Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Osiris couped by Invaders
Quote: 

[Image: lTfzDzhl.png]
Click to enlarge a view of the World Factbook Entry of the Occupation on Dec. 10 2013.

THEBES, OSIRIS --- In a surprising move, the newly elected delegate of Osiris, Venico has declared that Osiris is now under occupation by his own imperialist organization, The Brotherhood of Malice. The Brotherhood of Malice's other leading members, Ambroscus Koth and Cormac Stark have joined the occupation as the other "Guardians" of this new right-wing regime in Osiris. This is the third time this year that an elected official in Osiris has couped Osiris's existing regime (i.e., Douria, Cormac Stark and now Venico) --fourth if you count Astarial's recent extrajudicial dissolution of the Osiran Constitution as a "coup".

As of now, Osiris is now marked in its regional tags as a "imperialist" and "invader" region. All WA Member-Nations of Osiris are being asked to endorse Venico, Koth and Cormac and requested to maintain an astonishingly low endorsement level (i.e., 3 endorsements). Furthermore, any WA Member-Nations migrating to Osiris must now telegram Venico with their identity before entering Osiris. The Black Riders, The Black Hawks and the mysterious "[violet] syndicate" have declared their support of Venico's regime and are now supporting his delegacy with military provisions. The Black Hawks haven't been seen aiding a feeder coup since late April, when they supported a coup of The South Pacific

The Brotherhood of Malice has justified these extraordinary measures as being necessary to remove "defender subversives", like members of The Empire (Biyah, Dalimbar, Neo Kervoskia, and Neenee), who they view as having kept the region under chronic inactivity and political instability.

So what should TSP's response be? If anything...

Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

I would prefer we give the incoming cabinet some time to discuss this before creating what will be a mess of a discussion here.

Quote:I would prefer we give the incoming cabinet some time to discuss this before creating what will be a mess of a discussion here.

Are elections officially over? I was thinking we were caught in the awkward transitioning period -- hence discussion. 

One "illegitimate" regime 'couping' to remove a group of past coupers who threaten the region every time something happens they don't like? Who conspire to boot people out of the region when they are in power, through the invention of evidence? Who when out of power do everything they can to undermine, stall and destablise the region?

Let them have each other.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hileville" data-cid="110770" data-time="1386664594">
<div>
I would prefer we give the incoming cabinet some time to discuss this before creating what will be a mess of a discussion here.

Are elections officially over? I was thinking we were caught in the awkward transitioning period -- hence discussion. 

</div>
</blockquote>
We still have a few hours left.  There is already discussion among the expected new Cabinet though.

An interesting turn of events.

Nothing Ventured
, Nothing Gained

I cant see us getting into (more) fights over Osiris at this point in time... We told them we didnt like the coup of their own region, then they pass the delegate seat to someone who had to have this plan from the beginning... Seems shady at best to me...

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

This coup is the product of one man's deranged and deluded mind. I say we support the restoration of the rightful constitution and government.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
What rightful constitution and government? Our ally, The Kemetic Republic, is dead. Not one Osiran chose to fight for it. They tolerated the dissolution of their republic, the shredding of their laws. There was a time to fight to save it, but I could find no one who would do so, no one to offer our support to.

Nothing but strife is likely to come of Osiris. We gain nothing from involving ourselves now, and have no reason to. One unconstitutional regime has been replaced by another; I do not especially care.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I wasn't saying we do anything militarily, just that we disapprove of the move.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
I'll be discussing with the next Cabinet issuing a statement on the violation of the principle of GCR sovereignty, but other than that, there's nothing we can do. We already condemned the actions of Astarial, and those apply equally to Venico. We already dissolved relations. The NSA can help remove Venico, but it's kind of useless if we don't have a legitimate government to help bring to power.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Theres really nothing we can do except make Osiris a colony of TSP sit back and watch the show!

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

No, no, "humanitarian intervention."  B)

tsp

Quote:No, no, "humanitarian intervention."  B)

I think Ive found my platform for MoA come April... Tongue

Forum Administrator

Oh stop talking out of your arse Uni.

You know absolutely zero about this situation and are just warmongering. It's an internal situation and if you can't respect that, then at least resign from TSP and do it with your own power.
[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Raven, sorry, but you're completely in the wrong here if you support Venico. You seem to be supporting every coup attempt, but never learning that your hopes and wishes that maybe this time the coup will lead to prosperity are simply wishful thinking. At some point the "voice of tolerance" becomes harmful.

tsp

I ask that we not bicker back and forth on this topic.  Let the new Cabinet get a chance to fully discuss the issue.  Threads like this do absolutely ZERO good for the region.

I will not support a group of people that have spread rumours about my mental health
, and if you think that I will support the Empire lot after their actions and manipulation of me over the last six months then you need to get your own faculties check.

Tell me more about how I am in the wrong GR. I love
hearing it.

Strictly speaking the old cabinet is still in session as a lame duck, but not for much longer. Whilst I'm sure this isn't the kind of issue the new Cabinet will want to have to deal with on their first day, that's how life treats you sometimes.

In the meantime, as is well established The Assembly can institute binding policy directives if it so wishes, so this is clearly an appropriate matter for us to discuss. I would counsel that we allow the Cabinet time to determine what facts they can, and decide on a course of action, before we do such. Once we know what they intend we can rightly discuss it and if necessary compel alterations; until then general discussion does not seem harmful.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

I think if I were in the cabinet, I would want the region to discuss the topic, so that I could see what the general consensus was in the region - and give me a leg up. More of a lack of transparency and shutting down discussion seems to be setting the cabinet up to fail to represent us well (because it shuts communication down with the rest of the region).  

Personally, I think TSP should stay out of this conflict. We've ended relations and nothing good will come out of getting involved and nothing good will come out of not getting involved. 

Quote:Personally, I think TSP should stay out of this conflict. We've ended relations and nothing good will come out of getting involved and nothing good will come out of not getting involved. 

That is probably the only sensible thing you will say today. 
What, in practical terms, could TSP do anyway? 

Words are no good without action to back them up

Who said anything about being practical?

Forum Administrator

Indeed. Sometimes a quixotic stance in defense of a principle is the only justifiable course of action, futile though it may be. Our continued recognition of the KRO, and only the KRO, as the legitimate government of Osiris is far from practical. Regardless, no other course of action is possible without abandoning the principle that liberal democracy ought to be supported in the GCR's.

Quote:I think if I were in the cabinet, I would want the region to discuss the topic, so that I could see what the general consensus was in the region - and give me a leg up. More of a lack of transparency and shutting down discussion seems to be setting the cabinet up to fail to represent us well (because it shuts communication down with the rest of the region).  

Personally, I think TSP should stay out of this conflict. We've ended relations and nothing good will come out of getting involved and nothing good will come out of not getting involved. 

I just want to throw my support behind this -- all of it. While I'm interested to know what the incoming (and outgoing) Cabinet thinks, I think this is a topic to be discussed in the Assembly, too.

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu