Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chat with Harmie
Quote: 

[00:37] <Bel> Could I hear your account of the events in Lazarus today?

[00:38] <harmoneia> thank you. today? i just woke up. which one do you mean.
[00:39] <Bel> Today for me. Essentially the events surrounding the removal of citizens with varying degrees of association with UIAF
[00:40] <harmoneia> ah. you know Vikk came to Lazarus with the original intention of ibvasion
[00:41] <harmoneia> if I remember correctly. she failed either because jal beat hear to it, or it was duribgvthe time when snap elections were called.
[00:41] <Bel> Several years ago. As did SB in TSP, Elu in TNP, etc
[00:41] <harmoneia> except she never admitted it unlike Wolf
[00:42] <harmoneia> Lazarus is after all a region of second chances
[00:43] <harmoneia> but NES going around bragging how we were too stupid to have allowed her to become del  and let him in the council while they have a firm hold of our region is just foul
[00:44] <harmoneia> the actions were done in the interests of Lazarus
[00:44] <harmoneia> nevertheless I shrugged it off and welcomed her
[00:45] <harmoneia> perhaps hasty, but we aren't a democracy as opposed to what Onder is currently on about in the GP forums. he clearly only shows his ignorance more
[00:47] <Bel> I have concerns in two areas. Firstly, whilst seemingly legal - due to huge loopholes in your constitution essentially giving the Delegate unlimited power - the way this was carried out, according to Feux's account, was hardly open, free or fair
[00:48] <Bel> Secondly, and, again according to Feux's, this appears to be a PR issue largely, is the role of the NPO
[00:49] <Bel> Specifically the way this action was presented as the NPO taking action to purge Lazarus. Feux implied that was mainly AMOM grandstanding
[00:49] <Bel> As I understand, the 'vote' that made this legal was carried out over a six month period via Feux PMing people individually to get their approval for purging all Ind-Imp members of Lazarus
[00:49] <Bel> Is that correct?
[00:49] <harmoneia> I couldn't care less about NPO's PR. if I am leanibg towards them in this it is only because of a common interest against imperialists who are posing a threat
[00:50] <Bel> Not NPO's, Lazarus' PR
[00:50] <harmoneia> he got the approval of the old guards
[00:50] <Bel> This looks a *hell* of a lot like NPO purging Lazarus with the way that Feux and AMOM have presented it
[00:50] <harmoneia> me dyp and spec
[00:51] <Bel> Lazarus has an unlimited sovereign right to self determination, and is well within it's rights to remove TNI influence... but NPO meddling
[00:51] <Bel> *is just as concerning to me
[00:52] <Bel> Feux says it's just a PR issue and AMOM grandstanding
[00:52] <Bel> I will take *your* word either way on this matter
[00:53] <Bel> Further, Feux claimed the approval of six other EC members + himself against a presumed nay vote of the three purged members
[00:53] <Bel> Is there any way to verify this?
[00:53] <harmoneia> if Feux really did it for NPO I think he would have stayed maybe even coup
[00:54]  * Bel apologizes if he sounds nosy, but he is trying to get as good an understanding of the situation as possible
[00:55] <harmoneia> No. but seeing as no council member is kicking and complaining and neither do they seem surprised, probably.
[00:55] <harmoneia> its fine. Smile
[00:55] <harmoneia> I'd like to assure you the act was done under native consent though.
[00:56] <Bel> On this matter I will take your word for it. Your commitment to Lazarus above any other region cannot be questioned
[00:56] <harmoneia> whether it was a public vote or not, Lazarus never advertised itself with transparency and democracy
[00:57] <Bel> Obviously the growing NPO-UIAF tension was something a number of people were concerned about, and this was one potential outcome that was forseen
[00:57] <Bel> Though it was expected NPO would attempt to establish a puppet regime after purging, which has not occured
[00:57] <Bel> Which is a good thing
[00:59] <Bel> Anyway, that's all good to know. It's 1AM here so I'm gonna go
[01:00] <harmoneia> yes. selfish of me to have let my nation die.
[01:00] <harmoneia> ita high influence could have helped with security
[01:00] <harmoneia> night Smile
[01:01] <Bel> Again, congratulations. I'm not going to pretend to approve of what happened but as this is an internal Lazarus matter it is not my opinion that happaned
[01:01] <Bel> *that matters
[01:01] <Bel> Do you mind if I share this with TSP's cabinet?
[01:01] <harmoneia> no.
[01:01] <Bel> Danke

None relevant bits before and after removed.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
That's good news. Of course, time will tell if the NPO is attempting to turn Lazarus into a puppet region. But for now, I believe Feux and Harmie.

By the way, thanks for asking if you can share this, rather than just leaking it. Leading by example! Tongue

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Quote:By the way, thanks for asking if you can share this, rather than just leaking it. Leading by example! Tongue
 ^^ THIS!

Anyway... Im glad that, as of now, this is not a puppet region of the NPO. We'll see if things change in the coming weeks/months...
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus