Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanding the Committee
With SB with a mobile WA, Hile wanting one, and Fudgie inactive, we need to add some more members to the Committee.

I would like to propose Aramanchovia, Rebels, Sierra Lobo and Sheepatropolis for consideration. I haven't run detailed background checks, but they all meet the basic criteria of being long term natives with reasonable influence, endorsement count, and RMB activity. Neither Aram, Sieera or Sheepa have chosen to involve themselves in regional politics here or elsewhere and have had a a fixed WA for a long time, making them exceedingly unlikely to be sleeper agents. Further, the fact that they haven't attempted to gain regional office makes them unlikely to be the kind of people who would try to coup.

Whilst we're at it, I'd like to adjust the line of succession; instead of having the Assembly set it, I think it makes more sense to just have it based upon who currently has the most endorsements. That seems to make more sense.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
*coughs*

Fairly sure I'm not the only CSS member. Our illustrious chair the Vice-Delegate's input would also be useful.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

I previously spoke with Aram and he really wasn't interested.

I'm fine with any of those listed though.

When did you speak to Aram about it?

Curly would be another possibility.

I'm ready to support Curly, Sheepa and Rebels; although for Curly and Sheepa they need to work on their endo counts. On Sierra Lobo, he's active in TSP and seems to be a good fellow, but I am reluctant to support someone who has been in the region for less than eight months, coming in during the Milograd coup with a somewhat ambiguous stance.

If you'd like to add some more, I would like to propose the HEM or Darakin ~ the HEM (endo 109, influence 77) in quite active in TSP forum, though with a low influence; Darakin (endo count 109, influence 394), while a member of the TSP forum, doesn't post much, but he I think he cares for TSP. He messaged me during the Milograd coup. He's been in TSP for as far as NSDossier allows me to dig, with an 8-year old WA.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
*nods*

I'll add Darakin to my list of people to run background checks on. I don't expect to find anything dodgy on anything; with an eight year WA presence, there is not a chance in hell Darakin is a sleeper agent.

I still have 100+ endorsements if you need somebody to hop on.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Aram has also messaged me back changing their mind.  After more thought they really aren't interested in R/D at all and would be interested in pursuing joining the CSS.

Ok, so that's HEM and Aram down as 'yes''. I'll need to TG Curly, Sheepa and Darakin at some point. Rebs I can ask on IRC.

[quote name="Belschaft" post="111091" timestamp="1386924319"]*coughs*

Fairly sure I'm not the only CSS member. Our illustrious chair the Vice-Delegate's input would also be useful.[/quote]

The Vice Delegate can't give his input if he doesn't have access to Lubyanka in the first place. Same with some other recent threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="111091" data-time="1386924319">
*coughs*

Fairly sure I'm not the only CSS member. Our illustrious chair the Vice-Delegate's input would also be useful.

The Vice Delegate can't give his input if he doesn't have access to Lubyanka in the first place. Same with some other recent threads.

Sent from my iPad using <a class="bbc_url" href="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1">Tapatalk</a>

</blockquote>
Blush

I'm gonna blame that one on Hile.

That's fine. I won't say "no harm's been done", but now I do have access. Let's work. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
*nods*

Masking fuckups can be annoying. Probably should have checked to see if you could access Lubyanka, but I didn't think too <_<

Whilst we're on the subject of people being able to see Lub, how do people feel about giving the Delegate ability to see it? Originally when we set it up we didn't give the Delegate access on the basis that the CSS may need to investigate the Delegate secretly, but I think that it would help communication during the 99% of the time when we're not doing that. If needs be, we can always set up another sub-lair if and when it's needed.

I do think the Delegate has most of the time a need to know on the security status of the region, and secrecy within the government in those matters would not be a good idea. I would support giving Escade access. If a certain situation arose, then in an ad hoc basis access could be taken away, and this not exclusively about the Delegate.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I'm on board with the Delegate having access.

By the way, what exactly is under construction here? http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...-security/

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Honestly? I've forgotten. Probably information about the CSS or something.

Oh well, not that it makes much difference but it might be a good idea to do that sometime.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Escade can now access Lubyanka.

At this time, I would like to formally suggest Aram, Rebels, HEM and Curly for consideration as additions to the CSS.

I am in favor of expanding the CSS with Aramanchovia and Curly. 

Wasn't Rebel on the CSS already?

Is HEM active when there aren't elections taking place?

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Rebels' was VD, but not a CSS member independently.

HEM is reasonably active in general I'd say and, even so, activity is not the key thing for the CSS. 

Ok, sounds good.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

One question (since this thread is active, I figured I'd make it here): is citizenship a requirement for CSS membership?

I do not believe so.