Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Treaty of Amity (TSP-UDL)
[Image: CIavjnB.png]

Does the delegate wish to speak to the Assembly about this at some point?

We now have a treaty with the UDL??

Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Former Citizen

"A sign of beauty ,
A symbol of grace ,
Its pride runs strong ,
At a very fast pace."
I don't know. I can't see the thread, only that it exists.

Your point being?

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I could make many points dear.

Go on.

Ostracods everywhere!
We do not have a treaty with the UDL. No treaty can be put in force without assembly approval. I can tell you no matter what the treaty says I will not be voting in favor of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

I have no idea what that is. Gimme a min to see if my Guardian access allows me to view the thread in question.

Edit: That is posted in the office of the Chief of GCR Affairs, an area I cannot see. As such I know no more than anyone else, and will wait till I see what this supposed treaty is before commenting.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
How... odd. But not surprising of the UDL.

I wouldnt be voting for this, either. Im very sure it wouldnt make it through the assembly, even with the "UDL stooge(s)"...

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

No one was called a UDL stooge, Rebel-topia. Smile

Do we actually have relations with the UDL in the first place? :o

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

We don't have relations with the UDL.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Then how do we birth a Treaty out of nothing?

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I can't stop the UDL from approaching us on a proposed agreement if they so wish. Still I can say that we are not negotiating any agreement with the UDL yet. Personally I see it very unlikely that it would pass either a Cabinet or Assembly vote.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Quote:Edit: That is posted in the office of the Chief of GCR Affairs, an area I cannot see. As such I know no more than anyone else, and will wait till I see what this supposed treaty is before commenting.

Which is, of course, the proper way to do things. People take note.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

To be honest the most interesting thing to comment upon this treaty will be how long until the UDL breaks it...

The Private Halls of the Assembly isn't a forum for idle gossip. If and when the Cabinet presents a treaty to the Assembly for approval, we can all talk about how much we hate the UDL's guts.

tsp

Heh. Who hates the UDL's guts? I like the UDL.

At least, I liked the UDL I helped to create. The one that was led the defender world for months. This... poor excuse for that UDL I couldn't care about.

I have nothing against the UDL and would like to improve ties with them, but based on past incidents it wouldn't be smart to jump right into a treaty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote:I have nothing against the UDL and would like to improve ties with them, but based on past incidents it wouldn't be smart to jump right into a treaty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I think there's a general disinterest is forging a military alliance with the UDL, though perhaps different people have different reasons. I don't think TSP-UDL relations should be symmetrical, though I'm not sure how the UDL would think of that. (In my own experience, there are elements in the UDL [not sure if they're still there] that tend to view asymmetry as disrespect.) In other words, the UDL should be obligated to protect us, but we should not have any similar obligation. They aren't a region. Their raison d'etre is to defend native communities, and the way for them to secure themselves is through legitimacy, which they gain through GCR agreements anyways.

Anyways, if not a treaty, then an agreement. If not an agreement, then a mutual understanding. All treaties proposed by the UDL have some kind of offer of military training. I think we should take that up if offered. For the UDL, I think that's better than nothing for them, as they may gain more permanent members if individual NSA members enjoy the joint training missions. This can be done without a treaty, and without the Assembly having to act all, but it requires the willingness of the Cabinet to engage in those kinds of confidence-building measures (and revise the prohibition on interacting with the UDL) and an actual NSA.

tsp

Im all for an "agreement". I just dont think jumping into a treaty with them after what they've put us through is such a great idea.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Quote:Im all for an "agreement". I just dont think jumping into a treaty with them after what they've put us through is such a great idea.

This is very different from the straight up opposition to any normalization that has been going on ever since the TNP incident. If members of TSP's security establishment don't have a lot of confidence in the UDL, then that's something that can be fixed through confidence-building measures, such as joint training missions. I think that's a good place to start. However, it's not going to happen if people around here keep holding on to the animosity they have with the UDL. You can't on one hand talk shit about them and about how you'll never support a renewed relationship, and then on the other say you're for some kind of agreement. Do you think people in the UDL would be very eager to work with that kind of environment? So there needs to be a cooling of the rhetoric and a genuine willingness to put the past in the past.

Procedurally,  the Cabinet prohibited any organ of TSP working with the UDL in any capacity. The Cabinet would have to rescind that prohibition for any agreement to be considered. Technically, we can't even send out official representatives to work out an agreement with that prohibition in place, since it affects both foreign relations and military operations. In even relaying this information, the MoFA technically violated the executive policy.

tsp

UDL's price for joint training missions has always been making the other military junior to the UDL, as well as making that military give up any kind of raiding.

A TSP military would be doomed to fall into inactivity and decay if we agreed to that.

Leaving the UDL for a moment, we have to recognise that our military is already incredibly inactive and almost entirely non existent. We should try and discuss ways to make it more active.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator