Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the UDL
The UDL did try and tell us what to do. Hence these tense relations.

I don't need to convince anyone of anything.

The UDL acted within its interests in trying to convince TSP to abandon raiding. It is not only reasonable, but expected of them to do that. The problem is that you guys unreasonably perceive that to be somehow hostile. The existing tensions aren't one-sided. You guys aren't blameless. The sooner the general GCR community realizes that, the sooner we can stop this petty nonsense and get on with actually doing things.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I'm glad that you were there for all of these things. Seeing all the conversations. Seeing all the hostile threats.

I personally am done with this discussion. Let me know when we actually have so serious business to discuss

After discussion with Escade on IRC here is a proposed announcement lifting the restrictions and re-opening the UDL consulate.

EDIT:  I figured I would also add my two cents about the treaty that is proposed in this thread.  I think it is too early to look into a treaty and don't support doing so at this time.

[Image: tsp_logo_burst.png]

Statement from the Cabinet of the South Pacific

in regards to the United Defenders League

The Cabinet of the South Pacific has reviewed the current restrictions that exist on working with and relations with the United Defenders League.  It is our belief that a significant amount of time has passed since these restrictions were put into effect.  In order for the South Pacific to move forward with our Foreign Affairs agenda we feel there is a need to once again address relations with the United Defenders League.

The restrictions enacted in the statement dated 20 March 2013 are hereby lifted.  The Consulate with the United Defenders League will be re-opened on our forums and diplomatic relations will once again be permitted.  Further, the ban on working with the United Defenders League in military operations is lifted.  The Cabinet feels these steps will allow us to continue to promote friendliness and cooperation between various organizations and regions across NationStates.

Thank You,

The Cabinet of the South Pacific

Might want to put a URL in the statement to the previous announcement

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Done.

I like this statement and agree that we are not ready for a treaty without better understanding of how UDL has changed as an organization since the original document was proposed.

I'd love to meet with UDL for informal talks when possible.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Perfect.

I have personal objections about the UDL (their recruitment process), but in the interests of the region, I'd cast an agreeing vote for this statement Smile

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Since we last participated in this discussion, I've lost some of the optimism I had on our relationship with the UDL. That said, I do think it's important for us to be able to at least talk to them, and assess where our bilateral relationship is at and where it can go. Therefore, I agree with the draft statement as well.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
So I take it I can post this?

Yes, I think that we agree with the statement itself.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

:thumb:

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

So, I think you all read the statement from the UDL. What do you guys think our response should be? Should we respond at all, or just close their embassy here and move on?

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
We should respond, but not engage in a debate. Say we were working together successfully, the renewing process was moving along smoothly, and it's a shame that this happened. Short and sweet.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Quote:So, I think you all read the statement from the UDL. What do you guys think our response should be? Should we respond at all, or just close their embassy here and move on?

Can I have a link? I havent seen it...

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kris Kringle" data-cid="115846" data-time="1391635560">
<div>
So, I think you all read the statement from the UDL. What do you guys think our response should be? Should we respond at all, or just close their embassy here and move on?

Can I have a link? I havent seen it...

</div>
</blockquote>

http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...h-pacific/
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

I saw it AFTER I posted this... I really should read through the whole forum before posting in the cabinet area... :\

I say we just let it roll off our backs. If we release a statement, it'll only make us look worse than them... And thats REALLY hard to do.

Forum Administrator

I agree, silence would probably work best for now.

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

In agreement, but maybe we should address the assembly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Then perhaps not an official statement but just an account in the Assembly thread?
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Quote:Then perhaps not an official statement but just an account in the Assembly thread?

Im all for this.

Forum Administrator

An Assembly thread is fine, just beware of engaging in a debate with the statement. We have nothing to debate with the UDL.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Agreed, I was thinking of something simple, just explaining that we had been working hard for a renewed relationship with the UDL (mentioning the informal talks on a treaty and the NSA missions) and that whatever the UDL's arguments, we were not contacted to talk in private about them. I think we've already said most of it in the embassy thread, but the Assembly should also know about it.
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

For discussion sake, I dont think we should actually formally close their forum embassy. Really, thats up to GR... But I think it'd look bad on our part of we close it in light of their hissy fit.

Forum Administrator