Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QD Apps
1. Have you previously held the position of administrator on a web forum? If so, when, how long, and for what software? Yes. Too many to list, from Lotus notes and Websphere to IPBoard.

2. Do you have knowledge of programming languages? From Assembler (PC and mainframe) C++, VB (anything Visual Studio), .Net, Java, HTML

3. Do you have experience with HTML, CSS, and or JavaScript?
All of the above

4. Do you have knowledge of IP addresses?
Extensive. 

5. Have you ever been a moderator on our forum or another NS forum? If so, have you had to moderate a difficult situation and what was the outcome?
Many. Ran a Forum/IRC chat room for people with Mulltiple Sclerosis. Was handed the forum/chat room when the founder became too sick to continue. There was a major battle because some members had eye issues and flashy irc popups and animated gifs caused issues with their health and people not so sick that wanted to play. Ended up creating a second IRC room called #Funchat where people could play and #Friends where colors where prohibited. Set up maskings/options in the forum so users could eliminate graphics. Many many "But I desreve more permissions than him/her battles then I care to name.  Issues always resolved by me taking the heat with "I'm sorry but that's just the way it is..."

6. What is the most important part of being an administrator on a forum?
Maintaining the integrity of the forum. Period. You can't have the appearance of favoritism or partiality and you must be perceived as being available at all times.

7. Will you have a considerable amount of time to dedicate to administrative duties if selected? When are you most free? 
I'm currently "retired" and doing independent work from home and I'm on the net most of the day/7 days a week. 
Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]