Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map of the South Pacific
Any way I can get 109 also as a colony?
I am a devout Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!

Political compass:

Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 0.0
Economic left/right: -3.25

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

[Image: BNN_zps2f807b8b.png]

Honestly, I have no idea what else to say!
The same question here, willing to take 041 as a colony (important for the history of Gileon), do I have the right for it? Won,t I lose the 046 region?

Thanks in advance

Yours, vice-admiral Jeankins

P.S. sorry for my barbaric english :oscar:

Nation in the South Pacific*: Scientista
Nation name*: Scientista
Desired Plot*: 114
Capital*: Louisville
Location of Capital*: on the moutain at the center of the cross made by the island
Customization: at the end of each branch place a city. On the upper left:  Atom City; on the lower left: Biopolis; on the upper right: Molecular Hills; on the lower right: Obsidian Pike

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Nation in the South Pacific*: Gileon
Nation name*: The Armed Republic of Gileon
Desired Plot*: 041
Capital*: Gra-Ruhn
Location of Capital*: in the center of "0" in "041"
Customization:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Please add the following:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Cities:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Port Hope - at the most western coast

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Gra-Kash - at the bend of the green-dark green isohypse

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Fort Trinity - at the coordinates 44S 20W

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);"> 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Note: 041 is my second colony and 046 is the first one, if that is acceptable by the claiming rules

<sub><span> Nation in the South Pacific*: Secceded Texas
Nation name*: Secceded Texas
Desired Plot*: 046
Capital*: Nacogdoches
Location of Capital*: Where Aggie/Longhorn Rivers intersect</span></sub>

<sub><span>Customization:</span></sub>

<sub><span>Aggie River(Long northern river, left at the Y)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Longhorn River(Long Northern river, right at the Y, merges into aggie river)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Galveston Bay</span></sub>

<sub><span>Shreveport(Port at northern end of territory)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Wayne River(Long Southern River)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Kent River(First branch off of Wayne River coming from the ocean)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Grayson River(Second Branch off of Wayne River Coming from the ocean)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Mason Plains(West of the number 046)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Dixon Swamp(East of the number 046 all the way to the ocean)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Crowe Space Center(Middle of Mason Plains)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Raider Point(on the coast above aggie river where the land goes far into the bay)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Hero Plains(south of Wayne River)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Watch Tower(middle of HeroPlains)</span></sub>

<sub><span>Lumberjack Forest(above Aggie River)</span></sub>

Quote:Map is updated up to post #59! Smile

@ Tsrill

The Nerr Mountains are shared with the Stoned Surfers/Surfer's Paradise, but I temporarily put up the name there ~ you might want to talk with him if he has objections with the name. Smile

There is still space to put some city names, you can have them added if you like. Wink

First off, amazing job on the map.  I noticed I have room for one or two more cities on my map, so I may reserve the option to add those later on.  Secondly, is there a base map without the physical geography?  I'm trying to get the square kilometers of plot 153 and setting up a political map for my factbook.

As far as the Nerr Mountains are concerned, it appears that Tsrill isn't using English as its national language (unless they're just being really mean to their people by using difficult-to-pronounce names).  So, it pops in my mind that Nerr is the Tsrillian word for the mountains while we probably call them something else in English.  That being said, while I'm not one way or the other over the actual name, Nerr, I think it can be kept because we can work that into the language and probably come up with something cool regarding urban legend stories about the mountains.  Nerr works for spooky stories, in my honest opinion.

[center][Image: PsIIP8Z.jpg][/center]

[center]Surfer's Paradise[/center]
[center]Where the surf's always up, the wahine are beautiful, and the brahs got swag![/center]
Quote:<sub> Nation in the South Pacific*: Secceded Texas
Desired Plot*: 046</sub>

@Secceded Texas

I am truly sorry to inform, but the spot 046 is already taken. Feel free to apply for 044 instead Smile
[

b]

Nation
 in
 the South
 Pacific
[/
b]: Copernecium

[
b]
Nation
 name[/
b]: Copernecium

[
b]
Desired
 Plot
[/
b]:
[
b]
Capital
[/
b]: Kepler

[
b]
[/
b]: On river mouth on west coast which is called Hyutaki Bay

[
b]
Customization
[/
b]: 

River flowing to Kepler from the SE called River Hydra (may not be possible to plot)

Mountain area in the north called Stapes Range with highest trig point at 2649 m

Mountain area in the south called Gog Magog Hills with highest trig point at 3173 m

Most southern point of region called Cape Wrath

River flowing SE/S from Stapes Range called River (may not be possible to plot)

City at mouth of River as it enters the ocean estuary called Buxton

Also, as an extra customization to my country, the river in the center should be named the Rhine. 

I am a devout Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!

Political compass:

Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 0.0
Economic left/right: -3.25

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

[Image: BNN_zps2f807b8b.png]

Honestly, I have no idea what else to say!
Nation in the South Pacific*: Secceded Texas
Desired Plot*: 044
Capital*: Nacogdoches

Location of Capital*: On coast above New Krakow
Customization:

Wayne River(east/west river)

Aggie River (north/south river)

Raider Jungle(surrounding aggie river)

Kent(major city 50 degrees south, 30 degrees west)

Robin Swamp(south of wayne river until border)

Watch Tower(dark green space along 50 degrees south)

Walker Space Center (midway between the 2nd Four of 044 and aggie river)

Dixon Plains (northern border light green)

Hookem (rural city in raider jungle on the aggie river)

Fort Grimes(on the border of my nation section, 047, and Patagonia)

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TheStonedSurfers" data-cid="108333" data-time="1384708965">
<div>
I'm an American and I was the first to make a claim in this thread Tongue

There's the American work ethic!

I stayed up until 4:15am but then I couldn't stay awake any longer.  I also am trying to imagine where my nation would be happy. Probably a temperate and warm\cool climate Tongue Lots of rain would be good too. And the Mediterranean has a pretty color Tongue

I do have some questions since calculations are difficult for me:

For plot points like 119-138, what is the amount of land there is? Could those plot points sustain a nation with 1 billion plus population and seven cities?

B&N, I also thought of compiling a list of the nations and their claims (maybe put it somewhere near the top of the first page?) so we could see what had been claimed and by whom.

This is what I compiled!

Map Plots Claimed
003 - Vaterssuedpazifik
004 - QuietDad
005 - Volcenda
029 - Awesomiasa 
034 - Escade
037 - Ortegga
038 - Ireton
040 - New Nyarlathoteop
042 - Iyadara
043 - Patagonya
055 - Republic of Kringalia
062 - Novus Niciae
064 - Karbala
076 - Sierra Lobo
078 - SketchyGround
083 - United Communist Solar Republic
099 - Farengeto 
102 - Letoilenoir
107 & 109 (?) - FDR Bundesdeutschland
112 - Wulinia
126 - United Ecosystems
140 - Tsunamy
150 - Sanden
153 - Surfer's Paradise
154 - Tsrill
186 - The Dragons Islands
190 - Lambert
192 - Sherlockopia
199 - Bikethage
208 - Cromwell
221 - Panora

<div> 
</div>

</div>
</blockquote>
As a simulation the biggest weakness of NS is how it handles population growth.  Nothing, not even a zombie apocalypse or a 1-child law, alters the unrealistic growth of people in our nations.  So don't worry about putting hundreds of millions of people on a small island because there is nothing about your population growth that is realistic.  
Nation in The South Pacific: *: Torchwood 18
Nation name: *: Torchwood
Desired plot: *: 149
Capital: *: Halliwax
Location of capital: *: Located in the
Customization: :Map key:

Numbered locations - 1=Red River, 2=Balsar River, 3=Gold River, 4=Klondike River, 5=Cherokee River, 6=The Flame Military Installation, 7=Bacon and Eggs Research Facility, 8=New Genesis, 9=Tolken Dam, 10=Halliwax, 11=Wickmund, 12=New New Orleans, 13=Gator Marshes

Unmarked locations - Mountains running across northern border=Gallifrey Ranges, Mountains running across southern border=Atlantis Ranges, All land north of Gold River/3=Valhalla Plains, All land south of Gold River/3= Quartz Plains

[Image: TSPmap_zpsf7e8c577.jpg]

Ambassador, TSP/ Ambassador's general, The Genesis Corporation/ Former Minister of Defense, Communist International League/ Time Traveler :3
Quote:Map is updated up to post #59! Smile

@ Karbala

Are you sure you are claiming #063? It seems to me that you are describing #064, so I put you there temporarily ~ please confirm the exact plot you are claiming. Wink

Also, those white areas aren't lakes, thery're glaciers. Big Grin

@ Tsrill

The Nerr Mountains are shared with the Stoned Surfers/Surfer's Paradise, but I temporarily put up the name there ~ you might want to talk with him if he has objections with the name. Smile

There is still space to put some city names, you can have them added if you like. Wink

@ Tsunamy

Yes you may still add details later.

@ UnitedSolarRepublic

The nation name is too long, so I abbreviated it, if it's okay. Smile

@Patagonya

Some of the river names are long, so I took out the "Río de" part ~ since I don't put the "River" in the names anyway. Smile

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="108423" data-time="1384781920">
<div>
Is #190 still available?
Yes it is. Wink

</div>
</blockquote>
ok that's fine
Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Communications and Integration Agency (March 8, 2014-March 20, 2014)
Nation in the South Pacific*: Darakin

Nation name*: Darakin

Desired Plot*: 187

Capital*: Darakin Citadel

Location of Capital*: Near the river directly north of the 8 in 187

Customization: Small town called Nohl NW of the capital in the darker green area

Peak in mountainous area near beginning of river named Mt. Gabel (6,217ft)

City at the mouth of the river into the ocean named Port Tanza

City midway between 187 and SE dark green area named Kravia

River named River Darak

Town in SE dark green area named Yuno

Nation in the South Pacific*: Lord_booze
Nation name*: Ju Go Di
Desired Plot*: 177
Capital*: Fukchumang
Location of Capital*: Center of plot 177
Customization: 
I would like to change my Sherlockopia's Mt. Hudson's elevation to 3778m  if possible. Also maybe bay of Reichen as well.

I only now realized 187 was claimed before me.  I'd like to change to 157

Nation in the South Pacific : Darakin

Nation name : Darakin

Desired Plot : 157

Capital : Darakin Citadel

Location of Capital : At the fork in the river

Customization :

Please add the following if possible:

Cities -

Small town called Nohl W of the capital (between two river branches 3/4 of the way to the border)

<span>City at the mouth of the river into the ocean named Port Tanza</span>

<span>City just west of the 1 in 157 named Kravia </span>

<span><span>Town in SE foothills named Yuno</span></span>

<span><span>Features-</span></span>

Peak in mountainous area near South of Capital named Mt. Gabel (6,217ft)River flowing to ocean named River Darak

North branch of river named Korba

South branch of river named Reym

My nation looks so nice! I love it Smile

I would love to add more city names once I redo my factbook information.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Quote:As a simulation the biggest weakness of NS is how it handles population growth.  Nothing, not even a zombie apocalypse or a 1-child law, alters the unrealistic growth of people in our nations.  So don't worry about putting hundreds of millions of people on a small island because there is nothing about your population growth that is realistic.  

That's why a lot of people have an RP population that's different from their NS population.  My eldest nation has over 10 billion.  Plenty of others in TSP have a lot more than that.

[center]Where the surf's always up, the wahine are beautiful, and the brahs got swag![/center]
Nation in the South Pacific*: The Kingdom of Naples and Sicily

Nation name*: The Kingdom of Naples and Sicily

Desired Plot*: 62
Capital*: Napule
Location of Capital*: <span>mouth of the river in the middle of the other two</span>

Customization:

Please add the following if possible:

Cities -

Castle town called Gaeta <span><span>at the northern border and facing the sea</span></span>

<span>At the southern end of the bay a big city called Paliemmu</span>

<span><span>Features-</span></span>

<span>The plain contained between the two rivers would be called "Terra Felix"</span>

<span>The island would be called "Vulcano"</span>

Nation in the South Pacific: Lands of Headington

Nation name: Lands of Headington

Desired Plot: 144

Capital: Alexandria

Location of Capital: On the coast, nearest to the river as possible

Customization: 

<b>- </b>mountains in the south: Kattar Pikes

- mountains in the north west: Underworld Gates

- river: Kalis

- other cities/towns: Centoria (south of the river, random location*), Rulid (near the mountains in the north west, random location*), Tarsis (close to Surfer's Paradise border, random location,) Ocean Dome (not really a city, but a huge research complex, located north west on the coast of the large bay near plot 145)

* That means the specific location is up to you   Tongue

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
Quote:Nation in the South Pacific: Lands of Headington

Desired Plot: 149

Location of Capital: Near the delta of the main river, on the coast

Customization: 

- mountains in the north east: Underworld Gates

- main river: Kalis

- smaller 4 rivers: (from left to right, from top to bottom) Welian, Gavos, Tardeen and Mewis 

- other cities/towns: Centoria (south of main river, random location*), Rulid (near the mountains in the north east, random location*), Tarsis (near the main river, close to plot 151), Ocean Dome (not really a city, but a huge research complex, located in one random island* at the delta)

* That means the specific location is up to you  Tongue
Plot 149 is already claimed by Torchwood.

<span>Nation in the South Pacific*:Elentia</span>

<span>Nation name*:Elentia </span>

<span>Desired Plot*: 65. If taken 68</span>

<span>Capital*:Elentia City  </span>

<span>Location of Capital*: Along the coast next to that river in plot 65 </span>

<span>Customization: None. </span>

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Loh" data-cid="108533" data-time="1384828153">
<div>
Nation in the South Pacific: Lands of Headington

Desired Plot: 149

Location of Capital: Near the delta of the main river, on the coast

Customization: 

- mountains in the north east: Underworld Gates

- main river: Kalis

- smaller 4 rivers: (from left to right, from top to bottom) Welian, Gavos, Tardeen and Mewis 

- other cities/towns: Centoria (south of main river, random location*), Rulid (near the mountains in the north east, random location*), Tarsis (near the main river, close to plot 151), Ocean Dome (not really a city, but a huge research complex, located in one random island* at the delta)

* That means the specific location is up to you  Tongue
Plot 149 is already claimed by Torchwood.

</div>
</blockquote>

Oh, my bad. Thanks for the heads up  Smile

Edited my claim
[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
Nation in the South Pacific*: Southern Bellz
Nation name*: Southern Bellz
Desired Plot*: 225
Capital*: Bear City
Location of Capital*: at the southern most tip of Southern Bellz
Customization:

Other Cities: North Port, Sea City,

Other point of interest: The Blazing Lighthouse