Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gross Misconduct Charges
You can't keep closing down the discussion of the legal issues regarding resigning, Hil. If you keep locking threads without actually responding to the points raised (namely, that the way we've defined gross misconduct as only punishable in office is moronic), I'm going to create new ones, and then you'll probably have to use 3WL or something. It's not on.How can you justify supporting following a procedure where an individual can simply resign their position to avoid all charges? How on *earth* is there any justice in that? Thus I suggest;1) Someone (Gand?) comes up with a way to plug this stupid loophole, so it never happens again.2) You don't simply drop Uni's trial; see complaints to the validity of this by myself, AMOM, and SB. Did Uni plea bargain or something? Did you know he intended to do this when you started the trial? Because I can't see why you would allow such an injustice to be perpetuated. Nor does locking every thread that thinks this is unfair help at all.This thread has been put here as it may be overlooked in MoJ, and will pertain to adapting our laws.I am baffled as to the delegate's blithe acceptance of Unibot's slippery actions, and would appreciate a *full and frank* explanation. And this thread not getting locked.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
If they were posted in the right place it wouldn't have been shut down. When a decision in a Court thread is posted there is no need to discuss it further that is why it was closed. Then you posted a new thread where it didn't belong.You can't have a trial for Impeachment when the person no longer holds that position. The problem was that Gross Misconduct was tied to impeachment and wasn't a free standing charge. If Gross Misconduct would have been a charge like Treason the trial would have continued. It was a loophole in the Charter that may or may not have been intentional. The new recall procedures are the same but they don't have any particular thing that someone can get recalled for tied to it. But still if the person resigns while being recalled that is the end of it. I don't like the loophole that exists but it was there and I could not allow a trial that no longer has any validity to continue. WARNING: This thread will get locked if it turns into a Uni bashing thread. We have enough of those already.
^ Distinctly less dictatorial TongueSo essentially, we need some legislation to make some free-standing charges, imho.
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Ant. see if the new list of crimes can be extended or improved for me, see if I have missed anything or failed to explain something clearly enough which then may actually close the loophole with an ammedment rather than another piece of stand alone legislation. If you still wish for me to write something I then will, but let me know what exactly you wish to be included in it.
I dont see whats the problem hes following laws.Beside its was a loophole its not his fault
Ant, (not to sound brash...) If RL didn't get in your way, then you'd have seen that Hile had already said what he just said. I don't remember exactly what topic it was said in, but hes said it. Gand. I don't think we need to write a whole new law. An added clause would be sufficient. Or maybe even call for a specific sentence along with impeachment (ie: Impeachment & X months ban from running for cabinet)
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I really don't want a whole new piece of legislation (I'm a bleedin' Conservative, I believe in small government!!!!) I have such little time IRL this next week (I'm in work Monday then have a Bishop's visitation Monday night before my conference Tuesday-Thursday) to be running around and scrutinising laws and the Charter so am putting the emphasis on Ant. (or someone else if they wish to do it) to seek out where the best place to ammend/insert a new clause would be, state exactly what they wish to be outlawed/legalised (which ever) and then I will get on with writting it up at the end of the week if that kind of time frame is ok for everyone...?
I don't think Hile is in a very easy position here; don't go too hard on him.While I'm frankly pretty damn annoyed that Uni chose to end the trial in the way that he did after stalling it for so long, I'm at least content that he no longer holds the Cabinet position which he abused. I'm not satisfied by the result and aftermath of the trial, but I'm not completely dissatisfied.
@Rebel; more than that was discussed by PM, in fact.I can write laws after June 1 (last exam).
New Southern Army Member
@Ant It was stated somewhere in public forum, too. I have no say in what is PM'd. All I can speak for is whats said publicly. I think the "comments" thread for his trial. I dont feel like going back to look for it... Tongue

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Ant. I'll happily write it, at the end of this week, but you will need to do the leg work for me, find where it would be best situated and say exactly what loopholes you do and do not want closing (though I have an idea in mind it just depends where it is going to how exactly I word it.)
Just take into consideration that we no longer have an impeachment hearing we now have Assembly power to recall an official in TSP.
What is going on with this?
I disagreed with how Hile ruled the case, but at the same time I see where he was coming from. He is far from a dictator, he is a leader of the best democracy in NS, and personally I think he does a great job.
Can we rename this thread or start a new one?
New name = better.
New Southern Army Member
Things have sure... changed.
[Image: HuoZhaoDao.png]
I changed it earlier today although I do like being called a dictator. Tongue
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hileville'>The TSP Delegate Dictatorship of Hileville</a>?? Tongue

Forum Administrator

*Gand pops in, swings past the coffee machine, grabs a mug and heads for a booth.*What's in the paper today...*Gand pulls out a paper and opens it and begins reading.*
*swings on from a tree somewhere over there in the shape of a small squirrel*someone called me? :blink:
I'm back...your nightmare returns.

My one and only minion, so far, Rebel-topia.

God damn you LR, I nearly had a hart attack when I saw this as the last posted thread.... I was thinking, already? Yeesh, it's only been two days and already someone wants someone recalled....
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:God damn you LR, I nearly had a hart attack when I saw this as the last posted thread.... I was thinking, already? Yeesh, it's only been two days and already someone wants someone recalled....
*claps happily and skips around*

I am good at what I do, I cause headaches and mild interruptions in heart rhythm, don't cha just love me? Tongue

Quote:God damn you LR, I nearly had a hart attack when I saw this as the last posted thread.... I was thinking, already? Yeesh, it's only been two days and already someone wants someone recalled....
You croak may i have your stuff? Tongue
Quote:<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Belschaft">God damn you LR, I nearly had a hart attack when I saw this as the last posted thread.... I was thinking, already? Yeesh, it's only been two days and already someone wants someone recalled....
You croak may i have your stuff? Tongue
</blockquote>*beats Alv over the head with a rolled up issue of TSPIN*
No I caused the issue that took him from us, I get his stuff, you can have what I don't want........ :flowers: