Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 NS World Fair
Given how successful the 2012 NS World Fair was, I think it would neat if TSP could host this year's World Fair.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic....2&t=261636

Being able to give the opening and closing speeches and suggest an agenda would be a good thing for TSP, since it's been a long time since we've had an impact on NS that didn't involve us getting couped.

Separately, regardless of if we bid, I think it would be a good idea to get GCRs together to discuss ways we could protect ourselves against coups in this World Fair. The FRA and the UIAF are holding a summit where they will discuss that, but neither of them seems to want GCRs actually involved in that discussion. I know that chances of getting any kind of pan-GCR treaty are very low, but we could at least work towards common understandings. It could also be an opportunity to reset or at least thaw relations we have with certain GCRs.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

This is a great idea, do we want to discuss our application? This could be an nice JOINT effort led by the delegate and the cabinet :p

I wasn't here last year when the last one happened but can look through the archives sometime this weekend.  Skirmishes\some type of rp war would be fun. I love the idea of a masked puppet ball, a yearbook, an art competition (design a logo for the awards).

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

There used to a be a number of pan-GCR communication methods such as the old Midway forums, but they have largely fallen out of use. I think including a GCR conference of some kind (perhaps with private and open sections) in a TSP bid would be a good idea.

I think in any bid we need to play up the oldest GCR government/democracy in NS angle, simply as it's the kind of thing that is likely to get the masses to support us over, say, the NPO.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I've asked about the possibility of joint bids in the thread in GP. If they are allowed, I wouldn't mind seeing if we can'r put together some kind variant of a TSP-TNP-Oisirs-Balder bid (delete as willing/applicable).

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Participating would be a great idea! Like Escade I wasn't here back then but I look forward to it. I'm not sure if as many as four regions should host, but I wouldn't mind us hosting with another region.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Ok, Escade and Kris, can you take point on this? I have a couple of ideas that I might want to suggest but I need you two to come up with a TSP bid by the end of the coming weekend.

Sure. I'll talk with Escade about this.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Yep, Kris and I will have a draft application ready by the end of this weekend. We'll post it here for comments from the rest of the cabinet and Sandaogu, we'd appreciate your ideas as well especially if you attended last year. 

From what I can tell by looking at the archives the event was not as well attended as I would think some all over NS event would be. I like the idea of having debates\etc. and I think the TSP coup and Osiris coup are definitely points of interest to discuss\bring up.  How can regions and their residents feel secure?  Do we need gameplay mechanics that work as a checks\balances kind of system in NS or should we soldier on as usual? 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Ok, thanks so much to Kris for providing the theme stuff (friendship and cooperation)!

This is a draft, feedback from the cabinet is welcomed and important:

TSP Bid to Host the NS World Fair 2013

The South Pacific is one of the largest democracies in NationStates. We’re big and bold and like to have fun. We’re also extremely proud of our region’s democratic process and enjoy earth shattering debates on the meaning of life, a quick drink and some grub in the Lampshade Bar and Grill, and a little madness in our mornings.

We’d like to host the NS World Fair 2013 with the theme of “Friendship and Cooperation” this year.  Without the cooperation and friendship within our region and amongst our allies we wouldn’t have been able to overthrow a vicious coup in April of this year. We’d like to remind NSers of how important and awesome it is to have allies and make friends across NS as well as how cooperation can lead to improved game experience.

1. Specific Events/Activities/Stuff

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- Quiz Show: All participating regions are encouraged to send one of their residents to represent them in the NS World Fair Quiz Show. Question categories range from pop culture, history, science, to NS rules and history.  Prizes include the winning finalist and his\her region to be promoted with a sponsored message on the board.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- Debates: NSers love a good debate. We’d like to host a debating event where some of the best NS orators get a chance to debate the finer points of self-determination, the meaning of life, what is going on with Miley Cyrus, and cake or pie.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- Design Contest: Inspired by the 2012 Olympics design contest and the Google artistic contests, NSers are asked to submit a flag or logo representing what they think NS stands for.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- Fantasy NS Gladiator Games: A Hunger Games-esque competition with a twist.  Potential combatants are divided into teams that are run by a coach\leader.  Teams are pitted against each other (and include players across regions) in a tournament. The last player standing wins.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- Flash Mob: To advertise and create interest in the NS World’s Fair, participants do a “flash mob” routine in various regions that permit it.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- Masked Ball: A roleplay in which “masked” nations enter with a date and intrigue, romance and mystery follow when the host is discovered to have been murdered.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- Warlords: A military roleplay in which players are given ten items to start with and must battle with those items through space and time.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- The World’s Fair Chronicle:    NS has its fair share of characters and what better way to identify and highlight them then with a yearbook like chronicle?  Awards can be given for many epithets including: Most Likely To Coup a Region, Party Animal, Happiest, Badge-Crazy, Craziest, Best Smile, Most Likely To Be Evil, and others.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- Gossip Girl: A tabloid magazine that covers the world fair from a particularly skewed perspective and even the most innocent seeming events are turned into affairs, conspiracies and alien abductions.

<p style="margin-left:.25in;">- The Reviews: NSers provide brief reviews of their favorite\least favorite films, books, games, TV shows, and other products. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Since this isn't going to happen why don't we start planning something for early 2014.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I definitely like the idea of hosting a 2014 summit. It could follow the same outline as the World Fair, but maybe with a few changes here and there. First and foremost is whether or not we would be hosting it, or if we would want to choose somebody or maybe get representatives of each GCR to host it?

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

TSP has been selected as one of 2 finalists.  Voting is taking place here:  http://www.questionpro.com/a/PollPreview?pollID=3710494.

50%-50% with 60 votes.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Now we are falling behind. We need to promote this on the RMB, perhaps even send a TG for people in the region to vote.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Two cents: I just voted and it's 51 (DSA) to 49 (TSP) with 101 votes.

Edit: Sorry -- I know I'm not suppose to be posting here, but wanted to pass that along.

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Please send a mass TG

Yes. We need to promote this as much as possible.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

I'll hit the region with a mass TG in a minute

I'm super excited they've got the ball rolling on this although the tentative schedule has not yet been updated!

We're at 54% right now!

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific