Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land Rush Date !?!
Hello all!

Our tentative land rush claims date was set to be Monday, November 18.

However, we are now considering changing the date to a time period between Saturday, November 16 and Sunday, November 17. What do ya'll think?

The time will be random but B&N will post on the RMB. That will make it a little more exciting and also fair for people on different time zones.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I was going to suggest that users can bid on lots based on the tsb$economy, but that would be difficult to implement. I have no preference to when.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
I love it. If people are aren't active they don't get the spots they want. :thumb:

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Quote:If people are active they don't get the spots they want. :thumb:
:blink: Really.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tsunamy" data-cid="108085" data-time="1384377608">
<div>
If people are active they don't get the spots they want. :thumb:
:blink: Really.

</div>
</blockquote>

*aren't.  Thanks DoS
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

If TSP wishes to change the date, that's cool.  I already have a few claims sorted out that I am interested in having.   I think it is better if citizens go into this with an open mind about claims and not get their hearts set on one specific location.  TSP has a lot of people to accommodate and I'm certain that we're going to get some landmass we'll like regardless.

[center][Image: PsIIP8Z.jpg][/center]

[center]Surfer's Paradise[/center]
[center]Where the surf's always up, the wahine are beautiful, and the brahs got swag![/center]
Whatever works for you guys.  I'm not too picky on what I get.

The original time it was stated as happening was fine for most of the world, looking at the time zones. Keep it as it was, it means it will be utterly random as to who gets what first. Plus, some of us aren't on over weekends or have to make do with the mobile site.

Edit: well, random for most, except those who know when it will hit.

Well, some people TGed me asking if the date can be moved because they are going to be at school on that date/time. I settled on the original date because I thought I will be unavailable this coming weekend (but now I am available!).

My favored time really is on the weekend, but on an announced date or time. I dislike randomness, and it kinda defeats the purpose of giving everyone a chance/opportunity to be on equal footing come land rush time. Smile I'd like to ask whether people will like it to be on the Saturday or on the Sunday.
Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
If it's going to be the weekend, make it the Sunday.

I love randomness but that may be because I'm still debating the land I'd like to claim so.... Tongue

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Quote:If it's going to be the weekend, make it the Sunday.
I second the notion. Cause I already have a plot that I've been looking at!  Big Grin
I want a weekend. It is most convenient.

In response to public demand, map claiming will start
on Sunday, <b>17 November 2013, 7 PM UTC +8 (11 AM GMT, 6 AM EST)</b>
. Smile

Your going to make me think about setting a 6am alarm on a sunday? lol.

Actually i'll probably up and I really don't care where my country lies. It's a friggn game map for God's sake..

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
I have to wake up early!?   :o

Who am I kidding, I'll probably be awake anyways.

I live in a weird time zone, a semi-Aussie time zone. :/

Quote:I live in a weird time zone, a semi-Aussie time zone. :/
I live in his time zone too Tongue

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

If anyone is absolutely freaking out about the claims please make friends with TSPer in a different time zone and authorize them (in a post in this discussion) to make a claim for you.  

I will wake up early at 6:30AM tomorrow to see what happens (although I won't make a land claim until I see who my neighbors are and stop waffling over whether my nation remains an island type or turns into a cool mountainous region Tongue  ).  

If anyone is freaking out, authorize me and send me a link to a post where all I have to do is copy and paste.

I love this new time because we Americans are over privileged and sometimes other people should get a sweet deal Big Grin

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Well it's the simple fact that the majority of users of these online communities are located in the American and European timezones (especially UK ones), a result of them containing many of the world's English-speaking population in developed countries. (I don't mean any offence to residents of other countries)

Quote:If anyone is absolutely freaking out about the claims please make friends with TSPer in a different time zone and authorize them (in a post in this discussion) to make a claim for you.  

I will wake up early at 6:30AM tomorrow to see what happens (although I won't make a land claim until I see who my neighbors are and stop waffling over whether my nation remains an island type or turns into a cool mountainous region Tongue  ).  

If anyone is freaking out, authorize me and send me a link to a post where all I have to do is copy and paste.

I love this new time because we Americans are over privileged and sometimes other people should get a sweet deal Big Grin

Some of we Americans will be up and about at the start.  In particular, persons like me who work the overnight shift at their job.  This shall be a great thing to come home to.
[center][Image: PsIIP8Z.jpg][/center]

[center]Surfer's Paradise[/center]
[center]Where the surf's always up, the wahine are beautiful, and the brahs got swag![/center]
Map claims are officially open. On other news, we are still lacking names for the continents... Wink