Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MOVED] census?
Quote:Better being a liberal then a republican
Where has republican ideals destroyed governments and economies? Liberalism has destroyed Western Europe, Canada, and California.
oi. geo, at the moment canada's economy is stronger than the US....
And who's fault is that? The US economy starting declining in the spring of 2000, when Bill Clinton was president.
Quote:Where has republican ideals destroyed governments and economies? Liberalism has destroyed Western Europe, Canada, and California.
Umm... Nazi germany, remember no homosexuals, no immigrants, big bussiness first, hard line foreign policy, invading countries without international support, no social securty, patrioism... Should I go on. The comparison is there.

Its not like Canada and Western Europe are lying in ruins, their infant mortality rates are lowern than america (even cuba's is lower than america's) while expected life span is greater. Whats more no other nations around them had to be invaded to achive this.
GA, I was referring to Gerhardt Schroeder with his German piece o' crap economy and esp. Jacque Shirac with an unemployment rate that Bush can't count up to, as well as Canada's leftist idiots who decided to twist the meaning of the word "marriage." But, GA, how is it the conservatives' fault that infant mortality rates are off the charts in the US.?

In addition, I don't understand something you said:

Quote:Whats more no other nations around them had to be invaded to achive this.
Geo, what exactly do you mean by 'twist the meaning of the word "marriage"'?
Conservatives encourage privatization which in turn lowers participation in healthcare due to cost which in turn encourages infant mortality rate. Plus infant mortality rates are an expression of how dedicated a government is to its people. Did you know that 15% of children in america live in poverty, that is not latin america, that is the USA. I found that strange considering how rich the country is. Plus the thing about other countries, is refering to expanding economically at the expence of other countries.The thing about marriage is about the allowing of gay marriage, by differenciating between marriage in the religious sence and marriage in the civil sence. I dont see anything wrong with it anyhow. Also about schroder, he is more right wing then left wing.
do you have any idea how much allowing gay marriages has helped canada's economy? there has been a steady stream of mono sex couples into canada to get married and have a honeymoon! from walking through downtown toronto, it's more busy for that than las frikken vegas..... Tongue Big Grin the marriage boom in canada will do more good than the rock concert. it's effects are longer lasting, and this country might just get repeat visitors if they like it here.geo, don't forget that the whole 'gay marriage' thing in canada started for economic reasons. there was a couple (a hell of a long time ago) that wanted to have the extra health insurance provided by one of their companies for both partners. this is not a moral thing here, it's simple economics. but i digress.the tally will be starting soon. i will wire those involved with thier pages (there'll be a lot. i'm sorry) and we'll get started. just a simple tally please, no interpretation. i'll post the results on my board when we're finished.
hm. this thread has stopped being about starting the census.i firmly suggest we move this topic to the off topic forum.
Just one more severely off-topic post for me here.Allow me to rephrase. Geo, what exactly do YOU mean by 'twist the meaning of the word "marriage"'?I, too, see nothing wrong with gay marriage. It's just as much an expression of love as a straight relationship. And if you're going to all the trouble to go to Canada to get married, then I doubt that your partner will be so tempted to cheat on you as they are in straight relationships...
Quote:I, too, see nothing wrong with gay marriage. It's just as much an expression of love as a straight relationship. And if you're going to all the trouble to go to Canada to get married, then I doubt that your partner will be so tempted to cheat on you as they are in straight relationships...
The definition of the word "marriage" that the US gov't uses is something like "the union between a man and a woman as husband and wife." What you said about the fidelity of gay partners must one of the most stereotypical things ever said. Gays and lesbos have just as much of a chance to cheat on his/her partner as strait men and women.
once again i strongly suggest this et moved to off topic.idon't want to censor any views. I merely think that is a more appropriate place for them.
alrighty...im not even going to begin with my views of marriage and gay marriage and what not.btw geo, it would be lesbians - not lesbos. alright?
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Geo, do you mind if I post the conversation we had yesterday up here?
Go ahead Slacker, and tsunamy:

Quote:btw geo, it would be lesbians - not lesbos. alright?
I don't really understand why it really makes a difference, other than the fact that it might insult lesbians, but it if did, I ask the lesbians that read this fine board to accept my thousand apologies.
*rolls eyes*so much for kind hearted souls...
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Well, Geo, since you didn't answer my question, I'm going to assume it's okay.Geo X Geo X: what do you think about gay marriageAmberwind2001: civil version of it should be legal, but we should still leave it up to churches as to whether or not they're willing to perform the ceremonisAmberwind2001: "You can get married by a judge, but the bishop may not extend you the time of day."Geo X Geo X: well this is what i thinkGeo X Geo X: gay marriage should not happenGeo X Geo X: the definition of the word marriage is "the union between a male and a female."Geo X Geo X: not a male and a male, or a female and a femaleGeo X Geo X: however, gay couples should be allowed to share healthcare benefits, insurance, etcAmberwind2001: actually, the definition is a bit broader than you paint itAmberwind2001: from dictionary.com:Amberwind2001: 1.1. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.2. The state of being married; wedlock.3. A common-law marriage.4. A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage.Geo X Geo X: the definition the constitution is the first oneAmberwind2001: huh?Amberwind2001: I think you're missing a conjunction thereGeo X Geo X: the definition the constitution uses is the first definition from dictionary.comAmberwind2001: there is no definition of marriage in the Constitution of the US. A few states have put a definition in, and there's a federal law saying that no state is required to legally recognize a same-sex marriage. There's a group of senators pushing to add an amendment to the US contitution defining marriage as b/t a man and a woman, but as of yet, there is no federal definitionGeo X Geo X: well, the us gov't uses that definitionAmberwind2001: they use it, but it's not written into law. There are hundreds of benefits that married couples receive federally, and even if same-sex marriage is legalized on a state level, those couples would be denied the federal benefits of marriage. skew that any way you want, but in the end the federal gov't would be denying a signifigant portion of the population equal protection under the law (which is in the constitution) if they continued to deny same-sex marriage on at least a civil levelGeo X Geo X: well, yeah, you're right, but these gay couples could not be legally married and could still have all the federal benefits that hetero marriages haveAmberwind2001: the "civil unions" option put into law by Vermont does not extend federal priviledges--only state ones. So how do you propose that gay couples get the federal benefits, since under current law you must be married (and that is the language) in order to receive them?Geo X Geo X: well you've got me there
well to note,marriage licenses would be a *believe* a reserved power thereby being something for the state to decide...
===

-tsu

*pulls out two pennies, tosses them in*Think it's time I put my two cents in. While I am not a homosexual, I support anyone who is, mainly because they are standing up for their beliefs. I also support same sex marriages. Just because it is not a woman and a man doesn't mean they love each other more. In some cases they may love each other more.Now, in case you were wondering, I do believe in God. I'm still working out the finer points, I guess you could say. But I do believe that He sent His only son. If this offends anyone, I am sorry; I will no longer talk about this on the 'board.
This might be obvious to some, but not to me, however what has this got to do with anything.
everyone defneds the reason they dont support gay marriage with the fact that homosexuality is against God - as in the juedo-christian religions.
===

-tsu

Am I the only person that is anti-gay marriage that has not used the arguement that it's against God?
probably.
===

-tsu

Yeah, you propably are geo. But dont feel so bad, being the only one is good in some ways.
Well at least I have a unique argument.