Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map of the South Pacific
Nation in the South Pacific*: Awesomiasa
Nation name*: Awesomiasa
Desired Plot*: 029
Capital*: Aldeveis
Location of Capital*: On the small island just below the polar region.
Customization: (name of islands, left to right) Concelho, Brooketon, Frobisher Bay

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Nation in the South Pacific: Farengeto
Nation name: Farengeto
Desired Plot: 099
Capital: Farengeto City ( with Farengeto Station in geosynchronous orbit above)
Location of Capital: Roughly around the equator and mouth of the northern river.
Customization: 
City along upper river towards mountains named Gritlis
City in lower set of rivers named Stinoes
City on western coast named Kylon
Highest peak is mostly in #107, so I'll let its owner choose.
Upper river is named Faspon River and its ends in Kallion Bay.
Lower river is named Farnella River, with a city named Vulcer at its mouth
Nation in the South Pacific: Kringalia
Nation name: Republic of Kringalia
Desired Plot: 55
Capital: North
Location of Capital: divide by three the distance between the 55 and the coast. North should be two thirds away from the 55 and one third shy of the coast, and it is crossed by the river
Customization:

Cities:

Crown Summits - between the light and dark green areas, at the middle between the river and the border with 65

Dostaner - at the centre of the area between the river and the borders with 54 and 56

Ellison - in the area near the triple border between 55, 54 and 56

South Sea - in the coast that has a half-circled shape near the border with 65

Features:

Mt. Kringle - 2074 m of height, shared mountain region

Mt. Gisten - 1248 m of height, shared mountain region

Mt. Strant - 948 m of height, shared mountain region

Elven River - the river

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Nation in the South Pacific*: New Nyarlathoteop
Nation name*: New Nyarlathoteop
Desired Plot*: 040
Capital*: Saturday
Location of Capital*: center (apprx 41 degrees south x 16 degrees west)
Customization:

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Cities:

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Serious Isle

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">L'Wha Isle

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">New KMT

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Hades

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Rah

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">House of Ptah

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Osian

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Upper Thoth

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;"> 

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Features:

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">highest point: Mnt Apu

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">river: Sebeck 

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">underwater city state: Agwe

<p style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;"> 

Exciting! I still can't choose!

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Nation in the South Pacific*: Panora

Nation name*: Panora

Desired Plot*: 221

Capital*: Panora City

Location of Capital*: on the coast

Customization: http://imgur.com/ErbZxfU

Not everything in the pic may be able to be done, and thats fine
Surprise, surprise, I have actually started mapping the claims in this thread. I'll be putting it up once the Americans have posted their claims. I do have some questions regarding several claims:

@ TGR:

The trio of islands lie to the west, and the single islet lies to the east. Also, would you want me to use the ü for the German-y names? Smile

@ Patagonya:

I knew you'd select the tip of that continent. Smile #42 and #43 are modeled after the real-life Patagonia, with #42 like Chile, and #43 like Argentina. The white thing shared with #042 is not actually a lake, it's a glacier. So Tenochtitlan is actually on the mountaintop, at the edge of the glacier at 4800 meters (16000 feet) elevation. Also, there are 12 rivers within your claim, from North to South, so I'm not sure which ones you want to be named, or would you want to name them all? Wink

Also, you might want to talk with Jared Howell/Iyadara (#043) with regards to name of the mountain (your Mt. Vulcan) and the mountain range you share. Smile

@Awesomiasa

Your claim actually includes 5 islands... which ones would be named? I temporarily put your capital on the southernmost islet. Smile

@Kringalia

Your claim is mostly flat land, there are almost no mountains within it (see elevation legend), the only mountains it has are shared with #065 and #056.

@New Nyarlathoteop/RebelBaron666

Do you want to specify locations for your cities, or would you want me to plop them randomly on your claim? Smile

@Panora

Everything in your drawing has been included, except for the river. There is actually no river within #221, and most of it is actually arid/semiarid land.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
Quote:Exciting! I still can't choose!
Pick a plot on the Antarctic Plate so we can RP the Antarctic Council! Tongue *bounce*

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Quote: 

@Kringalia

Your claim is mostly flat land, there are almost no mountains within it (see elevation legend), the only mountains it have are shared with #065 and #056.

If knew something was missing! Then, it you could put at least Mt. Kringle or Mt. Gisten (you pick) in the shared area then that would be great.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Brutland and Norden" data-cid="108329" data-time="1384708014">
<div>

@Kringalia

Your claim is mostly flat land, there are almost no mountains within it (see elevation legend), the only mountains it have are shared with #065 and #056.

If knew something was missing! Then, it you could put at least Mt. Kringle or Mt. Gisten (you pick) in the shared area then that would be great.

</div>
</blockquote>
Well, you can still change plots if you like. Tongue
I'm an American and I was the first to make a claim in this thread Tongue

[center][Image: PsIIP8Z.jpg][/center]

[center]Surfer's Paradise[/center]
[center]Where the surf's always up, the wahine are beautiful, and the brahs got swag![/center]
Quote:I'm an American and I was the first to make a claim in this thread Tongue

There's the American work ethic!

I stayed up until 4:15am but then I couldn't stay awake any longer.  I also am trying to imagine where my nation would be happy. Probably a temperate and warm\cool climate Tongue Lots of rain would be good too. And the Mediterranean has a pretty color Tongue

I do have some questions since calculations are difficult for me:

For plot points like 119-138, what is the amount of land there is? Could those plot points sustain a nation with 1 billion plus population and seven cities?

B&N, I also thought of compiling a list of the nations and their claims (maybe put it somewhere near the top of the first page?) so we could see what had been claimed and by whom.

This is what I compiled!

Map Plots Claimed
003 - Vaterssuedpazifik
004 - QuietDad
005 - Volcenda
029 - Awesomiasa 
034 - Escade
037 - Ortegga
038 - Ireton
040 - New Nyarlathoteop
042 - Iyadara
043 - Patagonya
055 - Republic of Kringalia
062 - Novus Niciae
064 - Karbala
076 - Sierra Lobo
078 - SketchyGround
083 - United Communist Solar Republic
099 - Farengeto 
102 - Letoilenoir
107 & 109 (?) - FDR Bundesdeutschland
112 - Wulinia
126 - United Ecosystems
140 - Tsunamy
150 - Sanden
153 - Surfer's Paradise
154 - Tsrill
186 - The Dragons Islands
190 - Lambert
192 - Sherlockopia
199 - Bikethage
208 - Cromwell
221 - Panora

<div> 
</div>

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kris Kringle" data-cid="108331" data-time="1384708436">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Brutland and Norden" data-cid="108329" data-time="1384708014">
<div>

@Kringalia

</div>
</blockquote>
Well, you can still change plots if you like. Tongue

</div>
</blockquote>

Nah don't worry. I really do like the plot itself, so the mountains aren't that important TBH. Smile
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Quote: 

For plot points like 119-138, what is the amount of land there is? Could those plot points sustain a nation with 1 billion plus population and seven cities?

B&N, I also thought of compiling a list of the nations and their claims (maybe put it somewhere near the top of the first page?) so we could see what had been claimed and by whom.
If you're going to be realistic about it, no, not really - but that only applies if you strictly adhere to a Modern Tech-Realist RP mode (which Brutland and Norden does, by the way). I'll try to explain that some time later in the RP Uni, when I've got time to do write-ups.

119-138 are like the small Caribbean islands, ranging from plot #133's 880 square kilometers (similar to the Isle of Mull), to plot #126's 22,592 square kilometers (similar to the island of Sardinia, or to the land area of Belize).

The plots claimed will be listed under the Directory, which will be updated concurrent with the map. Hence the claimed plots are not appearing in it - yet Wink

Nation in the South Pacific*: SketchyGround
Nation name*: SketchyGround
Desired Plot*: 078
Capital*: Watercoloured Origamis
Location of Capital*: In the green flat place, left to the tiny river that goes to southern sea (the middle one, not the one on the right)
Customization: Maybe SketchG for short if the nation name is way too long. And I'd be happy if the capital city's name was "W.C.O" instead.

Thank you, and sorry if I sound kinda noisy.

Nation in the South Pacific*: The Federal Democratic Republic of Bundesdeutschland
Nation name*: FDR Bundesdeutschland.
Desired Plot*: 107 and 109. Western Continent.
Capital*: Berlin.
Location of Capital*: Berlin is near the center of the country/ flatlands
Customization: Hamburg, Leipzig, Frankfurt, and Kiel (in that order from west to east) will be on the southern shore to the end of the peninsula. Magdeberg, Munich, and Bonn are near the northern and eastern borders, while Wittenberg and Bergen are in the west.  . 

I am a devout Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!

Political compass:

Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 0.0
Economic left/right: -3.25

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

[Image: BNN_zps2f807b8b.png]

Honestly, I have no idea what else to say!
Nation in the South Pacific: Distortilla
Nation name: Letoilenoir
Desired Plot: 102
CapitalBig Grinubhealaí
Location of Capital:At the convergence of the two rivers
Customization:TBC

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Escade" data-cid="108334" data-time="1384710102">
<div>

If you're going to be realistic about it, no, not really - but that only applies if you strictly adhere to a Modern Tech-Realist RP mode (which Brutland and Norden does, by the way). I'll try to explain that some time later in the RP Uni, when I've got time to do write-ups.

119-138 are like the small Caribbean islands, ranging from plot #133's 880 square kilometers (similar to the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Mull">Isle of Mull</a>), to plot #126's 22,592 square kilometers (similar to the island of Sardinia, or to the land area of Belize).

The plots claimed will be listed under the Directory, which will be updated concurrent with the map. Hence the claimed plots are not appearing in it - yet Wink

</div>
</blockquote>

Does that mean you know the area of all the lots already?
[center][Image: PsIIP8Z.jpg][/center]

[center]Surfer's Paradise[/center]
[center]Where the surf's always up, the wahine are beautiful, and the brahs got swag![/center]
Quote: 

Does that mean you know the area of all the lots already?

Nope, I compute when needed. Tongue
Nation in the South Pacific*: Karbala
Nation name*: Karbala
Desired Plot*: 063
Capital*: Qoms
Location of Capital*: Where the two rivers meet closest to the 30 degree line
Customization:
Please add the following if possible:

Cities:

Palestine City-Near the Eastern border by the lake

Gaza-Near the Southern tip of the border

Karbala City-Near the equator line on the river

Features:

Please name the longest river is the Tigress, the Euphrates intersects with the Tigress
the northern rivers as the Babylon River, and Sumerian that merge into the Tigress.
The little river on the Western side of the country is the Gaza River. 

Understood Brutland and Norden, Here is a set of updated customizations until Iyadara and I can decide the names of the mountains.

Nation in the South Pacific*: Patagonya

Nation name*: Patagonya

Desired Plot*: 043

Capital*: Helios

Location of Capital*: North of the fourth river from the top, by the bay.

Customization:

The names of the rivers (from North to South) are the:

Falcon River, Bay River, Río del Fuego, Río del Helado, Patagonyan Broad River, Harbor River, Río del Relámpago, Smith River, Phoenix River, Sobek River, Gemini River, Río del Sur

The rainforest is the Diana Jungle

The Barrier Islands are Aspis Isles

The light blue in the water is the Bay of Patagonya.

Major Cities:

Horus- on the 50 S line south of the Falcon River

Ft. Lacedaemon- borders the glacier

Delphi- at the convergence of the Gemini River

Punica Nueva- Center of the largest barrier island second from the top.

Tenochtitlan- at the end of the peninsula between the Phoenix and Sobek Rivers

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Communications and Integration Agency (March 8, 2014-March 20, 2014)
Quote:Surprise, surprise, I have actually started mapping the claims in this thread. I'll be putting it up once the Americans have posted their claims. I do have some questions regarding several claims:

@New Nyarlathoteop/RebelBaron666

Do you want to specify locations for your cities, or would you want me to plop them randomly on your claim? Smile

I just attached a map. thank u!!!

:thumb:

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Quote: 

I think u have some options:

option 1: plots 119-138 are volcano isles... u can go New World Order depopulation plan/Aztec on ur ppl & throw them in to the volcano

option 2: build up. layer ur city like 5th element

option 3: make some underwater cities

Big Grin
New scientific fact: zombies yell "Brains!" while TSPers yell "Land!"  Tongue

Still can't chose yet

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
Bummer, #76 is already taken Sad Ok, onward to choice #2 which would be #154

Nation in the South Pacific*: Tsrill
Nation name*: Tsrill
Desired Plot*: 154
Capital*: Tsrillion
Location of Capital*: at the mouth of the largest river (southern river)
Customization:

Please add the following:

Cities:

TÅ‚oith - on the mouth of the northern river

Tsrain - on the southern river about where the first contour line landinward is

Sroleš - on the northern river about where the first contour line landinward is

Prełorlš - inside the fork on the southern river

Features:

The bay including both ribver mouths is the Bay of Tłoith, the mountain range at the border is called the Nerr (or Nerr mountains), the sparsely populated rainforest eastward from Tsrain and Sroleš up to the base of the mountains is known as "The green sea"

Rivers: TÅ‚oinatt (north), Jilmardaid (south)

Note 1: If you are facing issues with the letters Å‚ and Å¡ you can replace them with lj and sh, respectively.

Note 2:

Tsrill on the old map looked like this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/Ts...tsrill.jpg

so I am looking for something similar. I can do without the plateau of Firgoiłe, and the minor cities can be skipped, no worries.

[Image: 1ad3869e-07b4-47f3-8bf1-247c729479d6.jpg]