Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPINN: Eyes on the Electorate
Indeed we will. Sounds fun and overwhelming at the same time. Smile

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
[Image: 1vH5f0X.png]

SPINN Election Projections

Election Headquarters - Downtown South Pacific...

The race for the next Cabinet of the South Pacific will be officially over at 12pm EDT on December 10, 2013.  SPINN is now prepared to project the winners of each of the 8 races.

In the Delegate and Vice Delegate election Escade and Kringalia ran unopposed and will win in a landslide victory.  They are expected maintain current voting percentage and receive almost 95% of the vote.  They are currently just below the 95% threshold with a 32 votes being cast for them.  Two nations selected to re-open nominations in this election.

In the race for Chair of the Assembly Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes) is now projected to be elected for a second term.  This particular race has been puzzling for some citizens who believed he would win in a landslide victory as the only candidate.  The vote currently stands at 19 votes for Sandaoguo with 12 citizens selecting to re-open nominations.  SPINN had previously stated he was perceived to make the Chair more political than normal in his first term.

What was expected to be an extremely close contest for Minister of Foreign Affairs has turned out to be one of the least competitive races in the election.  TSP heavyweights HEM and Hileville were facing off against each other with United Solar Republics as a third option.  Hileville is projected to win the election with over 75% of the electorate voting for him over the competitors.  HEM and United Solar Republics have already delivered a concession speech.  Hileville could not be reached for comment.

Southern Bellz will be elected to a full term as Minister of the Army.  Southern Bellz was elected to fill the remainder of Drugged Monkeys term in a special election held at the end of October.  Under Southern Bellz the New Southern Army has seen a rise in activity conducting two successful operations.  Southern Bellz currently holds 91% of the vote with 31 total votes at the time of writing.  Two citizens selected to re-open nominations and one abstained.

SPINN Associate Editor-in-Chief Awe is now projected to win the race for Minister of Regional Affairs.  Awe received 28 votes at the time this article was written with his competitor Farengeto getting three votes and re-open nominations being selected once.  Awe will have big shoes to fill as his predecessor revolutionized the office.

QuietDad will be elected to his first full term as Chief Justice after being appointed in November to fill the remainder of Southern Bellz term.  QuietDad was previously projected to win a second term by SPINN.  Arbiter08 received one vote with re-open nominations getting 2 selections and QuietDad with 29 at the writing of this article.  The future of the Chief Justice position isn't clear as Judicial Reform has been extensively debated in the Assembly.  A panel of three elected Justices is expected to be implemented in the coming term.

Rebs (Rebel-topia) is expected to be re-elected Crazies MoFO in TSP (previously Craziest Person in TSP).  This race as usual was interesting to say the least with four candidates and loads of craziness.  Rebs is projected to beat out Unibot, Belschaft, and Meow Zedong (TheGrimReaper).

This is the first time in recent years where a majority of elected Cabinet members joined the region in the same year as being elected.  Escade, Kringalia, Awe, and Sandaoguo all joined the South Pacific in 2013.  QuietDad while not a Cabinet member also became politically active in the South Pacific this year.  The future's looking bright for the South Pacific and SPINN expects a great term for this Cabinet.

All polling numbers are made up of publicly available votes.  Any private votes cast were not counted or made available to SPINN during the writing of this article.

I still don't know how I made the position of Chair more political than before.  <_< Belschaft believes the Chair could steam-roll anything through, but I'm the one who made it too political. Is it seriously just because I honestly stated my opinions on imperialism and independence, and said I'd do everything within my (limited) power to make sure the region doesn't go raider? If SPINN is going to keep using this meme, they need to back it up with clear examples of me using the position for political ends!

Anyways, this election went pretty smoothly and was surprisingly uneventful. I'm very excited to see how having new faces at the top of the ladder will change things!

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

When writing the first article (I believe it was used in the Assembly review peace first) we spoke to several members of the region including most of the SPINN staff about what they thought of your term. One of the common statements were that the office under you as become more political. This really isn't meant in a bad way and the feeling I got when speaking with people in the region wasn't negative at all. I am quite surprised with the current vote count in your race. I expected you to win with a landslide victory.

I would have to search through IRC logs and pm's to get some of the examples that were given during the writing of that article. I remember the quote of you saying that you would do everything to hold up legislation that would make TSP raider was one of them. I seem to also remember some of the posts that were made here on these forums being referenced but can't remember the exact ones. I will not give who was spoken to during the article without getting their permission first. I did write both of the articles in which referred to the job becoming more political. Again this in my opinion hasn't been a bad thing. It is just different from the philosophy that has existed in the region for some time.