Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election Law Changes.
This thread will be for changes to our election laws. I will start off by posting this and later will post further amendments to our election laws. This will repeal Articles 10 - 12 of the Charter though and establish recall procedures for elected officials.

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Article 9 - Election and Recall Procedures</strong>

[*:10j4ny58]Elections will be run by the Election Commission which is led by a Chairperson and two commissioners.

[*:10j4ny58]The Delegate Elections shall be held beginning on the first of every June and December.

[*:10j4ny58]The Cabinet Elections shall be held beginning on the first of every March, June, September, and December.

[*:10j4ny58]When an office becomes vacant special elections must start within 7 days of the office being vacant.

[*:10j4ny58]All elections shall have a nomination period lasting five days followed by a campaigning period lasting three days. The voting period will begin immediately after the conclusion of the campaigning period and shall last no more than five days.

[*:10j4ny58]Candidates may only run for and hold one elected office at any given time.

[*:10j4ny58]If only one candidate is eligible to be voted upon in the elections then a "Re-Open Nominations" option will be given as an alternative to voting for that candidate, and if it receives more votes than the candidate then the election process previously stated starts again immediately.

[*:10j4ny58]If no candidate runs for an office the Delegate will have the responsibility of appointing someone to fill the office in question.

[*:10j4ny58]The Assembly may recall any elected official after deliberation for a minimum of three days with a vote in accordance with normal Assembly procedures with at least four-fifths of the votes cast being in agreement.
I see nothing wrong with this, Hile... But it is 1130, and I have been up since 5... Tongue
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

in 4 - within rather than withing
Good catch. Everyone okay with this?
Sounds good Big Grin
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]