Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunshine Law Compliance
As the new Cabinet we are tasked with having to declassify all Cabinet discussions.  I am going to setup a new archive system internally here forum wise and some cool tools that makes it easier to sort through them.  Any discussions that either started after or continued past 4/13/13 do not have to be disclosed.

As of right now I would suggest withholding all information about the Milograd coup until it can be evaluated more effectively.  I think enough time has passed for everything else to where we can start releasing info from 2003-2012 and look at the discussions from this year.

Thoughts?

I have added a sensitive archive forum and moved the old Cabinet archive to this forum as well since only senior cabinet was able to see it anyway.  I guess what I am seeing with the sunshine law is a two level discussion system which includes non-sensitive discussions such as general meetings and then sensitive discussions like the Osiris thread.

I may be overthinking this law though so if you think it would be easier to do it another way please, please, please say so.

I'd have to take another look at the archives, but overall I think your idea is alright.

I have moved the forum that will be used as the public archive in this area for now so we can do a mass declassification at once.  Going through the threads are 13 full pages with a handful of threads on a 14th.  I think we will have to look through all of them to make sure no personal info or IP addresses are in them and then start moving them into the public forum.  Myself, Escade, and Kris should all have the power to move these threads to the different forums.

I know there are some heated conversations in here about The Pacific where I basically say they can 'screw themselves' or something more colorful.  I would just try to make it so nothing like that gets out.

I think we need to develop an objective scorecard, because compliance with this law can easily become subject to political expedience. For instance, we shouldn't exclude something just because it's embarrassing or might cause some political problems for a current Cabinet member.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

GR, the Sunshine Laws will be reworked and reintroduced to the Assembly this term. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Quote:GR, the Sunshine Laws will be reworked and reintroduced to the Assembly this term. 

Regardless, we need objective standards, unless these changes completely nullify the intent of the law.
tsp

Sure, please work with Rebel on revising the laws. 

To be honest I'm a bit lost as to what exactly the next step is here.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Bumping this. We should start declassifying stuff, or writing the guidelines.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I've been going through threads on my own and recording them in a spreadsheet. I can share it with the Cabinet?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Sure, anything to advance this thread.
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Here's the Google spreadsheet: [redacted]

(When reviewing this post in the next round of compliance, please redact that URL!)

e: After trying to develop some objective rules myself, I came to the conclusion that this project probably requires a more organic approach. I decided on a three-prong test: Does the thread reveal military secrets? Does the thread include personal information? Does the thread discuss ongoing strategies? The overall thing to keep in mind with the last one is that those strategies must be harmed by being revealed. However, I couldn't come up with any type of weighting system all by myself, which is why I included a "Comments" column, so we can discuss the relative impacts of public disclosure.
tsp

Thank you, GR.

I've gone through the threads and posts.

I've put (Esc, Good to go) for the ones I think are ready to be declassified. Otherwise, I've stated who I think needs to go through and give their opinion.

Kris, Rebel, Southern_Bellz, Awe, and CSS (Belschaft & Hile) please feel free to also go through and add your comments.  

I think cabinet majority agreeing that a thread is good to go i.e. be declassified would help then start the process of moving threads into declassification.

For military related threads, I think it is fine to wait a little longer for some of them. For example, I've been in talks with some of the people\organizations involved and would prefer to err on the side of caution. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Speaking from a Security prospective, I would prefer that the threads relating to both the TSP and Osiris coups be withheld as they directly relate to the security of the region or our allies. Similarly, I would prefer that any mention of the status of our security scripts be redacted or omitted, as should be discussions of our intelligence assets or lack off. A lot of that stuff is semi-public knowledge as it is, but I would prefer not to reveal the actual details.

Confidential conversations with foreign officials also need to remain classified, otherwise people will be less willing to talk to us in the future. Both the logs of them and the commentary in regards to them should not be shared.

I've marked the various threads as either 'Good To Go' or 'REDACT'; in all I recommend keeping five threads classified, or at the very least heavily redacting them.

As for the Revolutionary Baddies List (officially 'The List of Revolutionary Traitors', unofficially the shit list) it can be found in the CSS archives. Mainly it's just a long list of disposable puppets owned by RPers.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Thanks for kicking the process of gr. I'll look through it this weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I'm unofficially on LOA now, and I don't have access to my Mac, so I can only look through the threads starting tomorrow night when I get home from my grandma's.

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Just some points:

• We need to actually explain how things affect security issue. We can't just say "Oh, this relates to the security of us/our allies." How would our various discussions on Osiris impact their security and our security? Should we consult with these regions if we believe publishing our discussions would affect them?
  • When we come across logs of conversations with another region, we should contact that region and ask if it's okay to release those logs as part of this process, rather than assuming that the thread will forever be classified.
  • How exactly are we going to actually release this stuff? How do we redact information for the public, while keeping the full thread intact for the Cabinet?
  • The list of threads in the Google doc is only the beginning. There are a ton of threads left to go, so if all Cabinet members can go through and add threads from time to time, this would make things go much faster!
tsp

I don't think any of us would want them to remain classified anyway, but just for the sake of procedure I've included in the spreadsheet all threads from July 2003 until the Devonitians Coup. 

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Remind me to buy you a drink if we ever happen upon each other in the real world.

tsp

I'll take your word for it. Tongue

It really was amazing. I've learned a lot about TSP's history from reading those threads.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Ive read through most, if not all of those threads... albeit over a longer period of time than you, Kris. Ill buy you a bottle! Tongue

Quote:Remind me to buy you a drink if we ever happen upon each other in the real world.
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I suggest we declassify the earliest threads I reviewed and from the most recent ones, those that we all agreed were good to go?

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Yes, Kris I think that's a good idea. 

For declassifying, do we just move the thread to the particular Archive for example FAO Cabinet Ministers to "Declassified Cabinet Archive?"

Then, for redaction of private TGs, how does that work? Just replaced with REDACTED?

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Well?

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator