Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerns....
:blink: I am a little concerned about the councils being elected. Being only a young nation (I joined NationStates towards the end of the XYZ Affairs reign), I am worried that again we may accidently elect a council member who has the power to eject other nations. I do not particularly wish to be a member of the council, but I think that if the wrong person is elected we are going to suffer again like we did before. Many good nations were forced out of the SP, such as Tsunamy and Kyoto Like Qute Boys (I hope I spelt them correctly!! :wacko: ) who aided me when I first came to NS, and I don't want this to happen again.
The cabinet itself will not be able to eject nations, however it will work along side the delegate and put forward suggestions, or actually investigate a nation that is under suspicion and give the delegate their verdict...Therefore unless the delegate is in agreement the cabinet is not in any position to willfully eject other nations by themselves...
brilliant set up.well i can speak for myself. I joined up nationstates in late april. the people i am seing elected are those who have always valued free speech. They will do thier best to protect the SP.of course that is a blanket statement. So all i can really say is that I have always valued free speech and will do my best for this region. Wink
to add my two cents...all of those elected - with the exception of THE MATT-DUCK and Desert Rose, have been instrumental in the SP since the time of Goddessness. Desert Rose was one who came to help me fight for freedom in the SP from XYZ. Desert Rose also highly recoomends The MATT-DUCK.I can say that Bistmath is an exceptional choice for leading the government during this time. They were fighting with me from the start during the XYZ Affair and there should be no problems with them here.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Huh
I was not here for the xyz thing, but I kept close watch, the second time around when xyz got into The Fathoms Below, I was ejected before I even got to say anything on the board, and believe me that night the WesPac Defense Council was on the move to help this region, DR called and we were moving in fast, two of us got banned within seconds of hitting the region, so we had to sit and watch as everything went fell apart, and know this, as long as you see fit to keep me in the Delegate Seat the Cabinet has say on who gets banned, they would not bann someone unless it was to protect this region.
Jestopia, I understand your concern, and I'm happy to know that you are questioning. Information is an important part to keeping our freedom. I think everyone should be well informed as to who is running this region. Based on my experience, whatever influence I have, I throw behind all of the council members and LR. I wish that only more people like you would join the forums, rather than rather than just sit back and never take part in government unless something horrible happens, as was the case with XYZ. I believe that by fortifying our democracy into a stable structure, always having people question, and good leadership will lead us into a new age for peace and prosperity.
jestopia. an excellent cocern. please feel free to write any of us in the cabinet at any time if you ever have questions.that goes for everyone.as alwyas we can only do the best that we can.
And feel free to talk to me as well. I'm not Intelligence Secretary for nothing!
Ok this stream is old and I think we can do away with it, alot of good information but we do need to keep the board clean, so in a couple of days I will delete this.