Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
census?
what would you all think of taking a census? i had a telegram that suggested that the SP was more left than right. so now i want to see.i had started taking this census a couple of days ago. but then this stone concert got in the way andi think i will have to start over. does anyone think this is a good idea? does anyone want to help?
why not ? that would be a huge work, but it might be feasible.
I think it's an interesting idea, although it would be a lot of work. It could be valuable for intel as well.
I love the idea. I say what we do is have neigh 50 people telegram a set amount of nations a census. The nations, in turn, would send the forms to the sender complete.
Bitsy, is this census solely about the political leanings of the nations? Because it would be exceedingly easy for just one person to go through the list and make a tally.Heck. I'd do it. I'm bored enough.
that's pretty much what i had in mind slacker. i had started, but only got ten pages in before my eyes started to cross... :wacko: and i thought that some might have objections to this practice. so i have posted it here for others to raise those objections.hell, i'm not sure if it's my office that should be doing it. *doesn't want to step on toes*but it seems like peoples think it's a good idea so i guess i will.
I think there is nothing wrong with it, and Im usually the one who rases objections about everything. So go for it.
all right.so any takers for pages? this will be a rather large effort....
I'll help If needed. Smile
sweet. i'll make a list.so far i think it's you and me and slacker.
I would like to help but I've got a lot on my plate rite now....
Sounds like a great idea!! here's a little quiz which can tell you your political standing:

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.politicalcompass.org/'>http://www.politicalcompass.org/</a>

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90

thats what i got but its probably not exactly what you had in mind. I wish you every luck with the census.
FUCK NO!!! IM A LIBERAL!!!! XDXDXDXDEconomic Left/Right: -0.88Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62Eh, I'm not THAT devastatingly far to the left. LIBERALISM SUX0RZ!!!!!
Better being a liberal then a republican
wow my mother's right, i'm going to die in a box under a bridge.economic -6social -6.97
Your political compassEconomic Left/Right: -4.25Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77Heh, I'm sitting on almost the same spot as the Dalai Lama when it comes to politics. Time to start planning my trip to Tibet...
Economic Left/Right: -6.50Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10Jesus! Im off the scales.However this is not a good measure, as it displays the choices easily. Nobody would answer yes to allowing the state more power, but in certain situations they would allow it to happen none the less.
I'm quite in the center: Economy: -0.88 (a little bit left)Society: +1.87 (a little bit authoritarian)
Well, I'm...Economic Left/Right: -2.88Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92closest to the Dali Lama but not really near any figure. hump :-\
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Economic Left/Right: -4.50Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21
Original post didn't take ...

Okay, here we go again:

If you are going to go to all the hard-work of a political census, be very careful of the language that you use eg.

The Politically Right Party = in the USA equals Republicans, in the UK equals Torys, in Australia equals <em class='bbc'>Liberals</em> ....

The Politically Left Party = in the USA equals Democrats, in the UK and Australia equals Labor ....

You can see where asking if one is Liberal to an Australian, when one means <em class='bbc'>liberal</em> could pose a problem? And I am sure that this isn't even the most obvious problem, just the first that came to mind ...

Actually, what I was thinking was that instead of tallying left/right, we take a census of each individual state type, e.g. Capitalitz, Inoffensive Centrist Democracy, etc.There's a larger version of this in either the FAQ or News site, but it's for the entire program, not just our region.
Economic Left/Right: -4.00Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74Hey slacker, I'll go to Tibet with you.
that's what i was thinking slacker, then i will post the results without i repeat without any commentary. it's just information. make of it what you will.
alright i moved part of this post to the off-topic forum.dunno if i got all of what shouldve been moved or not but i took most of it...
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu