Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spy Kids 3D: Game Over
Guys, Three one-word sentences: This. Movie. Sucked.

Yes, it sucked. It sucked so bad it made Kangaroo Jack look like an Oscar contender. Ladies and gentlemen, the star-power in this movie does nothing to save this disaster. And this movie was supposedly a comedy, right? Well, the only time I laughed was when Elijah Wood made a cameo appearance and that wasn't even funny. God, the plot, if there was anything there, was paper-thin, and there was a wide gaping hole at the end. It's like Robert Rodriguez spent too much money on Sly Stallone and Salma Hayek and couldn't afford to film more at the end, so he had every main character in the trilogy make a huddle and yell "TO FAMILY!!!!" On a scale of 1 to 10, this movie tips the scales at 1.1234.
I could have told you that without even having seen it... :-PWhy on earth did you go see it in the first place?
ditto!!!!!
WHY, GEO?!!!!!!! WHY!?why would you have gone to this movie? do you have a small child? were you drugged and kidnapped, foced to watch this movie by an ardent guard of femmebots?did they promise....cheetos?why geo?dammit where's the millitary? we need to free geomania!
I have a 12 year-old sister. She pushed my whole family to go see it. As a 14 year-old brother, I am obligated to go with the rest of the family. Not surprisingly, my sister was like "What are you talking about!? That movie was awesome!" No taste in movies, no taste whatsoever....Anyway, did anyone actually spend good money and see a worthwhile movie, such as Seabiscuit or the second lara croft movie?
Went and saw Pirates of the Carribbean... twice! I love that movie."But why is the rum gone?" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"The Pirates of the Caribbean" has been the best movie this summer by far.
You've got to be kidding me. I agree, that movie was awesome, but it had plot holes galore. If it weren't for Johnny Depp, the movie would have sucked.
Okay, it's the best thing <em class='bbc'>I've seen </em>so far this summer. Summer movies aren't usually known for their stellar plots. It was the only movie that I've seen this summer that wasn't a disappointment. I had a lot of hope for "The Matrix Reloaded" and "Finding Nemo" but they both were letdowns.
x-men was all right. but i might have just been watchingi t for the toronto bits.* u *pirates of the caribbean was good as long as you went in with the understanding that it was totally a vehicle for johnny depp.
Actually, I live about 2 hours from Disneyland, so I've been on the ride at least 30 times in my life. When you go to the movie after having been on the ride, it makes so much more sense and is so much more fun. IMHO, you shouldnt see the movie without going on the ride first. Big Grin
Quote:Actually, I live about 2 hours from Disneyland, so I've been on the ride at least 30 times in my life. When you go to the movie after having been on the ride, it makes so much more sense and is so much more fun. IMHO, you shouldnt see the movie without going on the ride first. Big Grin
It does help a bit if you've been on the ride. I had just gone to Disneyland a couple of weeks before, so I remembered it fairly well. I was wondering how they would tie the movie to the ride, since it doesn't have much of a story, but the things they did were cool.
eh?sadly one has never been. and i can't go on rides.so what's this that they translated? perhaps this is why Dettibok had so much more fun than i did...
Actually so far I've liked <em class='bbc'>The Hulk</em> and <em class='bbc'>Pirates</em> for summer movies. I will agree that <em class='bbc'>Reloaded</em> was kind of a letdown, but as soon as it got going it completely rocked. Personally, I'm waiting for them to give the green light to <em class='bbc'>Ghostbusters 3</em>. I hear they've got a script written, but no one's picked it up yet.
Grrrr...why do we always get things last over here????? :angry: ....not been to disneyland so can't comment on that front, havent seen the film either, living in the culturally backward country that i do it hasnt come out yet!!!!..eeeeeww not the hulk..its not even the '<em class='bbc'>incredible</em> hulk' anymore!!!

Can't wait to see T3 though i think it comes out this week here...yey Big Grin
yeah why is the hulk supposed to be less impressive? why isn't he incredible?still want to see lxg though. looks interesting.
A friend who's a Sean Connery buff (he liked <em class='bbc'>Highlander 2</em> for cryin' out loud!) says <em class='bbc'>LXG</em> is an excellent movie. While he is a nice guy, I'm gonn withhold judgement on it for myself, since I haven't seen it either.
Quote:I had a lot of hope for "The Matrix Reloaded" and "Finding Nemo" but they both were letdowns.
I can understand <em class='bbc'>Reloaded</em> being a letdown, because it was, but <em class='bbc'>Finding Nemo</em> was, in my opinion, one of the best and funniest movies of the summer. It most definitely was NOT a letdown. Pixar hasn't failed us once.
Quote:I can understand <em class='bbc'>Reloaded</em> being a letdown, because it was, but <em class='bbc'>Finding Nemo</em> was, in my opinion, one of the best and funniest movies of the summer. It most definitely was NOT a letdown. Pixar hasn't failed us once.
I thought it was good, but I didn't find it to be as good as Monsters, Inc. I don't know. I just expected it to be better. I should see it again though. I think the fact that the theater was filled with small children, even though it was 11pm, took a lot away from it.
I actually look forward to Pixar movies, and I'm 19. I find it amazing what they do with computers, and the fact that Steve Jobs (who owns like 60% of Pixar) is CEO of Apple Computer, Inc. :eyes:

But seriously, I do enjoy Pixar movies, and I plan to see <em class='bbc'>Finding Nemo</em>.
i think i'll wait for finding nemo's second run so there might be fewer children about.what kind of a bad parent takes thier child to an 11 pm showing?!!!!!some people. :angry:
Quote:i think i'll wait for finding nemo's second run so there might be fewer children about.

what kind of a bad parent takes thier child to an 11 pm showing?!!!!!

some people. :angry:
Seriously. Some parents are so stupid these days. Every time I have gone to see a movie lately, there have been lots of little kids. I never go before 9pm either, so there is no reason why these kids should be up that late. I know I never stayed up that late when I was a kid.

I saw "The Italian Job" maybe a week after it came out, around 11 at night. Someone brought a 3 year old, and the little kid kept running around the theater shouting.

Last week, I went to go see "Bowling for Columbine" at a 10pm show. Some jackass decided to bring their newborn. Guess what? The baby didn't like the sound of gunshots, so it started crying and wouldn't stop. They eventually left.
I think I agree with Dickvandyke.
first of all - finding nemo is a greeat movie. made me cry. only other movie to come close - Titanic...and i guess im a sad sad person cuz i think legally blonde too was a great movie and either you people never saw it or didnt like it...*cries*on a side note - i dont think there are ever sequels that are good movies. the only movies i liked that had more than one, let alone two sequels were legally blonde (of course sry) and the sfeam triliogy(sp?)...and i guess star wars.....
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Well, since Pixar was mentioned earlier in the thread, you can't forget about Toy Story 2.