Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall of Ministers
This Hall of Ministers is intended to remember all those citizens of The South Pacific who served as Secretaries or Ministers of Foreign Affairs and thank them for their service to the region. I did a thorough research of the current and the old forums in an effort to make this list as accurate as possible and will update it in the future to include more details and information, but still if there are mistakes don't hesitate to point them out:

Tsunamy (June 2003–July 2003)

Geomania (July 2003–December 2003)

Trahey (December 2003–January 2004)

The Monkeybutts (January 2004–March 2004)

htz3 AKA The Shaft (March 2004–July 2004)

Caer Rialis (July 2004–January 2005)

Karatafasadi (January 2005–December 2005)

Mavenu (December 2005–March 2006)

Caer Rialis (March 2006–April 2007)

Vacant (April 2007–May 2007)

Bodhisattva Babes (May 2007–August 2007)

Mavenu (August 2007–August 2008)

Geomania (August 2008–November 2008)

Mavenu (November 2008–March 2010)

Vacant/Southern Bellz as Delegate (March 2010–January 2011)

HEM (January 2011–September 2011)

Antariel (September 2011–December 2011)

Southern Bellz (December 2011–January 2012)

Vacant (January 2012–February 2012)

Belschaft (February 2012–March 2012)

Vacant (March 2012–April 2012)

Rebel-topia (April 2012–September 2012)

Penguin (September 2012–December 2012)

Hileville (December 2012–April 2013)

Antariel (April 2013–May 2013)

Awesomiasa (May 2013–August 2013)

Kris Kringle (August 2013–December 2013)

Hileville (December 2013–January 2014)

Sandaoguo (January 2014–?) 

<b>List of longest serving Ministers of Foreign Affairs:</b>

1. Mavenu (31 months)

2. Caer Rialis (19 months)

3. Karatafasadi (11 months)

4. Geomania (8 months) - HEM (8 months)

Special acknowledgements to Tsunamy for their service as Secretary of Foreign Affairs during the earliest stages of the Coalition and for helping me compile this list and fill in the blanks.

Most information was obtained from http://s2.thesouthpacific.org/index/

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
This is really excellent, the MoFA has a long and interesting history.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Indeed it does. I'm having some trouble though finding out who were ministers following Mavenu's resignation in March 2010. The MoFA section of the old forums doesn't have posts following that event and until HEM's election in 2011, so I'm a bit lost there. I think Southern Bellz was handling the foreign affairs department, as there are posts where she approved the establishment of a couple of embassies, but I can't be sure. I'm also intrigued as to whether Killer Monkeys' old forums still exist, which I think where TSP's first forums ever.

I almost forgot...I've edited the post to give credit to Tsunamy, who served as the first Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Coalition (that I know of) and who has given me a great deal of help with this list. Thanks!

EDIT: I've been doing a bit more of research and it seems that Southern Bellz was in practice running the Ministry of Foreign Affairs following Mavenu's resignation until HEM's election. Since he was Delegate at the time I've decided to leave that period as Vacant but indicating SB's intervention.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Y'esh. that's almost 3 years...

Quote:
<b>List of longest serving Ministers of Foreign Affairs:</b>

1. Mavenu (31 months)

2. Caer Rialis (19 months)

3. Karatafasadi (11 months)

4. Geomania (8 months) - HEM (8 months)

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
Quote:Y'esh. that's almost 3 years...

Quite a long time. I can't even imagine how you managed it, but thanks for that dedication to the region!

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator