come with a Bibe, wrapped in an American Flag.

[Image: IllyriaSiggy_zps972d7461.png]
#tsp_gameroom

I know we'll make an awesome festival Cerian. I look forward to us getting to know Kantrias a great deal more. :)

Hi Cerian, I love your ideas.

We actually are testing out a game that we'd like to try out for the NS World's Fair here:

http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...tor-games/

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

But what actually happens in #tsp_gameroom?

And that gladiator idea looks good. Combines a bunch of games into one common thread. I worry that the timing may be prohibitive for people outside of a certain range of time zones, though.

If Fascism ever comes to The United States, it will not come with a swastika and Mien Kampf. It will come with a Bibe, wrapped in an American Flag.

#tsp_gameroom is an IRC chat room that runs a trivia contest. It keeps track of scores and shows the top 10 of the day, week and month. To the organizers, i can reset the sores to 0 in a second  if you want at the beginning of the event.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
Cerian, I've updated it to 24 hours per day which I thinks allows people from different time zones to work together. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.  With the day cycle working that way though each challenge takes about three days with all three phases unless we combine them since can't keep track of them anyway.

It's a test out and if any of yours would like to join in for the test phase they would be welcome. Teams will be randomly assigned.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

It all sounds good. 

Anyway, we still need to finalize dating, no?

I'm fine with putting Jan 24th-31st as a tentative date, barring any unexpected events

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I'm kants current Lord chancellor but this will fall under next term with the suggested dates, we're currently running one with Ainur and something similar could work well if you want to check that out on it forums, I'm happy to help with any preliminary stuff that you'd like help with although I may not check these forums too regularly.

Sorry for being Away from this the last few days, Christmas season and all that.

Later tonight, I'll go back over this thread, touch base with a few people and then put together a list of everything we've talked about so we can move on ahead?

I won't make excuses - visiting girlfriend and snowstorm-induced power outage aside, I should have been able to make time for this, but I've just not managed to make it work.

Anyway, ideas brought up in the thread

-The Gameroom or something similar

-Games on both forums (so people need to visit both)

-Gladiator game

-Chain Reaction

-Race thread

-Tug of War

-Warzone Operation (Either joint or contested or perhaps one of each?)

What I mean on the contested warzone thing is like both TSP and RKA come on with the same # of troops and both try to get the same Warzone at the same time? Do a few of those as the contest? or we could work together to take one or do all of those.

I recommend even more activities of these with our allies. With TEP or Balder! Anyone would be great.
Long live TSP and Cake!

[Image: Ryccia.png]
Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)