Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEBATE: Amending Article 5 of the Charter Regarding MoRA
<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Hello all,

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">hopefully we've been following the various debates going on in at least two or three forums areas about regional activity.  I've said my share on that topic and would like to now follow up on making the Ministry of Regional Affairs - a behemoth hodge podge of everything left over - into disparate agencies\organizations that are streamlined and more functional.

The larger goal is to keep MoRA from becoming overwhelmed with far too many responsibilities, the acknowledgement that this may have led to several MoRA's either disappearing or giving up or writing frustrated posts in the archives, and finally through creating more positions with less varied functions bringing some focus and new personnel into service. 

This is the article that pertains to the Ministry of Regional Affairs, as it stands now:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Section 5 - Ministry of Regional Affairs

- The Ministry of Regional Affairs will be led by the Minister of Regional Affairs.

- The Ministry is responsible for the integration of citizens into the Community.

- The Ministry is responsible for planning and carrying out Cultural Events for the region and with allied regions.

- The Ministry is responsible for promoting RMB and IRC activity and promotion of the regional forums.

- The Ministry is responsible for directing and running role play and the maintenance of the regional map.[/background]

- The Ministry is responsible for creating letters about government happenings, distributing such letters to the region ingame, and posting them on the RMB.

As iterated before, its a hodge podge of four disparate functions:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);"> 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Communications which includes or can include the following:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- creating letters about government happenings, distributing such letters to the region in-game, and posting them on the RMB 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">* I don't really like the nebulous wording of the above so to rephrase:  creating updates about TSP events including highlights from the RMB, forums, IRC chats, and government developments and distributing them weekly and monthly

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);"> 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Integration or welcoming which includes or can include the following:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- Welcoming new players on the RMB and forums (and IRC?) and acting as guide or mentor 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- Contacting previously active players and finding a way for them to be active again

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- Preparing short guides on basic aspects of gameplay for when a live person isn't available to newbies (this could be a part of Communications, perhaps it would work better there since its more static)

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Role Play Development which includes or can include the following:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- Managing and maintaining the Main Street area by accepting and encouraging applications and figuring out what other areas of interest their are

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- Commissioning and updating a roleplay map

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- Starting or moderating role plays 

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Event Planning which includes or can include the following:

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- Running contests, polls, discussions, etc. on the RMB and forums and IRC

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">- Planning cultural activities such as national TSP holidays, RMB or forum "parties" and planning both intra and inter-regional live events

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">I know one of the concerns is that splitting these agencies into four may mean that some positions are unfulfilled. However, it may also lead to more people running for certain positions because they are clear about what they will be doing and what directions they can expand in.

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Right now it seems, from discussions, that being a deputy is somewhat offensive to some players who want to jump right in and be a minister (I wonder if we should consider changing the titles of ministry\minister to something more fun and less staid old timey government).

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Finally, if we see that ministers are consistently abdicating or otherwise giving up then perhaps they are overwhelmed or otherwise human beings.

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">Anyway, right now I'd like to hear your thoughts about my proposition to amend Article 5 so that each function is a separate agency that falls under regional affairs.  

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(221,221,221);">How does that sound?

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I fully support this.

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

I support this as well.

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Call them Minister, almighty powers, demigods, whatever. They should be departments of /report to the MoRa who holds them accountable.

In going with the classified ad theme, post the jobs, the MoRa hires them and as such can fire them. Less intimidating as having to be appointed/recalled.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
Are we suggesting that the MoRA become an umbrella organization under a Czar which leads various ministerial departments? Or are we debating on streamlining the MoRA's responsibilities?

Quote:Are we suggesting that the MoRA become an umbrella organization under a Czar which leads various ministerial departments? Or are we debating on streamlining the MoRA's responsibilities?

I think the idea is for the MoRA to oversee various different initiatives. The people spearheading these wouldn't be ministers, but would have some sort of job under the MoRA. The RA equivalent to ambassadors.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Exactly, they would be Minister of Development or Minister of Communications and the MoRA would help them out or serve as guide when needed.  They probably wouldn't run for elections unless candidates are super interested in that.

It is also a way to streamline so that, let's say the person running role play drops out for a while the other functions continue to go on. 

So basically Umbrella Corporation but no T1 virus :p

Technically, a MoRA could run with candidates for each position on the ticket, I guess. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

I support this. I think its a good way to get more people involved in government.

I'd prefer the use of the term Deputy Ministers or Secretary for (Department) instead of Ministers because all these Ministers function under the MoRA portfolio.

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I'm not exactly sure what your proposing. That the MoRA have a variety of sub-departments led by their own officers? That's the situation we already have, except we can't find anyone to run the offices.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
On first sight: This looks promising, and it will help a great deal in making citizens better understand what MoRA does and how they can help. You have my full support on this, Escade.

That being said: Belschaft is right in that the main problem isn't structure as much as participation itself. Still, I think part of the solution is making the Ministry's structure clearer, so that new citizens actually understand what would they be able to do and how.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
As the RMB seems to be livening up lately. I stand behind Escade and say Just Do It! Make a statement saying "This is the way it's going to be!" and lets roll. Let the next MoRa do something else.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
I posted this on the other thread on this topic, but I think this is a great way of looking at the department. I'm not sold on it being codified and I think we should leave it up to Escade -- or whoever the MoRA is -- to structure the department as they see fit.

And yes -- activity is low -- but is clearly building. At least it certainly seems to be. I think having a job posting here -- as per QD's suggestion -- will help give newcomers a place to go and see how they can get involved.

===

-tsu

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and restructure MoRA. I think I will keep the title as Minister since it's under MoRA and of a particular area.  

I've put the roles here, while I am involved in one or more projects within each role I think I'll take over whatever is left behind (hopefully) as people apply:

http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...ministers/

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific