Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New SPINN
As we move forward I wanted to start a topic for all of us who have access to discuss.  We know right now that we are going structure SPINN different now but what else should encompass the new SPINN?

A Inter-divisional Breaking News (like during the Milograd coup) and Special Projects (for special events etc) division?

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Quote:A Inter-divisional Breaking News (like during the Milograd coup) and Special Projects (for special events etc) division?

I agree with this. A Special Projects Division would be great, and we could use a different approach, nothing like usual spinn articles. Also, would SPD be inter-divisional? 
[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
It would. For a start perhaps SPD could run midterm approval polls?

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I like this.  Sorry I didn't comment earlier.  I got sidetracked on my RL happenings and the comments made around NS from Osi members.

You guys are now free to begin developing your individual departments and putting out content.  For now I am going to head up the Intl. Newsdesk until I get the person I want to accept the position.  In the meantime I am going to start an approval rating poll for all elected officials.

I love the approval rating poll idea. 

Glad to be here to help out with the Int. Newsdesk. I suppose the first question is what direction of kind of content do we want? We could pursue a more "soundbite" approach which is becoming quite popular, more elaborate articles or longer, quality opinion pieces. 

I think the "soundbite" approach has a lot of competitors in NS right now; it might be better to take what TRR News did successively with longer articles and opinion pieces, but release them as they're written as opposed to joining them together as "editions" (which meant the news got cold during the waiting period). 

I'd also like there to be some fun and silliness in the news, like interviews or opinion pieces done in-character or something more lighthearted to reflect the region's sense of fun. 

Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

Quote:I love the approval rating poll idea. 

Glad to be here to help out with the Int. Newsdesk. I suppose the first question is what direction of kind of content do we want? We could pursue a more "soundbite" approach which is becoming quite popular, more elaborate articles or longer, quality opinion pieces. 

I think the "soundbite" approach has a lot of competitors in NS right now; it might be better to take what TRR News did successively with longer articles and opinion pieces, but release them as they're written as opposed to joining them together as "editions" (which meant the news got cold during the waiting period). 

I'd also like there to be some fun and silliness in the news, like interviews or opinion pieces done in-character or something more lighthearted to reflect the region's sense of fun. 
The silliness part could be reserved for a Tabloids section, if we ever would have one.

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

We do have a Tabloids division we just don't have an editor.  We can all still write Tabloid articles though.

Just as a note to you guys I am going to be swamped until after the RL election on November 5th so if you need me the best way to get me is through PM or Facebook if you have me on there.

Quote:We do have a Tabloids division we just don't have an editor.  We can all still write Tabloid articles though.

Just as a note to you guys I am going to be swamped until after the RL election on November 5th so if you need me the best way to get me is through PM or Facebook if you have me on there.
Time to get an editor for that then, and also a new wordmark Tongue

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Heh. Well. I was more meaning its possible to add an element of silliness to lighten up an article or interview. 

Quote:Heh. Well. I was more meaning its possible to add an element of silliness to lighten up an article or interview. 
We already do that. Everywhere except the Insights section, where we get into deadpan serious discussions about being pundits of the Government Tongue

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Heh, well I'll compose a story list of International Stories for people to write about and keep it running while recruiting new journalists from TSP. 

I'm going to start researching for Regional News. The coming zombie outbreak is a nice way to kickstart this division. I'm planning to interview some TSPers to know their opinions and ideas concerning how the region should deal with this. It will be a nice addition to the Z day poll DM started. 

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
I too will be doing coverage beyond the poll. Articles and interviews
I just happened to be on Balder's forums and happened to chance upon the fact that we've a bureau there. Also, updating our Twitter feed could help. We probably need an Outreach and Social Media division or something :o

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Interesting!

Really interesting I must add  :lol:

I feel sick, really sick these days, which is damn annoying since being sick is something really rare in my case. Still I'm working on my article and I might post it here tomorrow so I can get some feedback from you guys. I would appreciate it.

Ugh I need some coffee.

Sorry to hear that, Loh.  I hope you feel better.

I am looking forward to your article.  I have a couple I am working on as well that are more essay type articles I would like to publish under Insights.

Gravedig.

So I am mulling around a couple ideas about changing our format again.  I would like to see us adopt more of a newspaper format like TRR.  Covering a lot of different items on a bi-weekly basis.  I wanted to run this by the staff we have left here and am also using this thread as a way of seeing who is and is not paying attention.

Also Loh resigned from their position.

I enjoy being part of SPINN, I just have to pay more attention. That way I can actually write articles or blips for the newspaper idea