Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resident Spotlight: Callistaire
Interviewer: CrimsonTideFan

Interviewee: Callistaire

1. How did you learn about Nation States? What enticed you to join?

I was doing online quizzes when I stumbled upon one about politics- it had a link to nationstates in it. I liked the general concept of what I saw so signed up.
That's how a lot of people find their way to here, which online quiz were you taking?

2. How long have you been in the South Pacific? Why did you decide to stay?

I have been here for 33 days now. I didn't get any recruitment telegrams that interested me when I first joined and after a short time I realised that TSP was the region I wanted to be in anyway. Having a sexy map to put my nation on and very welcoming people like Kringalia made the decision pretty easy.
B&N did a phenomenal job on the map.

3. What do you like most about being a resident of TSP?

The sense of community & how welcoming/friendly everyone is.
That's the same reason I stayed.

4. If you were delegate for a day, what would you do?

I would try and make it a day about learning to put aside negativity and old differences- I really believe that if everyone approached things in a calm, friendly manner without bitterness or snarkyness we could get a lot more done in TSP and the world in general.

5. Do you have any interests outside of Nationstates?

My big passion is Mental Health- I have a long history in this area both as a consumer and as a consumer representative sitting in on meetings and going to conferences, and I have always wanted to know how people think and why they do the things they do. It is my intention to study psychology and help people in their teens and 20s (the demographic with the least access to care and greatest need for it) to make it through. I am also an avid hobbyist/tabletop wargamer (i.e. assembling, painting and gaming with little plastic toy soldiers)
That is really thoughtful, I wish you luck on becoming a psychologist.

6. Cake or Pie? Why?

This is a tricky one- I love carrot cake & strawberry cheesecake, and I don't really like meat pies, but put me in front of a good apple pie and I will scarf it down quicker than you can say hot pastry. Does Apple Crumble count as pie? if so my vote is for pie. If not my vote is for cake.
Picking pie's fightin' words 'round these parts. (if you're a cake cultist)

7. What is your favorite book, movie, or game?

I read an absolute shedload of books (I probably go through about one novel every week, but would read more if I could afford to buy more books) but I don't really have a clear favourite. The same goes for video games, so I will go with my favourite movie her- which is Repo Men, a slightly obscure movie in which Jude Law is an employee of an artificial organ company with the job of repossessing said organs when people default on their payments. It is violent and bloody but has a great story and one of the best movie soundtracks I have seen. If you liked Fight Club or Kill Bill I would recommend it highly to you.
Hmm. I might have to check that out.

Those are all the questions we have today. This concludes our interview with Callistaire. Thank you for participating Callistaire, and good luck in the pursuit of becoming a psychologist. 

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Communications and Integration Agency (March 8, 2014-March 20, 2014)