Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing a Referendum Procedure?
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="119608" data-time="1394453907">
It would not be able to vote in the poll. A non-WA resident would have to spend just under two years in TSP to be able to vote in it.Whilst this is regrettable, without that then it would be possible to create a brand new nation so as to vote in the referendum, opening it to outside manipulation. With the combination of requirements I highlighted it would be only be possible to do such if you placed WA membership on a puppet in TSP for some time before the poll was put to vote, which most groups won't be willing or able to do - as it reduces their available WA count - and even those who did do such would then be contributing to our WA count and voting power in the WA.

The WA requirement is also required as the only way to ensure one member, one vote.
Im not okay with that. If a person wants to vote on the poll, then let it be. However we need to make sure its NOT an enemy puppet though.</blockquote>
Both cannot be done. Either we have restrictive polls or manipulatable polls.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I like Bels proposal, but not exactly sure it needs to be written law. Maybe make it Cabinet policy? That way, its written down, and the next elected delegates see it, and adhere to it. Smile

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Why wouldn't each delegate have their own policy? Executive policy comes from the executive currently elected.

I still see no reason for this to be legislated. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific