Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the UDL
Kris, here is a rough draft of something like what you're suggesting:

Dear Assembly,

In light of UDL's recent official statement authorized by leader Mahaj and posted by Chief of Feeder and Sinker Affairs Feux, I've had to change my agenda in which I had previously mentioned working on establishing a better relationship with UDL.

As we started our term, I and Vice Delegate Kris had been looking forward to broadening TSP's allies and friends in the international NS sphere.  We entered talks with UDL's chosen representative and did our best to work towards an accord. NSA worked on some missions with UDL and we were in regular contact with their representative, even working on a potential treaty draft together.

Recently, I released a personal statement about my overall thoughts on the defending and raiding aspects of gameplay in NationStates.  

UDL, which actually had never been in contact with us beyond sending Unibot (even after I had asked Mahaj for an alternate person) then released this statement. I think the statement reflects poorly on their diplomacy skills and their organization in general. 

I do want to let you know that TSP has been talking with other defender organizations and will continue to broaden our base of allies when we can find mutual benefit and cooperation in doing so.

Best,"

*Let me know of edits\etc.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I would leave it a this:

In light of the recent statement from the UDL, we think it is best for the Cabinet to explain to the Assembly what are the facts and how we will respond to this turn of events:

1. It had been a priority of the Cabinet to improve relations with the United Defenders League through confidence building measures such as the repeal of previous executive policy that forbade contact with them, through missions with the New Southern Army and even through early discussions on a treaty.

2. These actions were taken after Mahaj and Unibot approached us, and because we believed that there was a real opportunity for a renewed and fruitful relationship, despite the fact that relations have been difficult and strained in the past.

3. The recent statement from the United Defenders League was unexpected to us because it reffered to a personal statement from the Delegate that was meant to promote honest debate, and to a list of past grievances, but at no point were we told that the UDL had unresolved issues with us.
  4. We would have appreciated if Chief Mahaj had told us about these issues beforehand, instead of approaching us with the promise of renewed relations only to close their embassy at the earliest instance.
  5. We hope this clarifies to all citizens what the facts about this situation are, and rest assured that we have been talking with other defender regions and will continue broaden our base of allies, when we can find mutual benefit and will to cooperate in doing so.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
The more simple, the better.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Kris, I just posted your draft verbatim as it was more professional. Thanks again!

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Eh, I think you guys engaged a bit too much with that statement. But it's not bad, I guess. Anyways, I don't think we should close the embassy. Last time, we closed theirs and they didn't close ours, and it was an effective move on their part to paint TSP as the unreasonable party.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Quote:Eh, I think you guys engaged a bit too much with that statement. But it's not bad, I guess. Anyways, I don't think we should close the embassy. Last time, we closed theirs and they didn't close ours, and it was an effective move on their part to paint TSP as the unreasonable party.

I think we need to wash our hands of them. Quietly close the embassy and never give them the time of day again. Who cares what the UDL thinks / says / does? Not us anymore.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
I just think that's engaging in the whole tit-for-tat political game that the UDL might want. There's no downside to keeping the embassy open, but it would be positive for us image-wise in the future.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Yes, while UDL's statement is ridiculous...I would say that we should leave things as they are. Let them either come to their senses or further embroil themselves.

Once again, we don't know what the situation with NS or UDL will be tomorrow or in a few weeks. Perhaps in a few months some lieutenants who are more even-minded will take over and the next delegate or the one after may want to come to talks with them.

While personally I find their statement and lack of discussion childish and annoying, I also feel that in this case separating personal feelings aside they are not a criminal organization, just a mismanaged one.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Designating the UDL as a criminal group would be premature, but I can see a use for it as a diplomatic cudgel.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Wait, what? Who ever said anything about designating the UDL as a criminal group?

On a separate note, I do think we should close their embassy. They have already done it anyway, so I see no point in keeping open a closed embassy. If subsequent Cabinets want to pursue a relationship with the UDL (something that I would strongly oppose), then they can do it. There is no executive policy banning contact with the UDL.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Escade just raised the topic - "they are not a criminal organization, just a mismanaged one"

I assumed that was in reference to my legislation, and wanted to make clear that I don't think that it would be appropriate to designate them as a criminal group at this time. There won't be a move on my part for the CSS to seek such.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Yay! We're all on the same page...except the part about cudgel's Tongue

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific