Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFS
What in the name of anything resembling sanity is going on with our WFE? I'm assuming it isn't a coup or anything completely psychotic, but still -- I certainly don't see anything in the voting booth suggesting any official approval for a "union" between two regions.

I understand I have dropped off the face of the earth these last three weeks (I have everywhere), but still.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
That would be what I trust will be an interesting modification of our WFE for the weekend. I do hate the purple though, and find it unacceptable to have Belschaft declare himself "Emperor". Monarchs just don't suit me. It WILL all be over before the week is done I trust.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
If the Cabinet has not been informed I am greatly discouraged by this action and demand an immediate response from our Delegate.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Quoting the Charter:

Quote: 

1. The Delegate will serve as the Head of State and be responsible for leading the Cabinet.
  2. The Delegate may not surrender the sovereignty of the Coalition to any group or alliance without the express permission of the Assembly.
-

1. The Assembly shall constitute the sole legislative body in The Coalition.
  2. The Assembly is responsible for the drafting and discussion of General Laws, and Amendments to the Charter and Code of Laws.
  3. The Assembly has the sole power to pass a treaty with another region or organization.
  4. Declarations of War and Treaties require a 60% majority in favor.

If the Cabinet doesn't know, and the Assembly doesn't know that TSP has became an Empire and we've formed a "union" with Osiris (assuming that this agreement would in technicality be considering a Treaty), I'd suppose that the Delegate would be in violation of the provisions set out by the Charter if this change in government type is permanent

/$0.02

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I myself seek an explanation from our Delegate. 

My trust in the Delegate was completely shattered. This move is in serious violation of our Charter, the Delegate and those involved must answer for this wilful violation of our laws. 

Now I ask where dose the NS Army stays loyal to?

By the Charter or by the rogue Delegate?

Ostracods everywhere!
I think you all need to grow a sense of humour.

That said, perhaps I have an inside scoop on the matter considering I wrote the ONN article on it, but for Merlin's sake, you've gone all loonytoons over what is meant to be a humorous event.

[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Imperialism, in any shape or form is not a joking matter - are their grounds for an impeachment?

Quote:I think you all need to grow a sense of humour.

That said, perhaps I have an inside scoop on the matter considering I wrote the ONN article on it, but for Merlin's sake, you've gone all loonytoons over what is meant to be a humorous event.

maybe its one of those things, that if we were included on the joke, we'd 'get it'
I figured that if anyone had been paying attention to Osiris lately, you would have seen Detective Figs changing the Regional FB, Flag and her own pre-title fairly often to reflect various regime changes. After the first change, and when they kept coming you managed to see the humour in it, and it became a "Oh, what poor soul has bought us now?"

The choice for Flemingovia is more a TNP style joke, based on the religion that Felmingovia himself leads inside The North Pacific, who always says that his rule would be more benevolent, and without the political bellyaching of the current style.

Now I'll go one step further: I have no issues with Imperialism of any kind. NationStates is a game and should be treated as such. Games are meant to be fun, and as no one was harmed, no one was couped and absolutely no one (other than those who are going insane about this) were butthurt. Please don't pull the argument about the coup a few months ago being painful, as you're preaching to the choir here and I've found that humour is the best way to handle such a situation.

As for the inside scoop, the one in Osiris was my idea to bring some humour into the situation inside our region. As for the situation in TSP, I believe it's Bel finding it amusing and joining in.

As for impeachment: are you kidding me? Are you out of your mind? If you're serious then I may be in the wrong region as it's a very sad day when a delegate cannot change the RFB as part of a joke with another region - which is meant to be one of TSP's closest allies.

Just in-case it's not already been made clear: This joke was not meant to offend anyone, nor was it meant to insult anyone. This is a game. If this was an actual coup, the link to these forums would have been removed and banjections would have probably occurred. Speak to Asta, or Bel if you don't believe me.

This comments started because we didn't know what was happening. We expressed concern over the changes, glad that all was explained.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - <a class='bbc_url' href='http://tapatalk.com/m/'>now Free</a>
Ostracods everywhere!
While I respect Ravens explanation, I would have hoped Bel would have at least said something to the cabinet about this.

Quote:Please don't pull the argument about the coup a few months ago being painful, as you're preaching to the choir here and I've found that humour is the best way to handle such a situation.

Im sorry if we jump to conclusions here, but its still fresh in our minds.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

The Osiran coup is still fresh in mine, seeing as it brought nine months of service as Minister of Foreign Affairs to an end for me in Osiris as I needed a break after someone I worked with closely for that time couped.

I've just found that humour, and the gift of hindsight are the best tools to moving past the event whilst remaining vigilant to ensure it never happens again... I've taken up Pharaoh watching.

I believe TSP may be a little on edge considering the region has been a part of a few coups over the past two years.

Yeah, this just wasn't a good idea. The WFE is not a place for jokes, especially when those jokes follow the pattern of coups so recently set by Osiris which makes such a coup here not seem all that far-fetched. The joke isn't all that funny, and that it's still up is pretty annoying.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

There's truth to all being said here. I did figure out that it was humour (or hoped I did), but for those nations that just didn't know about that Osiris joke as well it sure looked like a coup. If I hadn't seen their WFE a few minutes ago I would've thought that too. I agree that a note to the Cabinet would've been nice to smooth this situation. I don't mind the joke itself, but like SB said, I works best when there are people who can then assure others that this is just a joke. I tried to do that when Bel first changed the WFE, but I didn't know for sure if it was indeed a joke. I'm sure several nations looked at what he did and saw that he was the new Delegate and saw a resemblance to what Milograd did. I couldn't be more certain that it could never so, but then again most nations are not going to check his background as a TSPer to be sure, and I can't blame them for that.
Overall, it was a nice joke and I did like it (except for the part when he declares himself Emperor, I just can't take an Emperor in TSP) but it would've been nicer if we had known. Not all nations know what goes on in other regions and to them a brief explanation would have been in order, or at least to us in the Cabinet as a caution, given the logical reaction of some of our citizens.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
There were indeed people telegramming me asking whether we have a coup. "Jokes" such as these are more confusing/alarming rather than funny. It's an inside joke, not likely to be understood by people who don't do gameplay or people who aren't aware what is happening in other regions.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
*gives a small sigh*

This is, as most everyone has been able to realize, a joke. It originates from TNP, where Astarial was 'proclaimed' 'Empress' and Flemingovia 'God' some time ago. Yesterday I saw that she had brought the joke to Osiris and I decided to bring it to TSP for a bit as well, and 'proclaimed' myself Emperor, formed a 'dynastic Union' with Asta and made the WFE and flag purple. There wasn't any long term planning behind this, otherwise I would have given the Cabinet some amount of heads up. It was a simple matter of getting in on the fun and games.

Now, a couple of people haven't seemed to grasp that this is a joke. There have been no banjections, all the relevant links are still in the WFE and the flag is still a TSP one - just purple. Strictly speaking I could leave the WFE like that indefinitely as there is no law anywhere regulating what has to be in it, and as Delegate I can style myself pretty much however I feel - at the end of the day the law says I'm just the Delegate, whatever I call myself. And the law most certainly still applies. I don't have a time-table for how long I was going to run this for, but probably no more than a few days at most, though that may be less now considering the response some people have had.

When I ran for Delegate I said I wanted to try and run game-forum-IRC activities to link the various part of our community together more; this was a chance to give it an impromptu trial run, and one I couldn't pass up. The fact that it is also linked to TNP and Osiris simply made it too good to miss. Some of you say you would have liked notice/explanation; if you have to explain a joke then you kill it. Knowing ahead of time means there is no surprise, so even had I known more than a couple of hours in advance that I'd be doing this today then I wouldn't have given notice. I was on IRC for several hours after the 'coup', and everyone there seemed to get the joke and enjoy it.

Now, all I can suggest is that you sit back and enjoy the fun; as I said on the RMB, consider this an interactive Roleplay. What happens next is up to TSP. Perhaps someone will form a knightly order to spread the faith of Flemingovia, perhaps a group of tepid Republicans (led by Topid?) will rise up and try to bring down the Empire? Who knows? And maybe, just maybe, as a result of all this a few more people from one section of our community will get involved with one of the other parts.

Edit: I'm not going to get onto IRC again till later this evening. Depending on how things are going then and what people's opinions are when I talk to them in more depth this will either end tonight or last a few more days.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
This is the original thread from TNP where Astarial was first proclaimed Empress of a Most Holy Flemingovian Empire, including the IRC logs where most of it happened. There's quite a lot of back story to the whole thing, spread across various IRC chans and TNP's foums, but most of it isn't logged.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote: 

Bel: I can't stay for long, but I'll be back this evening

[12:12am] Bel: Anyone around?

[12:12am] Sanctaria: No

[12:13am] Zyvetskistaahn: Hail, Emperor Bel

[12:13am] Asta: Belll!

[12:13am] Zyvetskistaahn: o/

[12:13am] • Asta huggles her emperor <3

[12:13am] Zyvetskistaahn: Hail, The Empress Astarial

[12:13am] Zyvetskistaahn: o/

[12:13am] Zyvetskistaahn: Long May They Reign

[12:13am] • Bel snuggles up with the Empress

[12:14am] Bel: Ok, quick straw poll; Who's enjoying the interactive roleplay, who wants it to end asap?

[12:14am] Asta: interactive roleplay?

[12:14am] Glen-Rhodes: is that what this thing is

[12:15am] Glen-Rhodes: because you need a backstory

[12:15am] Bel: What I'm calling our reign till people realize this a real coup  

[12:15am] Asta:

[12:15am] Asta: gotcha

[12:15am] Asta:

[12:15am] Zyvetskistaahn: Out of interest, who will be leading your Glorious Inquisition, my Empress

[12:16am] Bel: There is a fair amount of backstory, most of it from IRC

[12:16am] Bel: Some of it is logged, but most of it not

[12:16am] mcmasterdonia: Well I hope that my role as Archbishop of Flemingovianism will extend to TSP as well

[12:16am] Asta: I must assume that the delightful r3nnifold will stay on as high inquisitor, lord zyvetlongname

[12:16am] Zyvetskistaahn: Excellent, my Empress

[12:18am] Glen-Rhodes: true patriots will defend tsp \o

[12:18am] mcmasterdonia: ^fascist

[12:19am] Glen-Rhodes: ^ antidemocratic gun-stealer

[12:20am] Todd_McCloud joined the chat room.

[12:20am] Todd_McCloud was promoted to operator by NyanServ.

[12:20am] Bel: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6948841/1/

[12:20am] Bel: That is the earliest set of logs there are

[12:20am] Bel: That's where Asta became 'The Empress'

[12:20am] mcmasterdonia: good times

[12:21am] Bel: Flem proclaimed himself god in several places

[12:22am] Zyvetskistaahn: Surely in ALL places, after all the Kingdom of God has no boundaries

[12:22am] mcmasterdonia: my favourite quote is this:

[12:22am] mcmasterdonia: [14:38] <EmpressAstarial> Mcmasterdonia, you shall take over the delegacy.

[12:22am] mcmasterdonia: [14:39] <Kingborough> Lol

[12:22am] mcmasterdonia: [14:39] <Kingborough> Many would love you just for that decree x_X

[12:22am] mcmasterdonia:

[12:23am] mcmasterdonia: oh and this [14:52] <Eluvatar> what.

[12:24am] Asta: yeah, elu's a big fan

[12:24am] Asta: that's the most enthusiastic he's ever been :3

[12:25am] Sanctaria: Elu and enthusiam just don't mesh

[12:26am] frattastan: He's even less enthusiastic than me

[12:26am] topid: speaking of Elu is he about anywhere?

[12:26am] Bel: He's MIA

[12:26am] topid: dern

[12:26am] mcmasterdonia: He is busy with work

[12:26am] mcmasterdonia: Elu was very enthusiastic about the Empire and the disruption of democratic governance in the region.

[12:27am] Awe: I oppose this change in government type!

[12:27am] Zyvetskistaahn: TREACHERY

[12:27am] Zyvetskistaahn: Exile him to The Rejected Realms

[12:27am] Zyvetskistaahn: <.<

[12:28am] • Bel non-banjects Awe for his treason

[12:28am] Awe: This "joke" is not funny

[12:28am] mcmasterdonia: lol

[12:28am] mcmasterdonia: It is if you have a sense of humour

[12:28am] Zyvetskistaahn: It will be funny after enough purges

[12:28am] Zyvetskistaahn: <.<

[12:29am] frattastan: I'm not into invasion/coup humour, tbf.

[12:29am] mcmasterdonia: there has been no invasion or coup really

[12:29am] mcmasterdonia: the legitimate government is still in control

[12:30am] Zyvetskistaahn: For now

[12:30am] Zyvetskistaahn: I mean

[12:30am] Zyvetskistaahn: yes

[12:30am] mcmasterdonia: there can be no higher legitimacy than god

[12:30am] topid: I need to speak to Elu at some point because he gave me a techy thing a long time ago and it asks me for permission every time I open my browser. Every time.

[12:30am] Solm joined the chat room.

[12:30am] Solm was granted voice by NyanServ.

[12:30am] topid: And I tried deleting all teh techy things and it keeps coming.

[12:30am] frattastan: Does it ask your username and password to something Elu did?

[12:31am] topid: YUS.

[12:31am] topid: Does Fratt have it too?

[12:31am] frattastan: Heh. Had the same on a different comp, but hasn't happened in a while.

[12:31am] frattastan: <@mcmasterdonia> there has been no invasion or coup really <-- That's a good coup cover-up tactic.

[12:31am] • Bel is seeing three different responses from TSP's game/forum/IRC communities

[12:32am] frattastan: "This is not an actual coup, you don't need to plot to overthrow me".

[12:32am] Asta: [12:30] <topid> I need to speak to Elu at some point because he gave me a techy thing a long time ago and it asks me for permission every time I open my browser. Every time. <--- Yeah

[12:32am] Asta: I've complained about that

[12:32am] Bel: IRC is largely familiar with the joke and enjoying it, RMB is 50/50, forums is largely annoyed

[12:32am] Asta: He knows it happens

[12:32am] Asta: he has *no* idea why

[12:33am] Asta: TSP forums are silly

[12:33am] Zyvetskistaahn: Bel, just purge those who make a fuss, then everyone left will enjoy it

[12:33am] Zyvetskistaahn: <.<

[12:33am] Zyvetskistaahn: >.>

[12:33am] Zyvetskistaahn: *My Emperor, just

[12:33am] Asta: [12:28] <@Awe> This "joke" is not funny <-- is so <3

[12:33am] Asta: [12:29] <+frattastan> I'm not into invasion/coup humour, tbf.  <-- yeah... for you it's more like a fetish

[12:33am] Raven|AFK: I'm not posting in TSP for a few days. People seem pissed off at me as I asked if they were out of their minds.

[12:33am] topid: [07:Sep:11:32:43] <@Asta> he has *no* idea why <-- Elu doesn't know a something!  First time for everything.

[12:33am] frattastan: <@Asta> [12:29] <+frattastan> I'm not into invasion/coup humour, tbf.  <-- yeah... for you it's more like a fetish  <-- It is NOT

[12:33am] Asta: I know, topid

[12:34am] Awe: I am logging this

[12:34am] Asta: excellent! Will it be used in any upcoming trial and/or impeachment proceedings?

[12:34am] Zyvetskistaahn: Or will it be used in a thrilling documentary about the glory of the Empire?

[12:35am] mcmasterdonia: I for one, welcome our new flemingovian overlords

[12:35am] mcmasterdonia: As I am on the right side.

[12:35am] Raven|AFK: I don't think there's a law about distasteful jokes. Yet.

[12:36am] Awe: And if it turns out to be a coup, I'll, without reservation, publish these logs on the forums, for use in strategical overthrow of this unapproved change in government and criminal proceeding against individuals concerned for their actions thereafter

[12:37am] Sanctaria: I quiver with fear.

[12:37am] Raven|AFK: ^

[12:37am] Zyvetskistaahn: Bah, your Courts cannot harm the Empress

[12:37am] Zyvetskistaahn: <.<

[12:37am] Asta:

[12:37am] Raven|AFK: Please excuse me whilst I change my underwear.

[12:37am] • Asta quivers

[12:37am] Zyvetskistaahn: Solution to the criminal proceedings... win the coup

[12:37am] Zyvetskistaahn: <.<

[12:37am] Asta: I anticipate criminal responses eagerly :3

[12:38am] Bel: Heh

[12:38am] Raven|AFK: Personally I wish people luck trying to find a charge which would work.

[12:38am] mcmasterdonia: the Empress is above the law of mortal men

[12:38am] Bel: Anyway, I have to go. I'll be back later

[12:38am] mcmasterdonia: bye Bel

According to these logs from #the_south_pacific IRC channel, there is obviously a coup being planned. To avoid the transpiration of the events of April, I urge all South Pacificans to take appropriate measures to defend against the coup.

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I can see the value in "interactive roleplay" like this (and encourage all True TSP Patriots to join me in the fight against the royalists) -- but it's better to just give us all a head's up. You have to admit that this wasn't the best time to surprise NS Gameplay with another coup, real or imaginary. Especially when this has so many similarities to the coups in the past  few months.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

If it is a joke from TNP and Osiris, why are people surprised when it's confusing in TSP?

Im certainly not interested at all in this continuing longer via some dumb roleplay.

I indeed agree with the views that this ain't no time for a coup. Party's over, clean up now.

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Honestly, I wish this much effort and creativity went towards promoting democracy in TSP.

There is a huge advantage as far as promotion and other things when you combine roleplay and gameplay.

And even if Belschaft mentioned it is a joke (see below), I don't think it was the least bit humourous. Such acts could compromise regional security and stability if it was real

Quote: 

<div>
<a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=rex_imperator'>The Holy Empire of Rex Imperator</a>

<p class="">[Image: rex_imperator__784604t1.jpg]113 minutes ago

I'll make sure to correct that omission momentarily TAO Smile

----

*puts on serious hat*

And yes, for those of you who are asking, of course it is a joke. I haven't banned or ejected anyone, all the relevant links to foums/IRC/etc are still in the WFE; all that has changed is the colour scheme and a few ancillary sections of text. Consider this an interactive roleplay; it originated on IRC, spread to TNP's forums, and yesterday Asta brought it to Osiris. I decided to bring it to TSP as well for some light hearted fun, and thankfully the vast majority of people got the joke.

*takes off serious hat*

----

Now, leal subjects of the Empire, it is time to give praise to the great god Flemingovia and submit to the divine will of The Empress Astarial.

</div>

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Quote:If it is a joke from TNP and Osiris, why are people surprised when it's confusing in TSP?
Even Osiris was confused when it was introduced to them.

Personally I'm happy with the fact that TSPers care for their region so much that the mere scent of a coup, joke or non-joke, will encourage them to speak up and rise to the occasion if necessary. Even after this was said to be a joke, TSPers should be on guard for threats to the region.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile