Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandaoguo (ADMIN NOTE)
Until such a time Glen's position on this Cabinet has been discussed his access has been revoked from this area.  If Escade would like me to reverse this decision I will do so.

It is clear that Unibot is aware of the discussions that went on in regards to the Osiris incident.  It was discussed by Escade and I briefly last night.  I feel as ROOT Admin that I have no choice but to revoke his access until a full discussion can be had with the administrative team and Cabinet.

Further; I recomended this course of action to Hile, unaware he had already taken it a few minutes earlier. Glen has previously leaked from these forums; I would not put it past him to attempt to replicate our entire cabinet archives. My hope is that he has not already done so, though that is a distinct possibility.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
It's with great hesitation that I'm adding my two cents here.

But, based on the forums I think you might be a bit paranoid about what's going on. Hile did state that there was more discussion than the Assembly knew, which is where Uni jumped off of.

Second, I strongly caution about revoking privileges as has recently been done. While I think QD overacts, it's these actions that lead to the idea of TSP being an oligarchy.

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

I would rather we ere on the side of caution in this matter, than find our entire classified archives posted in the NS GP forums.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Generally, I agree ... and I'm more than willing to defer to you, Hile et al. on this. I'm only throwing this out as an objective third party.

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Escade and I had discussed GR and some statements made by Unibot last night.  With the conversation on IRC and now the recall motion against me I removed GR's permissions.  I do believe he has provided parts of our discussion on Osiris to Unibot.

I have no problem taking the heat for this and initiated the removal of access as a caution until Escade and I can further discuss it and then get Cabinet opinion.

Also I should note this is a joint admin/cabinet discussion.  I am not acting as MoFA in this thread but as admin.

There's no need for you to take the heat on this Hile. To start with, there is no heat to take; there is a real security risk here, which we had to take preventive action to mitigate whilst we get to the bottom of it. We know Glen has no problem with leaking classified materiel, we suspect he's bean leaking such to Unibot, and we have every reason to be concerned he may try and copy as much as he could whilst he still could. Until we get to the bottom of it, restricting his access is the only reasonable course of action.

Secondly, if you hadn't done it then I was going to. I suggested you do it, only to find out you already had.

Edit: The temporary ban was fine due to not knowing whether or how information was leaking. We'll have to discuss what to do in case there is no clear evidence of leaking.

Once the CoA thread merge has occurred then I'd like the ban to be lifted.

Bel, if there is such a concern is it possible to limit the archives to some sort of system where a user must enter a unique password to see the information? Then, exactly what they looked at is logged?

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific