Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amending Article 5 of the Charter Regarding MoRA
Hello all, hopefully we've been following the various debates going on in at least two or three forums areas about regional activity.  I've said my share on that topic and would like to now follow up on making the Ministry of Regional Affairs - a behemoth hodge podge of everything left over - into disparate agencies\organizations that are streamlined and more functional.

The larger goal is to keep MoRA from becoming overwhelmed with far too many responsibilities, the acknowledgement that this may have led to several MoRA's either disappearing or giving up or writing frustrated posts in the archives, and finally through creating more positions with less varied functions bringing some focus and new personnel into service. 

This is the article that pertains to the Ministry of Regional Affairs, as it stands now:

Section 5 - Ministry of Regional Affairs
- The Ministry of Regional Affairs will be led by the Minister of Regional Affairs.

- The Ministry is responsible for the integration of citizens into the Community.

- The Ministry is responsible for planning and carrying out Cultural Events for the region and with allied regions.

- The Ministry is responsible for promoting RMB and IRC activity and promotion of the regional forums.

- The Ministry is responsible for directing and running role play and the maintenance of the regional map.[/background]

- The Ministry is responsible for creating letters about government happenings, distributing such letters to the region ingame, and posting them on the RMB.

As iterated before, its a hodge podge of four disparate functions:

Communications which 
includes or can include the following:

- creating letters about government happenings, distributing such letters to the region in-game, and posting them on the RMB 

* I don't really like the nebulous wording of the above so to rephrase:  creating updates about TSP events including highlights from the RMB, forums, IRC chats, and government developments and distributing them weekly and monthly

Integration 
or welcoming which includes or can include the following:

- Welcoming new players on the RMB and forums (and IRC?) and acting as guide or mentor 

- Contacting previously active players and finding a way for them to be active again

- Preparing short guides on basic aspects of gameplay for when a live person isn't available to newbies (this could be a part of Communications, perhaps it would work better there since its more static)

Role Play Development which includes or can include the following:

- Managing and maintaining the Main Street area by accepting and encouraging applications and figuring out what other areas of interest their are

- Commissioning and updating a roleplay map

- Starting or moderating role plays 

Event Planning which includes or can include the following:

- Running contests, polls, discussions, etc. on the RMB and forums and IRC

- Planning cultural activities such as national TSP holidays, RMB or forum "parties" and planning both intra and inter-regional live events

I know one of the concerns is that splitting these agencies into four may mean that some positions are unfulfilled. However, it may also lead to more people running for certain positions because they are clear about what they will be doing and what directions they can expand in.

Right now it seems, from discussions, that being a deputy is somewhat offensive to some players who want to jump right in and be a minister (I wonder if we should consider changing the titles of ministry\minister to something more fun and less staid old timey government).

Finally, if we see that ministers are consistently abdicating or otherwise giving up then perhaps they are overwhelmed.

Anyway, right now I'd like to hear your thoughts about my proposition to amend Article 5 so that each function is a separate agency that falls under regional affairs.  

How does that sound?

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I said this in the public thread but I'll reiterate here. I fully support this.

Actually, even if we don't get the full support of changing the charter ... I think this is really a useful way to look at RA. Es -- what are you envisioning here? One person in each role or a couple?

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Yes, I'm thinking that one person to lead and then they can recruit interested parties or ask for volunteers.  At least with one person handling each section they'll be able to cover more ground.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Hold it, you already went forth with the job postings without this being passed? :o Does this fall under executive policy or an amendment?

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Hey Awe, I think the consensus was that instead of changing the amendment - at least until we figure out how well this goes - the job postings are under the MoRA and instead of calling them deputies I renamed them Minister of the particular area. 

Does that make sense?

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

So it's more of a trial thing?

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Yep, I'd like to see how it goes before making a change to the charter. Then, if and when I have one or more ministers working we can figure out any amendments. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Quote:Yep, I'd like to see how it goes before making a change to the charter. Then, if and when I have one or more ministers working we can figure out any amendments.
Ah, I get it now. Sorry and thanks for clarifying. I'd really support this initiative Smile

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Not to be this guy, but to follow up, I'd like to suggest we view this action as a sign we don't need to legislate *everything* -- especially when our cabinet members have the power/ability/willingness to make a changes :thumb:

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu