Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More fun with Casa.
Okay, I came to the board after realizing I couldn't sleep (again), and once again found Casa trashing the forum, telling people not to vote in the elections, etc. Here's the convo (and for reference, "Dance for me, sad clown." is a phrase I use sometimes when someone is being an utter idiot and refuses to back down from it--I'm sad to say I learned it when it was used in reference to me :glare: ):6 minutes ago The People's Republic of Slackervania Casa, we've managed to do a lot of good through the offsite forum. The region is far more stable because of it, and we have an institutional memory that we would not have if we just used this board. There is no rule anywhere in NationStates making it against the rules for a region to have an offsite message board, forum, or website to assist the delegate and nations in the region from conducting the business of running the region. The elections are part of that. If you don't like the way things are run, you're free to leave.Dance for me, sad clown. 5 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario The South Pacific Animal's Farm...Napoleon= The Queendom of LadyRebelsClarinet= TsunamyMinimus= The People's Republic of Slackervania4 minutes ago The People's Republic of Slackervania Sweetie, comparing us to fictional pigs in an Orwell book does not strengthen your case. It just makes you more ridiculous.4 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario The region is far more stable.... THANKS DEMOCRATIC REGIME!!!!! 3 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario YOU ARE WERE THE PIG OF ORWELL BOOK 2 minutes ago The People's Republic of Slackervania Casa, just to be clear, are you calling LadyRebels, Tsunamy and I pigs? 1 minute ago The Empire of Casalanario YOU ARE LIKE THE PIG OF ORWELL BOOK 1 minute ago The People's Republic of Slackervania Howso? Seconds ago The Empire of Casalanario YOU ARE CREATING.... A DEMOCRATIC REGIME IN THIS REGION.... Seconds ago The People's Republic of Slackervania Okay, I want you to define a "democratic regime", and what you feel is so bad about it. Because using the normal english definition of the term, it's not a bad thing.So far it's been seven minutes with no answer. Do you think I confused him?
18 minutes--that has to be a new record with him. On with the fun:

4 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario
I'M AN ITALIAN... IT'S DIFFICULT TO ME TO ME DEFINE "DEMOCRATIC REGIME"

1 minute ago The Empire of Casalanario
YOU ARE CREATING A GOVERNAMENT WHITH SELECTET MEMBER...

Seconds ago The Empire of Casalanario WITH

Seconds ago The Federation of RapMasters

I guess thats what there doing.

Seconds ago The People's Republic of Slackervania Hrmm...

You have at least a passing knowledge of English. Surely you have an English dictionary laying about if you need the help. And if you simply can't state what you really mean in English, say it in Italian. While I only know Spanish, it's close enough to Italian that I'll be able to muster up an understanding of what you mean.

Humor me.

5 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario
I CONSIDER
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php'>http://invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php</a>
A GAME INTO THE GAME...
FOR NATION STATES IT DOESN'T EXISIST

4 minutes ago The Federation of RapMasters
With you doing this! I will learn a Italain! Hopefully.

3 minutes ago The Federation of RapMasters
So whats it about?

2 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario IL REGIME DEMOCRATICO ? UNA SORTA DI DEMOCRAZIA MA SOLO DI FACCIATA.... POCHI E SELEZIONATI MEMBRI GOVERNANO SULLA MASSA FERMA.... DATO CHE NON HA MOLTA POSSIBILIT? DI CONTROLLARE

1 minute ago The Empire of Casalanario
I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE UNDERSTAND ME....

1 minute ago The Federation of RapMasters
Holy sh*t! I hope Slackervania can do that.

Seconds ago The Empire of Casalanario
FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE:
EL R?GIMEN DEMOCR?TICO ES UNO LEVANTADO DE DEMOCRACIA PERO SOLAMENTE DE FACHADA.... POCO Y los MIEMBROS SELECTOS a USTED GOBIERNE En La MASA FIRME.... PUESTO QUE NO TIENE MUCHA POSIBILIDAD A CONTROLAR

Seconds ago The People's Republic of Slackervania
The government does have select members, but those members are voted on every month. We just got done with an election. If any nation in the region doesn't like the way things are done, they're perfectly capable of running for a position in order to change things.

And from NationStates, the forum does exist--the address is posted for everyone to see, and we do not restrict access. The laws enacted there apply to this board. In the past, regional laws from that forum have been used successfully to defend the actions of our delegate when she was put into the rare position of having to ban someone for abusive behavior.

You're going to have to clarify your "a game into the game" comment--that made absolutely no sense to me at all.

6 minutes ago The Federation of RapMasters
I region democratic. Am I hope thats close to the begining

5 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario
FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE:
COMO NUESTROS GOBIERNOS....

4 minutes ago The Federation of RapMasters
D*mn!

3 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario
PERO LAS ELECCIONES NO REPRESENTAN TODAS LAS NACIONES DEL SUR PAC?FICO... Y los ESTADOS de la NACI?N NO VEN NINGUNA FORMA De antemano DEL GOBIERNO REGIONAL... USTED ES COMO el ACC

WE ARE 5019 NATION AT THIS MOMENT...

Seconds ago The People's Republic of Slackervania Roughly translated (I had to correct your grammar in order to make this make sense):

The democratic regime is a facade of democracy. (A) few of the select members govern themselves in a firm mass--it does not have a great possibility of control.

2 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario YES

Translation:

Like new governments...

But the elections do not represent all the nations of the South Pacific... and the states of the nation do not see any form beforehand of the regional government... you are like the ACC

SO AND SO...

I cannot speak for my fellow nations, but I greatly resent my nation or this region being compared to the ACC. We do not invade, we do not coerce--divergent opinions may be debated, we do not issue orders against or ban such actions.
Gee, I wish I could make this shorter... although it is interesting...9 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario TAMBI?N ACC NO INVADE M?s Las OTRAS REGIONES... GOBIERNA Y BASTANTES 7 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario EL SUR PAC?FICO NO TIENE NECESIDAD DE SER GOBERNADO 3 minutes ago The People's Republic of Slackervania The only way elections could ever possibly represent all the nations here is if voting was made compulsory, which is exactly the kind of action that a dictatorship would take. The best we can do is campaign to try and get the nations involved--if they do not wish to become involved in the regional government, we will not coerce them into it. Messages about where the regional government is located and what it is doing are posted here on a regular basis, and the link and explaination are permanently posted in the regional factbook entry. There's not much more LadyRebels or the rest of us can do without actively forcing people to become involved.Oh, and I must apologize to The Federation of Rapmasters--you deserve a warmer welcome than a debate in several languages between Casa and I. LadyRebels is asleep right now, but as Secretary of Justice I'd like to welcome you to the South Pacific. I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us and contribute to the region. Seconds ago The Empire of Casalanario IF THE VOTE IS ON NATION STATE... OKBUT ON EXTERNAL WEB SITE... I DON'T RECOGNIZE IT Seconds ago The People's Republic of Slackervania Translation:The ACC also does not invade other regions much... they govern and enough (bastantes means enough... there is no way I could figure out how to make that make sense)The South Pacific does not have a need to be governed.4 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario FOR ME THIS GOVERNMENT ON NATION STATES REGION HAVEN'T IMPORTANCE 2 minutes ago The Empire of Casalanario ACC NOW NOT INVADE OTHER REGIONTHEY GOVERN AND STOP Seconds ago The People's Republic of Slackervania It may not be important to you, Casa, but after the chaos caused by past game glitches and malicious hackers, having the regional government and making sure that it is located on another site that we can assure will not lose information is vitally important to those of us who wish to keep peace and stability here.Okay, I'm not going to post any more of this debate... I think you all get the point.
did you win???i must say the spanisxh ism ore than intesting tho. greay refrsher course Winkanyhow. he doesnt really listen to reason...
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

alright - since i only caught the end of it - what exactly did you to decide? something about a 24 hr debate on what? and isnt that what we basically have here?
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Yeah, but Casa wants to have a general debate on the way the region is run, and go over things like the current charter and the regional cabinet, and for reasons involving questions about the validity of this board, he wants it to be run through the actual NationStates site. If there's anything I've learned, it's that if there's one person like Casa expressing his views, there's 20 people in the background who agree with him and just don't want to say anything. He's actually gotten very reasonable in the past 40 minutes or so... which either means he has something up his sleeve or the warden finally gave him his medication.I'll be posting a full thing explaining the debate in the regional news after I make myself some breakfast. I've been up all night debating with him, and I haven't eaten in 9 hours.
In my opinion, Casa is just spouting this to try to stir up something. :glare: He should open his mind to other viewpoints. Life will be much easier after you do that.
if we run it through nations states....actually, its impossible to run it through nation states
===

-tsu

There's a link to the forum in the lefthand sidebar in NationStates. It's a lot like this forum... Only a lot harder to navigate. :wacko: I'll be setting up a stream there at midnight my time September 20th and posting a link in this forum and on the regional message board. I'll be asking the moderators to lock the thread at 11:59 pm September 25th. For those five days, it'll be a 24 hour debate on how we run things, and we'll probably make a couple amendments to the charter by the time things wrap up. Time zones won't be a problem, and neither will storing a transcript of it.