Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal: Alteration to the CSS Line of succesion
When it was first created the CSS Line of Succession reflected the present order of members in terms of number of WA endorsements. That is no longer the case, and one member in the current line of succession (Hileville) is no longer part of the CSS. As the number of WA endorsements varies over time the line of succession needs altering regularly, so as to prevent the legal successor being surpassed by other members. As such, I propose that we switch from a formal list of CSS members to a system where the line of succession is determined by endorsement count.

At the same time, I propose removing the observer status of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs and the Army. At the time the original CSS was created it's membership was much smaller, and the Delegate did not have observer status. Since then membership has increased vastly and the Delegate has gained observer status in all CSS forums.

I've also tweaked the language in a few places. Removals are in red, alternations in green, additions in blue. In some places the same clause exists but has been moved to a different numerical position. These are not highlighted.

As such, I propose the following amendments to the Charter and Code of Laws in omnibus form;

Quote: 

Article 6: The Committee for State Security

<p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">Section 1 - Membership and Approval

<ol class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]Membership in the Committee for State Security (CSS)
requires Citizenship in The South Pacific
, a nation with World Assembly membership in the region
and the approval of the Assembly.
[*]The Vice Delegate will serve as the Chair of the CSS.
[*]The Delegate shall serve as an observer on the CSS, with no voting rights.

[*]Citizens wishing to become members of the CSS
may submit their application for admittance to the assembly.
[*]Citizens may also be nominated for membership of the CSS by the Delegate.

[*]Applicants for the Committee for State Security require a 75% majority vote in favor of admittance by the Assembly.

[*]The Minister of the Army and Minster of Foreign Affairs will serve on the Committee for State Security but are not required to meet the requirement of holding a World Assembly nation in the Coalition.​

</ol><p style="font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">Section 2 - Regulations

<ol class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]The Committee for State Security is responsible for the internal security of The Coalition.
[*]The Committee for State Security is responsible for establishing and and enforcing the endorsement cap.
[*]Council members must never exceed the amount of WA endorsements obtained by the legal Vice Delegate.
[*]The Vice-Delegate may grant a leave of absence from the CSS for a member on military or intelligence duty for The South Pacific. Members on leave of absence remain members of the CSS but will not be part of the line of succession to the Delegacy.

[*]The line of succession to the Delegacy is determined according to the WA endorsement levels of CSS members at the time in question, running from highest to lowest.

</ol>

Quote: 

Article 3: Delegate
<ol class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]In accordance with the Charter if the Delegate resigns or is recalled or otherwise unable to carry out the duties of the Office the Vice Delegate will assume the Office of the Delegate immediately.
[*]In the event of Clause 1 of this article the next in the line of succession will then assume the Office of the Vice Delegate.
[*]The line of succession shall be updated and maintained in clause 4 of this Article and be updated immediately upon the acceptance of new members to the Committee for State Security. If a member of the Committee for State Security is the current Delegate or is unable to serve they will be skipped in the succession order.

[*]The line of succession past the Vice Delegate is as follows: Brutland and Norden, Fudgetopia, Southern Bellz, Belschaft, Hileville.

</ol>
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
While I understand the basic logic behind the decision to remove observer status from the Ministers of Army and Foreign Affairs, I think it doesn't make a lot of sense. I imagine observer status was given because the CSS sometimes makes decisions that affect the military and foreign affairs of TSP. A competent Delegate will just have to share this information with those ministers anyways, in the course of getting their advice. (Also, I don't even what "observer status" entails, really... I have it, but I don't have access to any CSS secret discussions.)

I agree with updating the line of succession, and making it an algorithm rather than specifically naming people. I think it should still be placed in the Code of Laws, though. Putting it in the Charter just makes it more difficult to change in the future.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

You can't see the CSS private areas? Yeah, you should be able to. Masking problem I presume, with it not being updated when you were elected MoFA.

The reason why the MoFA and MoA were originally made observers was to provide 1; oversight, to make sure the CSS wasn't doing something it shouldn't and 2; coordination in a state of emergency/coup. The oversight is provided by the Delegate now, and the procedure we used for the Milograd coup was to set up a special sub-forum with the Cabinet, CSS and foreign officials. As such, it's essentially a redundant element that does nothing. There's no real reason to leave it in place, and it cuts down on Cabinet/CSS overlap.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

I couldn't see the private area either when I was MoFA, for what it's worth.

If we continue to follow the procedures we used in the Milo coup, then I dont have any issue with this. Im very for a line of succession that relies on the current endos. It really makes the most sense.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I support this as well.

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Unless I see any objections or suggested alterations, I would like to motion to vote.

Seconded
Seconded.

Cormac Somerset

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Quote:Seconded.
Was already brought to vote Smile
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Oh, missed it. Sorry about that.  Tongue

Cormac Somerset