Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite moments in history
I was just wondering if anyone has a favorite historical era, person, or moment. My personal favorite era is the late 18th century in the TN, KY, western VA area, my favorite historical figure is Benjamin Franklin (he was far ahead of his time), I don't think I have a favorite moment in time (too many to choose from).
If I had a favorite era, i would have to say the Renaissance(sp?) of Europe. I don't have a favorite person, too many brilliant and/or kind-hearted people. Favorite moment, I would have to say, is on October 26, 1996, when Charlie Hayes caught a pop-up in foul territory in the left field stands to clinch the World Series for the New York Yankees.
My favorite era would have to be WWII. Favorite historical figure is...Princess Diana (Does she count as historical?). Favorite moment in time would be either when I discovered that DBZ is the greatest anime of all time, or when I discovered that Akira Toriyama, Hayao Miyazaki, and Osamu Tezuka were the true holy trinity. Or something...
Favorite Era: England during the 1700'sFavorite Historical Figure: Erik Erikson (the guy who REALLY discovered America)Favorite Moment in Time: Watching Battlebots and Dark Angel on a Tuesday night with my friends in New Orleans, about 3 years ago. I've got several pages of things that were said that night that I wrote down because they were so funny. It was one of the last times all my friends were together.
fav era: Cenozic (60 million yrs ago)to break it down a bit, my fav period is the Quaternary and my favorite epoch is the holocene or the last 10000 years.fav historical figure: franklin is good, I also like Edward Abbey, Tolkien, Newton, Einstien umm there's a lot.Fav moment in time: the big bang
my favorite historical period would probably be the 70's - Disco Baby!figure would have to be Princess Dianafavorite moment would be a little over two years ago when i had my first real kiss. for those of you thinking im a loser - watch Never Been Kissed.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

My favourite period in history would have to be the Peninsular WarsFavourite figure: WellingtonFav Moment....umm thats a hard one...just perhaps one of my wild nights out with my mates, great fun, great drink and generally a good time had by all. I dont think ive really lived long enough yet to have a best moment, other than perhaps the day i was born.....the world never knew what it had coming!!!
I remember watching the Berlin wall come down when I was a young politko and that was one of my favourite moments in history.That and the day Thatcher resigned closely followed by May 1 1997 when the Tories got voted OUT OUT OUT! Ya dancer...
My favorite time period would have to be the Great Depression/WWII. I just think that's very interesting.Being a General Motors fan, I'd have to say my favorite historical figures are William Durant (the "founder" of GM) and Zora Arkus-Duntov (the godfather of the Corvette Big Grin ).I really don't have a favorite moment in time...yet...
Quote:favorite moment would be a little over two years ago when i had my first real kiss.  for those of you thinking im a loser - watch Never Been Kissed.
Tsunamy, you're a loser not for having your favorite moment as your first kiss, but for actually watching never been kissed. And why are everyone's favorite eras wars? God.
And I'm even more of a loser for not listing my fiance asking me to marry him as my favorite moment. Or maybe I'm just heartless... I haven't decided yet.
Quote:And why are everyone's favorite eras wars? God.
heh my favorite era wasn't a war but an actual era Tongue

i suppose my fav moment could be when my <strong class='bbc'>last</strong> kid was born :wacko:

edit: spelling (why do I even bother)
Lol. Why is the Cenozoic your favorite Era? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that the current Era?
yup it's the current era and my favorite just for that reason Wink
I think that the wars are prevelant because it's easier to think of an era when compared to wars. 'The Civil War' is easier to remember than just 'The 1860's'.
My favourite era is now because I'm living it. Don't you find these the most exciting times??????My favourite moment in time is Aug. 16th, 1963 at 13:15. There never was a better time to be born.I saw the first moon landing, the wall come down, the USSR fall, far too many things to mention here. Just think about what you have seen in your life and what you have a chance to have an impact on in the years to come.
I think that right now is a pretty good era( we're not in any wars except the war on terrorism).
Quote:I think that right now is a pretty good era( we're not in any wars except the war on terrorism).
Don't forget the War on Drugs.
And the War on Teen Pregnancy.(The metro area where I live has the highest ten preg rate in the country because of the migrant farm workers and illegal aliens, so I get to hear about it non-stop on the news.)
If i remember rightly England has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in Europe.....yey :unsure: But i guess now is as good a time as any to live in....