Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, apparently there`s a zombie apocalypse coming...?
Wtf should I do?

Should I prepare somehow?

Should I panic?

Should I stay with my parents while it`s rampaging?

Well, it only affects your nation in the game; it was similar to what happened last April as an April Fool's joke. This time, there is a forewarning, so there is time to "prepare", presumably, for the region to decide what to do when it comes: shut down borders or not, research a cure/kill zombies, or export zombies. I think it's a Halloween thing for NS. Smile

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
If only our region could actually make a plan for the apocalypse. Last time I had to move Kringalia from TSP because of the amount of zombies I was getting.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
The news on this in NS gives us the best possibility\outcome:

"
  • Cure research slowly reduces your region's infection rate, and can send it below zero, converting zombies into survivors."

If TSP can unite to research the cure we should be saved. We might have to ban or eject nations that don't research though.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Any suggestions on how we all commit to the research  plan?

Quote:Well, it only affects your nation in the game; it was similar to what happened last April as an April Fool's joke. This time, there is a forewarning, so there is time to "prepare", presumably, for the region to decide what to do when it comes: shut down borders or not, research a cure/kill zombies, or export zombies. I think it's a Halloween thing for NS. Smile
I was hopping for a short answer to questions like:

Kill yourself before it comes. 

What`s the point?

Absolutely.

Sure, might as well be turned to a zombie by relatives. 

Tongue  Tongue

Quote:If TSP can unite to research the cure we should be saved. We might have to ban or eject nations that don't research though.

That would be a purge of historic proportions. I don't even want to imagine how many positions we would fall in the population rankings for regions.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Shutting borders isn't really a option is it?

As a feeder we can't stop new nations being spawned here and any new nation is probably going to opt for the military option anyway

Based upon my experience of the April fools plague (during which I was one of the leaders in the global anti-zombie efforts) saving TSP will not be feasible. It would require a significant percentage to be curing - hard to reach with so many active or semi-active nations in TSP - whilst having few others spreading the plague or killing (one counter productive, the other just useless). Short of totalitarian purges of all non curers, there isn't any way for us to get that.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
M as telegram he region, we can at least try. It'll be fun
Bel, would it make sense for you to start sending out a daily region-wide TG asking TSP to unite and on the day of the zombie plague choose the cure?  We can make it a competition, to be the first GCR to survive the threat intact.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

I would make a lot of sense.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

A regional effort would be great. I agree we should research the cure.

Still I'm keeping my shotgun within sight.

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
At the end of the day even if we don't get the threshold of curing the disease, at least we'll have tried and it might be a fun way to increase activity with us posting on the RMB and forums about the best plans.

EDIT: I can't convert time zones properly so I'm behind *boo* but oh well, at least with the cure I can hope for some equilibriums

Dictatorship of Survivors,

In the real world if there was a zombie threat, I'd probably hole up\barricade myself and when it feels safe go search for family and friends.  

I'd probably get super strong duct tape and tape all my easily bitable areas too Tongue

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

It will be fun!

Quite hard having such a populated region, I voted for cure even though I believe that killing the threat will lead to extermination.
Ostracods everywhere!
I'll check my copy of the Zombie Survival Guide just in case! Tongue

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Quote:At the end of the day In the real world if there was a zombie threat, I'd probably hole up\barricade myself and when it feels safe go search for family and friends.  

I'd probably get super strong duct tape and tape all my easily bitable areas too Tongue

And the shotgun. Don't forget the shotgun.
[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
So ... are we even going to attempt to unite the whole region or just ditch the idea/

Hadn't we agreed that we all had to research?

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

I'm planning to make use of the WFE/Regional TG/Welcoming TG come Halloween.

Precisely how is for me to know and you to wonder Tongue

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

I think a pre Halloween telegram would do the region better.
Well, it'll come before the pandemic breaks out, though not super far in advance.

Here's the required reading from your resident IR student: amzn.to/bqtgzV

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Quote:Here's the required reading from your resident IR student: amzn.to/bqtgzV

You are an IR student?

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sandaoguo" data-cid="107190" data-time="1383067441">
<div>
Here's the required reading from your resident IR student: amzn.to/bqtgzV

You are an IR student?

</div>
</blockquote>

Yup. Smile I will be graduating with a BA this spring, and will probably be headed to grad school either the following year or after a little break.

Zombies are an interesting problem for global governance. The book pretty much explains how civilization would collapse, but perhaps not as badly as in your typical zombie apocalypse story.

I'm a fan of Israel's policy in World War Z, though. Too bad we can't password TSP! But I hear admins might be giving GCRs a similar option.
[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

You're joking! Glad to see a fellow IR student in TSP then!

I haven't yet read Theories and Zombies, but had heard of it. I do love WWZ, especially Redeker's Plan (as terrible as it might seem though).

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator