Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell Address

[Image: Oldflag.png]

As you should all hopefully be aware, elections are due to commence in roughly two days. If any of you have yet to register as a Citizen, this is your last chance to do so; if you are not registered by the time they start, you will not be able to vote or run for office. These elections are going to have a somewhat novel element to them, at least for people who have joined TSP in the last year and a half; I will not be running for Cabinet Office of any kind.

Nothing lasts for ever. Even the longest, most glittering reign must come to an end some day. I have now been in the Cabinet for an unbroken period of seventeen months. This is the longest period of time any Citizen has been in the Cabinet since Fudgetopia stood down as Delegate. During it I have enjoyed immense influence over the direction of the region, particularly in terms of foreign and security policy. Among my colleagues during the last two and a half years, only Hileville has possessed equivalent levels of influence - I believe it is a fair comment to say that the two of us have largely run the region in that time. For better or worse, the regions' policy has been our policy. This era is now coming to end; the heavy duty of the direction of this region will now fall into newer, younger, less cynical hands. Since the Milograd coup we have seen a new generation of TSPers develop, and take an active part in the political life of the region. Much the same thing occurred back in 2011, when the generation led by myself and Hileville took command of the region. I could, perhaps, keep on going for a few more months and drag out this era for as long as possible, but every actor must know when to quit the stage. My time is now. I do not intend to leave the region, or retire from political life; I will be retaining both my Adminship and my seat on The Committee for State Security. But mine will no longer be the hand on the tiller of the ship of state.

The new generation of TSPers has among it some exemplary figures, who I trust will run the region well and fairly. Escade, Minister of Regional Affairs, and Kringalia, Minister of Foreign Affairs, stand out as the leading lights of their generation. Primarily through their work TSP has secured the 2013 NS World Fair; I look forward to it. I trust they will do a great job of hosting it. Our region has been, for these last ten years, the shining beacon of Democracy in NationStates. I have no doubt that we will remain so during the next ten years. I stand down, confident that there are ready and able young hands ready to take my place. I await to see the region this new generation will build.

It has been an honor serving the region, as Chair of the Assembly, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Security, and as Delegate. I do not know if I was worthy of the trust that you all chose to place in me, but I retire able to say that I have always served the region as best I could. I have always done what I could to defend both the region and the ideals it is founded upon, and have never compromised my principles.

I wish you all well, and look forward to the future you will build,

Belschaft
Delegate of The South Pacific

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Wow. I just thought I'd say that, despite our differences,  I think you've done good work in TSP and wish you a nice retirement from politics.

I also never expected to see the day you'd finally end the streak, though, but I suppose that might have been made possible by Ant's absence. Tongue

EDIT: inb4ban, etc.  :ph34r: 
Thanks for your dedicated to our region Belschaft. I have no doubt you have done your best for The South Pacific and will continue to do so even if not as a member of our government. It has been my pleasure to serve with you and with this Cabinet, and I hope we made a positive difference in The South Pacific during these four months. I expect all of us citizens shall keep working so that this region shall remain one of the best in NationStates.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
[spoiler]http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index...2789;image[/spoiler]

Thank you for serving TSP Big Grin. 

Many equestrienne. Such Mammal. Wow. 10/10 would ride.

Quote: 

<div>Wow. I just thought I'd say that, despite our differences,  I think you've done good work in TSP and wish you a nice retirement from politics.

I also never expected to see the day you'd finally end the streak, though, but I suppose that might have been made possible by Ant's absence. Tongue

</div>
I considered resigning the Delegacy and running for a domestic focused Cabinet position like MoRA or CoA, but it wouldn't work; I'd keep trying to run foreign and security policy, and would prevent whoever replaces me from truly taking over. A new generation of leaders needs space to shape regional policy without me running things from behind the scenes.

I've been in TSP for something like 30 months; of those I've spent 25 of them in Cabinet. Time to let someone else run the show.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MiIograd" data-cid="109282" data-time="1385701350">
<div>

<div>Wow. I just thought I'd say that, despite our differences,  I think you've done good work in TSP and wish you a nice retirement from politics.

</div>
I considered resigning the Delegacy and running for a domestic focused Cabinet position like MoRA or CoA, but it wouldn't work; I'd keep trying to run foreign and security policy, and would prevent whoever replaces me from truly taking over. A new generation of leaders needs space to shape regional policy without me running things from behind the scenes.

I've been in TSP for something like 30 months; of those I've spent 25 of them in Cabinet. Time to let someone else run the show.

</div>
</blockquote>
Never pegged you for a statesman Bels. I think this was a good move and a legacy worth remembering for years to come.
Thank you for leading the South Pacific and keeping it democratic, Bel Smile  I hope that future leaders will be able to ask your advice whenever they need to learn from the experience and dedication you bring to the region.

*Hugs*

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

You had a good run.  I am sure you will enjoy semi-retirement though.

Quote:You had a good run.  I am sure you will enjoy semi-retirement though.
Odds are I'll be back before the years out, having convinced myself that a hash job is being done and forced my way back into Cabinet. Like the last time I retired <_<

You've served this region well, even if we don't always see eye to eye.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Well you did a good job, Now you can just sit by the fire and talk about the days of olde.

You'll be back. 

*tips his hat off to Bel* A new era is certainly shaping up in TSP. Let's make it a good one, eh?

Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

That's it? No beer, no party, nothing? You better come here and bring some beer, Bels  Tongue

Seriously, I could go and write a long statement expressing my gratitude for your service but no need of that. Simply, from someone knowing your work, accept my sincere "thank you for your hard work".  

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
Thank you bel, I didn't know you well, and I also don't know a lot of what you did.I would like to thank you for being here, at this time. Seeing the delegate talking with citizens really took the "Inner Circle" feel out of the cabinet. If you hadn't I might not be running for Chief Justice. Heck, I might not have joined the forums if it weren't for you. So, once again, thank you for all that you have done.

:tsp:

​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

Having retired recently myself, you will enjoy it. I always liked your passion. 

Good luck in the old folks home, Bingo on Sundays!

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*