Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a random thought here
You know Kandrain brought something up in one of the threads on Harkinnen and I would love to get more opinions on this,I think that if an Ambassdor is part of an Alliance with us and is active on the boards with us, well would that not be considered them living among us? So I think honestly that when it comes to voting and such that they should be allowed to vote, they read our boards, they know what is happening, and they can make their own choices, so why not let their voices be heard by one and all of us, after all would they not be more impratial about the matters, coming from a different region.Also I think it would be a learning experience for all of us to hear what they think on matters.As I said just a thought, ok an insane type of thought, but one none the less Big Grin
I think that these ambassadors should be able to vote, because they live in the region, and that is the requirement of voting, right?
That is my thought as well, I just want to make sure that we are all in the same page when it comes to this, that way no one can come out of the wood word saying

Quote:Hey you are not part of the Region so your vote don't count
I just thought with this thread that it would put an end to the start of a great deal of nothing.
I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to vote, as long as they have a presence here and in the SP in the game. The forums would allow them to vote no matter what, am I right, so not allowing them to vote would just complicate things. Of course, they obviously only get one vote just like the rest of us Tongue
The free state agrees that ambassadors should have a vote here. However, one should keep a careful eye upon that as an ambassador can be a very effective diplomatic weapon. If unfair attempts to destabilize the region are being made then we should be prepared to take action against the offending ambassador. This decision is an important one as it grants those who represent other nations to have a powerful voice within ours. And so they shall be made as officials within our nation representing our friends and others alike with voice equal voice to an individual citizen?Let them vote as they will...
I believe that this is a good idea. It also makes sense, seeing as once they move here, they are now offical citizens of The South Pacific. While we should keep an eye on them, yes, it could offend them and cause ill relations with their home region. Unless they have given us a reason to watch them, we shouldn't. They are only human, after all.
Quote:I believe that this is a good idea. It also makes sense, seeing as once they move here, they are now offical citizens of The South Pacific. While we should keep an eye on them, yes, it could offend them and cause ill relations with their home region. Unless they have given us a reason to watch them, we shouldn't. They are only human, after all.
I agree totally
I think that they have the right like us to vote but holding the whole, if you do not vote the way we want you to then we will withdraw from an Alliance with you thing would not be right, but for the ones already here I do not see that really happening, of course the Regular Citizens of the South Pacific have the stronger voice, but you know if you post your reasons for voting the way you are then there is that chance that you can change someones mind on the way that they cast their vote in the wind up of it all, and having fresh voices from other regions is a plus side for us, because in the wind up of it all, they can not be accused of being "puppets" of the South Pacific like what has been accused of us in the recent past.Of course our Cabinet members will keep their Intel. forums secert, every government has closed door policies and so do we, also as members of the South Pacific they would be allowed to vote in the elections, but as Ambassdors, another question comes to mind here, should they be allowed to hold an office in the South Pacific?That one is kind of touchy, because then the split loyalites come into play with that question, will they cast their votes for the South Pacific or for their best interest in another region.just another thought from the Insane Delegate of the Noble South Pacific Big Grin
If you want to get technical, no an ambassador should not have voting rights. The don't really live in the host region. An ambassador is representive of thier parent nation and the land that they occupy is parent nation's land, not ours. They also have diplomatic amunityand you all know what that means, right? That's a technacality(sp). I personally don't have a problem with them voting.The Dogus
Quote:If you want to get technical, no an ambassador should not have voting rights. The don't really live in the host region. An ambassador is representive of thier parent nation and the land that they occupy is parent nation's land, not ours. They also have diplomatic amunityand you all know what that means, right? That's a technacality(sp). I personally don't have a problem with them voting.

The Dogus
Dogus is spot on, at least mostly...

Here in my country (The Holy Empire oF The All Blacks) you have to be a citizen to vote. I it were within my power as the President you would have to be born here.

No one should be alloed to vote whose UN Nation is not in the SP.

Just my $0.02

Dredd
i guess the real question is: are the ambassadors citezens? do RL ambassadors vote? at least in municipal elections? municipal actions would affect their lives....what kind of citizenship rights are we willing to extend to our ambassadors for the duration of thier stay?
Dogus hit the nail with the hammer. However, I stand by what I said: ambassadors should be given the rite to vote, at least in the NS world.
I don't see any reason why Ambassadors can't vote, although you have to admit, it would be a system unlike any in the known world, were only actual members of the state could vote, because as such ambassadors are members of another state/region, with diplomatic immunity, and rights and privilages in their own country, so in actuality they really shouldn't be allowed to vote in this region, unless they give up their claim to the other region.. if you follow my meaning...just thought id throw a spanner in the mix..
ok you throw a spanner in the mix, it is fun to have someone do that, now for my turn.......Who says that we have to follow what is done in RL or even in other regions? This is the South Pacific, and as such, our home, the place that we call our own, so why not grab the bull by the horns and be different, be unique, be one of a kind, and just be the South Pacific. We have a name in the World of NS, why not give them something else to ponder on?Of Course I never said I would do things by the book, but you know what, I threw the book out when I got to the part that said the Pacific Regions are not stable, or that Women are the Weaker Sex.So let's be different, let's be pround, and let's say with pride.We are the South Pacific and we do not adhere to any rules. (ok the ones for the game are to be followed, we don't want to get deleted or something) LOL
I am an ambassador here, and I really don't mind if I'm allowed to vote or not. I'd only mind if the South Pacific had a psycho delegate that was hard to work with. I doubt that'll ever happen. I am happy with the leadership here. Plus I wouldn't feel comfortable voting yet- I'm not familiar w/ the region yet. That's why I created Keeblerhoff Vandi II- to be in the midst of things, make friends, get to know people.
I'd like to first know how many ambassadors there are here, if there are like 300 that could be a problem, otherwise I say let 'em vote, no offense to the ambassadors.
Quote:I'd like to first know how many ambassadors there are here, if there are like 300 that could be a problem, otherwise I say let 'em vote, no offense to the ambassadors.
This is the best point, yet. If there are too many ambassador's and they have the ability to vote, then our region can be influenced by people who do not live in our area. This could result in a "tug-of-war" of opinions that could seriously compromise the structural integrity of this region.

Secondly, are the South Pacific Ambassador's able to vote in other region? It's all about equality, right?
[quote name="Guest"] [quote name='"Military Force"]I'd like to first know how many ambassadors there are here' date=' if there are like 300 that could be a problem, otherwise I say let 'em vote, no offense to the ambassadors.[/quote']

This is the best point, yet. If there are too many ambassador's and they have the ability to vote, then our region can be influenced by people who do not live in our area. This could result in a "tug-of-war" of opinions that could seriously compromise the structural integrity of this region.

Secondly, are the South Pacific Ambassador's able to vote in other region? It's all about equality, right? [/quote]

That was me, NOOB. Sorry didn't register first
that's okay. Big Grin mf, an awesome point.
but can we have more Ambassdors than what we have in SP nations? just wondering.
At this point, if I'm remembering correctly, we only have 3 <em class='bbc'>active</em> ambassadors to our region (I'm not counting Harkinnen... the fact that he would assume to use the name ambassador is an insult to the very concept of diplomacy). And even if we manage to get ambassadors from every other mega-region and the major non-region alliances, our ambassadors in ths region likely will never rise above a dozen. So until it actually becomes an issue, I think it would be better to treat it as a no-threat situation.

As for whether our ambassadors can vote in other regions... as far as I've gathered, some can and some can't. It mostly depends upon the type of government in control of each region.
I would like to think that we are a little bit different, but then maybe not, I don't know :blink:
Quote:At this point, if I'm remembering correctly, we only have 3 <em class='bbc'>active</em> ambassadors to our region (I'm not counting Harkinnen... the fact that he would assume to use the name ambassador is an insult to the very concept of diplomacy). And even if we manage to get ambassadors from every other mega-region and the major non-region alliances, our ambassadors in ths region likely will never rise above a dozen. So until it actually becomes an issue, I think it would be better to treat it as a no-threat situation.

As for whether our ambassadors can vote in other regions... as far as I've gathered, some can and some can't. It mostly depends upon the type of government in control of each region.
Who are these active ambassadors of which you speak? :glare:
Let's see mmmmmm you, K and someone....help anyone?
and Keeblerhoff Vandi.