Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Discussion
Discussion about the new map goes here. Comments, suggestions, and thoughts are welcome! Smile

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
AMAZING!!!

Holy mother of god.

Did I ever mention that the primary reason I asked B&N to be a VD back in 2011 was that I recognized his name from some epic cartography in II?

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
How complicated can our claims get B&N? Belschaft, for example, has a rather complicated structure of Federal States, Self Governing Cantons, Federal Territories, Federally Administered Territories and Federally Dependent Territories. Representing that on the map would be a pain in the arse, so how should I lay out my claim; one big claim as 'Belschaft' or several smaller ones?

Ignore that, I'll just simplify stuff a bit.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Quote:How complicated can our claims get B&N? Belschaft, for example, has a rather complicated structure of Federal States, Self Governing Cantons, Federal Territories, Federally Administered Territories and Federally Dependent Territories. Representing that on the map would be a pain in the arse, so how should I lay out my claim; one big claim as 'Belschaft' or several smaller ones?
One big claim as 'Belschaft' would be more appropriate, because of the limited slots available.

I can add your cities and natural features, but unfortunately sub-national boundaries could not be put into the map due to technical reasons. Perhaps one day I will set up a map-making tutorial for making national maps based on the TSP map.

Many of the plots are large by themselves. For example, plot #076, which looks like a medium-sized chunk of land, is actually roughly the size of Italy. Large plots, such as #025 and #153, are roughly the sizes of Papua New Guinea and Japan, respectively.
*nods*

I'll PM you in a bit to check you're ok with the extent of my intended claims.

This is simply AMAZING B&N! Escade had told me several times that you were working on a map, but I had no idea it was this sophisticated! This might be the first regional map the actually interests me. Tongue
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Great map! We will be the envy of Nation States!

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
That's a great looking map.

It was well worth the wait, it's stunningly beautiful!

I LOVE IT!!

I'm thinking about the area to claim for Escade. While I originally envisioned the nation as a few islands that were grouped together, the map makes me reconsider Smile

I'm bad at inventing names\titles but here are some from mythology, etc. that I like:

Rainbow Islands (this is on the map and I like it)

Arden (North. South, East or West)

Arcadia

Atlantis

Palindromas

Kimera

Fiora

Zeugma

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Holy mother of Saint Kitten :panic:  Awesome map B&N!  Big Grin

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
One of the other regions had a map (not nearly as pretty and extensive as this great map) where they set a rule where you got one region for your first 10 million citizens and could add another region for every 5 million citizens after. So you had 1 region until your population hit 14,999,999 and at 15 million you got 2, 20 million three and so on. You could the look at the map and quickly determine new nations and seasoned ones. Just an idea. That region was not anywhere near the size of this one and space on the map might be an issue. Just tossing out an idea..
Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
It's pretty

Ambassador, TSP/ Ambassador's general, The Genesis Corporation/ Former Minister of Defense, Communist International League/ Time Traveler :3
Some names I thought about for the continents: Fudgia, Christia, Mattlandis, Nord and Bellzur. Names are based on TSPers as you see  Tongue
[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
It is a map I am willing to participate. The landmass is well defined and visually exciting.

How about issue associated continent names like: bigitopia, maxitopia, liliputia to name a few.

Awesome map!!!!
I am a devout Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!

Political compass:

Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 0.0
Economic left/right: -3.25

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

[Image: BNN_zps2f807b8b.png]

Honestly, I have no idea what else to say!
As a former II roleplayer, I've got to admit this is one amazing map.

Excellent job! The Republic of Farengeto will be making a claim.

I'll be storing my application here for the moment, for comments and collaboration, especially since there's a few territories between by requested location and the ocean. If noone claims the other slots within that sea I may request adding a second territory to mine. I think it's a safe bet we won't use all 200+ slots.

Nation in the South Pacific: Farengeto
Nation name: Farengeto
Desired Plot: 99
Capital: Farengeto City ( with Farengeto Station in geosynchronous orbit above)
Location of Capital: Roughly around the equator and mouth of the northern river.
Customization: 

City along upper river towards mountains named Gritlis

City in lower set of rivers named Stinoes

City on western coast named Kylon

Highest peak is mostly in #107, so I'll let its owner choose.

Upper river is named Faspon River and its ends in Kallion Bay.

Lower river is named Farnella River, with a city named Vulcer at its mouth

Can we start claims on map plots on this thread? I would express to have one too! Confusedhay:

I like the idea of 'Belslandia' for one of 'em.

Also, I claim that entire continent.

This is a really wonderful map effort, B&N, and I think the biome map could also help some roleplay opportunities. Well done on all this work!

Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

It really is a great map. It would also be interesting if there were some small islands labelled as unexplored or dangerous territories. That would give interesting RP opportunities.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Thanks everyone for the nice words! Smile

Quote:One of the other regions had a map (not nearly as pretty and extensive as this great map) where they set a rule where you got one region for your first 10 million citizens and could add another region for every 5 million citizens after. So you had 1 region until your population hit 14,999,999 and at 15 million you got 2, 20 million three and so on. You could the look at the map and quickly determine new nations and seasoned ones. Just an idea. That region was not anywhere near the size of this one and space on the map might be an issue. Just tossing out an idea..
Thanks for the suggestion! Smile

I think I have (nearly) participated in one of those regions back then when I was young (NS-wise), but it their map policy made me feel discriminated against because I was new. And then it gave the oldies permanent advantage over young ones, because they'll always be larger than me. Tongue Some also require activity levels, minimum number of posts, but I thought it doesn't fit with TSP's über-welcoming attitude. So I settled on a one-nation-one-plot policy, with no other requirements other than having the nation in the South Pacific. Kinda like the membership in the Assembly. Big Grin

Also, I am using the simplest kind of program that can be used for editing the map, so it is technically not possible to merge plots. If people want to have extra plots, they'll have to apply for it using another TSP nation (puppet). The map will be treating it as two different countries, but you can RP/develop it as a single nation.

Quote:Can we start claims on map plots on this thread? I would express to have one too! Confusedhay:
Unfortunately, not yet. Claims will be opened on the announced time so that everyone will get an equal opportunity to get what they want. Smile A tip: compose your application on a text editing program so you can quickly post it when the application thread opens. Wink

Also, we need names for the continents too! Smile

Quote:I like the idea of 'Belslandia' for one of 'em.

Also, I claim that entire continent.
Of course, we will name the continent bearing plots #230-#278 on the main map as Belslandia. Just for you. Wink

What an awesome bit of work! Be really proud!

The Commonwealth of Iyadara will make a claim - gonna store mine here too, I wrote it down but will probably lose it over the week Smile could change if someone really wants 042 as well...

Nation in the South Pacific: Iyadara

Nation Name: Iyadara

Desired Plot: 042

Capital: Sokolova

Location of Capital: Mouth of the central river

Customisation: City at the junction of the central river tributaries named Penang

City within the shelter of the hills on the northern coast named Vesper

City at the mouth of the southern river named Matsya

City in the third bay along below Matsya named Vitetsk

City at the extreme northern tip of the country named New Krakow

City in the north-western mountains named Aloca

Northern river is named Arisin, central river is named Leng (tributaries are Omsri and Arjuna if required), southern river is named Anki.

Sorry B & N, your post wasn't there when I posted above! Its all hypothetical anyway, I'm sure I'll lose mine as I just jotted it down on a post-it (while working, of course)...