Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPINN Insights: The Citizenshp Parable
[Image: ueJadmv.png]

Written by: Awe

Associate Editor, SPINN

Editor, Insights Division, SPINN

In the midst of a citizenship and activity discussion, another TSPer has tendered a resignation of citizenship. Such resignations have been a common occurrence this year, whether by means of voluntary resignation or having citizenship removed due to a nation having ceased to exist.

At the time of writing, there are 115 players that are citizens, 6 who are Cabinet members and 5 that are Global Moderators and Administrators.  In comparison, there are 2000 members on the forums, and at the time of writing, 4099 nations in-game. That is only a representation of 5.75% of members forum-wide and 2.81% of players game-wide taking up citizenship, not mentioning those of which who are one-time posters

This is indeed a dismal number for now, but only time will be able to tell if the community on the forums will make the connection with the in-game community. Several minds are yearning for that to occur, as seen by their remarks in-game, on the forums and on Twitter, but it will take some time to rub off on others.

[spoiler='Those yearning minds and their opinions']

[Image: HKsiUNz.png]

[Image: u8yY36D.png]

[Image: CXaUFW8.png]

[Image: eBV8XnB.png]

[Image: FHmwVXz.png]

[/spoiler]

Admittedly, when I first came to the South Pacific, I enjoyed the form of regional governance and activity that existed here, never mind that it was spearheaded by a group of old boys (of which some have left). Let us work together, both on forum and in-game to bring that back, shall we?

Ostensibly, it cannot be done with the efforts of one man, or even several men, but only we together, as bridges between the forum and in-game community, crossing over and spreading the interest of participation, both on the RMB and in the forums.

Acknowledgements to Kris Kringle (Kringalia) (RMB/Forum), LadyElysium (Forum), Escade (Forum), tsunamy (Forum), Rebel-topia (Twitter)

DISCLAIMER:
SPINN is an independent, non-governmental entity. Any views or opinions presented in articles are solely those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the views or the endorsement of the Government of the South Pacific. Any concerns or clarifications are to be addressed to the author(s) of the article or the Editor-in-Chief.

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Correction: The correct headline for this report should be 'The Citizenship Parable'. SPINN apologizes for the spelling error

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I'm sorry nobody ever commented on this, because it is extremely insightful.

I think what we see across Nationstates is a failure to integrate a new generation of citizens into the forum culture. UCRs have been a shade better at it -- as they have contact with the nation in order to recruit them -- but I know we have "problems" with "anti-forumers" in Europeia as well. It is certainly an issue I am interested in.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?