Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Based Role Play Discussion
As the map has started to fill up, it's time to plan and develop RPs.

What kinds of role play stories or activities are you looking forward to?

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

What I want is a TSP regional - like coalition. Like a republican or democrats -esque RP or a third party if they want. The nations are free to ran their own election or just declare were they want to be for a specific limited time frame. And declare their choice.

MoRA will take note of these nations and their allegiances and list them on the forums as well as the non aligned nations and lock them for a set time like 3 months. And we can have a political like RP umbrella. Then you could throw whatever scenarios like, zombies, terrorist, and lots of political mayhem. 

This way we could have a reference of who is who; and, make a more realistic feel to the RP since nations wont make random changes of alliances during the formal RP threads. Hahaha, for nations who like intrigue we could add subtle backstabbing in it whose main purpose is just to destroy the alliance they joined. =D

I was thinking of starting a manhunt RP involving a Black Panther-esque group. But we could start with forming regional groupings first!

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I don't know how active I'll be in RPing, but I do like making factbooks, and I think the map would be a great way of coordinating that. Working out shared wildlife, the history of our nations, demographics. In NS, each nation is kind of an island - not, geographically, but in the sense that we answer issues on our own and our nations can't really interact in any way. But in RP, we can correct that a bit.

Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

Meh, I'm not much for regional alliance-like RPs.  They generally fall apart due to infighting.  Besides, I'm the consummate Character RPer.  Screw this nation RP business.  Give me good characters and you'll have a great story.

EDIT:  It would be a good idea to have some shared history, though.  I mean, we all didn't just appear out of thin air while having always-stellar relations with our neighbors.

[center][Image: PsIIP8Z.jpg][/center]

[center]Surfer's Paradise[/center]
[center]Where the surf's always up, the wahine are beautiful, and the brahs got swag![/center]
I'd be up for nation or character-based RP. The best ones come from a core idea.

At the minute I'm thinking about a RP based around an 'Axis' of some sorts, a group of rogue states that the community must respond to.

Also, Iyadara's policy would most definitely lean towards either a 'non-aligned' political umbrella or some kind of region-within-region alliance. Some thing like the Coalition of the Southern Ocean.

I don't usually take part in RP but if it is a character RP, then I'm game.

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
Alliances and IOs should probably develop organically. Smile 

I'm wondering if we're going to have just one roleplay universe -- where everything is canon. Back when I used to do text-based roleplaying, that was the kind of stuff I was into. We had an entire universe -- from pantheons and creation stories, to massive empires and small backwoods, to over-arching plots and individual stories. But they all affected one another.

In one of the courses I took, we did a diplomatic simulation at the end, and I think that might be a good model to work on. Basically, the professor gave an outline of the world as it was, setting up rivalries, partnerships, economics, etc. Then the class was free to do whatever it wanted, with him providing newspaper-like updates at the start of each session. This would require a DM-like position, and all of us would have to agree to accept where we are in the world at the beginning. Or, at the very least, some people will have to agree to be at the bottom of the totem pole.

Just something to think about. Smile

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I like the idea of corrdinating a little our histories and factbooks. 

As for active RP, I like the ideas of good vs rogue nations. Of course I'll be in the latter group ;-)

Check my nations factbooks:

The Voodoo People's Republic of Bruuma: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=bruuma/detail=factbook 

The Protectorate of Puerto Pollo: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=puerto_pollo/detail=factbook 
The Arbiter would love to lead a small division of rouge nations, but It would be awesome if there was more than two alliances. Some sort of neutral, yet corrupt group would be lovely. I once played star wars risk where it was the empire (who had to kill all of the rebels), the rebellion (who had to find and kill the emperor), and the huts (who had to control 10 specific planets scattered throughout the system). The huts lied, and made alliances, and helped both sides, only to stab them in the back and win.

​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

Hope there will be no surprise invasions or SP-world wars in RP :panic: 

Just think of the poor werebears trapped in burning forests! Sad

I think the logical thing to do would be to determine certain pre-conditions required for RP's to be 'cannon' such as tech level, passage of time, etc. A DM/GM to act as arbiter would probably be required.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Hopefully I'll be able to integrate the map into my Twitter discussions with Awesomiasa! Tongue

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
A natural disaster RP perhaps? Tsunami? Volcanic Eruption? Earthquakes? Hurricanes? But first we must have someone who will volunteer to be destroyed. Tongue

Also, if anyone wants to do a character RP, I have a few ideas swirling in my head. Big Grin
Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
B&N, I will follow your RPs since I've seen how awesome and detailed you are.  And I know you would be an awesome DM\Mod as well.  Let me know any way I can help.

I can volunteer to be hit by one or more natural disasters?  *Escadians sigh*

Maybe a list or poll of the RP types (world, theme, etc.) and we can take a vote (I love love the poll feature !).

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

The Fatherland is notorious for both funding and organizing criminal activities with the expectation of profit or to secure profit - the colony in TSP was formed particularly for an advanced air-base to act as a secondary aerospace monitoring station for the Fatherland's involvement in a foreign space program, and as a hub for criminal activities both on the open seas and in general within the region.

McMasterdonia: [background=rgb(221,221,221)]*coughs meaningfully*[/background]
My principal interest in terms of RP will be matters relating to the projection of naval power, in particular the navigation and control of straits and other strategic positions. The first thing on my to do list is establishing a straits convention for the eastern continents.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I second the idea of alliances. It may be a totally new idea, but what about a bunny Based war? This would be something different...
His most eminent eminence the eminent Emperor of [nation]Tobalien[/Nation].
My ideas for a character RP involves things like:

1. a mystery murder whodunnit that involves multiple countries and jurisdictions (and fugitives, maybe)

2. a plane crash involving people of different nationalities, surviving on some TSP island, waiting to be rescued (if at all)

3. a diplomatic gala/event wherein ambassadors of different nations get to attend

For nation-related RPs:

1. a natural disaster striking several nations (you may look at the tectonic map to see what natural hazards are there... for example, the west coast of the western continent and the east coast of the eastern continents are prone to tsunamis... yep, a tsunami near tsunamy is possible. Tongue then there are earthquakes and volcanoes)

2. a biological disaster, such as an pandemic (natural or otherwise), but we can't all be like Madagascar and SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING! Wink

3. an international terrorist group with weird objectives trying to bring down TSP nations.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
To decide what we shall RP, we should RP some sort of summit, where ambassadors (or dictators) will discuss the future.
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

I had another idea, based on a discussion in the WA forum.

How about creating a "South Pacific Heritage List"? It would be similar to the RL UNESCO's World Heritage List, and we could list various natural and artificial cultural sites in our nations - biggest mountains, ancient monuments, famous art galleries, feats of engineering, natural beauty spots, and so forth.

I think it could be fun, but also fairly undemanding to those new to roleplaying.

Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

What would you guys think about having a GM/DM for each one? Or a few per? I have a lot of tabletop RP experience (both as a player and GM), and would take charge of one quite happily. Might be a means to getting more threads running at once.

Quote:My ideas for a character RP involves things like:

1. a mystery murder whodunnit that involves multiple countries and jurisdictions (and fugitives, maybe)

2. a plane crash involving people of different nationalities, surviving on some TSP island, waiting to be rescued (if at all)

3. a diplomatic gala/event wherein ambassadors of different nations get to attend

For nation-related RPs:

1. a natural disaster striking several nations (you may look at the tectonic map to see what natural hazards are there... for example, the west coast of the western continent and the east coast of the eastern continents are prone to tsunamis... yep, a tsunami near tsunamy is possible. Tongue then there are earthquakes and volcanoes)

2. a biological disaster, such as an pandemic (natural or otherwise), but we can't all be like Madagascar and SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING! Wink

3. an international terrorist group with weird objectives trying to bring down TSP nations.

Love number 3, right at the bottom...I have ideas already!! I had a similar idea revolving around merc/ex-military folk of various nations running criminal interests...could say more but mwhahaha! Would be both char and nation, at least in theory Big Grin

I was tossing around some ideas yesterday in IRC. Here's one idea:

In a twist of events a terrorist organization takes control of Government Island and holds the TSP government hostage. One advantage to this plot is it allows a compromise that keeps everyone happy; a character-oriented RP dealing with the hostages trapped inside, and a nation-oriented on focusing on attempts to liberate them.

I also suggested using this plot to establish some sort of terrorist organization that can act as a recurring villain wwitin TSP continuity. For usability I suggest it not be tied to any specific nation or user, but would have some form of continuity.

Taking an idea from Belschaft, I'm hoping to establish a convention for the sea which Farengeto borders (Residents of the area: we need a name for it.), covering topics like shipping, the environment, and potentially as far as things like defensive agreements. While I was on it, I even thought we could take that sort of thing 1 step further and form a sub-regional assembly. Optional membership, of course. I threw around several ideas for how big such a thing could be, ranging from the sea area, to an area the size of the EU, to possibly the entire Western Continent. It's size would of course be limited by who's interested, but it's an idea we could work with.
Farengeto, I really like this idea and what we discussed in IRC.

Do you want to write a scenario document\description now and then a signups list?

I'd love to join the character RP portion of this (leaders are held hostage).

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific