Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Osiris
They are mad about our treaty repeal and a few off their members are mocking us on their forum. What should we do about that?

Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Former Citizen

"A sign of beauty ,
A symbol of grace ,
Its pride runs strong ,
At a very fast pace."
Do nothing

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I won't loose my sleep because some Osirians got mad. It's their forum and they have every right to post what they do on it, just as we have every right to repeal a treaty that didn't suit our interests or our stated position. Belschaft has already notified Asta of the repeal without all the drama that Georgie has been causing ever since someone "dared" to have an opinion different from his about the new regime in Osiris.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
What the hell?

<div style="font-weight:bold;"><a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=lupo_lupo'>[Image: Defaultt1.png]Lupo lupo</a> â†’ region: <a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_south_pacific'>the South Pacific</a>
<a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/page=tg/tgid=3945057'>3 hours ago</a>

</div>

<div style="background-color:rgb(255,255,240);">
<div> 
Hello!

Join Osiris! I hope you're enjoying your time here so far.

Osiris is a fun, vibrant region, full of opportunities no matter where your interests lie, or whether you have years of experience or still consider yourself a newcomer.

If you're looking for a friendly chat with other Osirans, we have the Regional Message Board on our region's page, as well as a regional IRC channel frequently staffed by some of our goofier members - always good for a laugh! You can access the IRC channel via the link in our World Factbook Entry, or by following this one: http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/?server=ir...=%23osiris

The backbone of the region, of course, is the offsite forum - an attractive social hub frequented by a diverse group of people, where the real business of running the region takes place. With the consent of the regional community, we've recently dissolved our old government and are in the process of building a new one - a more active, more inclusive, more welcoming one. If you're interested in getting involved, whether as a citizen, a legislator, a member of the military, or so much more, it all starts with joining the forum and jumping in. Check it out:http://s13.zetaboards.com/Osiris_NS/index/

Along with regional business, the forum also hosts games, roleplays, out-of-character discussions and chats, and so on. We're in the process of organizing a chess tournament, a game of regional musical chairs, a regional newspaper, Skype nights, and many other exciting cultural opportunities. There's something for everyone!

Don't forget to join the World Assembly and endorse me, The Holy Flemingovian Empress of Detective Figs. This helps protect the region from threats, and increases our voting power within the WA. Joining the WA also allows you to participate in WA votes and debates!

If you have any questions, by all means, let me know! And once again, move to <a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/region=osiris'>Osiris</a>!

</div>
</div>

I wonder why I never receive those region-wide telegrams...

So this is Asta recruiting for Osiris in our region with another nation (that is now residing in TSP)?

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Not sure.  Biyah and LR say they aren't doing it.  Georgie and Cormac say they hope they are but claim they are not responsible.

http://thesouthpacific.org/imgs/osiris-r...ent-tg.png  <  Screenshot

It actually looks like it is their welcome TG.  The nation was founded in TP moved to Osiris and then moved to TSP to send out this message.  This was intentional.

No way Asta would be behind this. My best guess would be George.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Well I just heard from Asta that it wasn't him/her so that would rule them out, and that this was an unauthorised thing. I wouldn't be surprised about George, though I can't be sure.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Asta says it's not George, and makes the good point that this is to crude for him. The same is true for most of the usual suspects (aka; Mall, Durk, Milo, etc) who might try and fuck with TSP-Osi relations for shits and giggles. Its text-book Frak, but he's still MIA as far as I know. If he shows up on the GP forums to slag someone off in the next few days however we have our likely culprit.

In the meantime, we let this go an move on. Even if it where an Osiran proving it would be impossible. I've talked to Asta and she's already conducted a basic investigation, but I've assured her I do not hold them to blame or expect anything more from them. There is no point in asking them to waste time and effort trying to find out who is behind this.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

If no one is taking responsibility for it, then eject the nation, and see who ends up spewing trash that they were wrongfully ejected from the region...

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

The nation was ejected and banned as soon as I saw this. I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to claim responsibility.

not saying they're going to, but wouldn't surprise me for it to come up... be it now, or in a few months...

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

What is going to be a pretty intense situation is developing in Osiris.  Asta is calling in outside support to keep her in the Delegate seat.  She has went as far as asking Milograd to bring in his RP buddies that helped here in TSP.

Power players in Osiris including Biyah, LR, Dia, and Tim have all switched to the Empire flag as a showing of discontent with her regime.  Some legislative items (which I can't talk about here) were introduced.  Threats have been made by both sides and it looks like another coup could be in the works.

Osiris...why must you be so damn unstable?

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Fun. But typical.

The big question is, should we get involved (and if we do, who do we support), or just sit back and watch Osiris implode (again)...

Forum Administrator

If anyone wants to get involved on a personal level, that is an entirely different matter.  Best to to use a non-governmental nation since Osiris is murkier than the Nile.

I've been meaning to open up a discussion about TSP and its relations with various GCRs and regions. I think it may be time to go with a clean slate approach and take each region at face value if they extend a hand of friendship. And maybe take a wait and see attitude on the official level for hot messes. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

The only thing that we can do is issue another statement and wait to see if more action is needed.

What I'm concerned about is whether or not TNI is actually supporting Asta, and if so, if that's supported by the majority of the region.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

We should stay out; we've managed to extract ourselves from Osiris with the treaty repeal and not recognizing Asta. Getting involved again can do nothing but make our lives complicated.

And now Asta has resigned.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Even more reason for us to stay out.

I think thats the general consensus... We've washed our hands of Osi, for at least the time being, and we should keep it that way.

Forum Administrator