Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequently used acronyms
Good day all! I'm still relatively new around here and am not sure if I am posting this is the right place...so please redirect me if I am not.

I, among others, am a fairly new citizen as well as still being pretty new to NS in general. In my time of reading through the forums before becoming a citizen, I noticed a common "problem". I had no clue what half of the more "important" posts were about because they were filled with acronyms and phrases I had not encountered before. Now, being that TSP is a feeder region, I imagine we get all sorts of people that might be brand new to NS finding their way onto the forum. Thus, I would like to propose an idea. I suggest we create a list of commonly used acronyms or phrases and post it somewhere in the welcome area of the forum. New players might find this exceedingly helpful. I know I would have when I first arrived here.

Thoughts?

This really is a rather excellent idea, I don't think we've ever had something like this and it would be much easier to maintain than some of our current text heavy FAQ's are. I suppose I should also offer something of an apology, being the main proponent of OVOCA's (Obnoxiously Verbose and Overly Complicated Acronyms) around here.

Are there any particular ones that you need help with currently?

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
This is a great idea. I too had some problems with acronyms when I first acquired citizenship, so I (and many other I think as well) know how difficult it can be. Perhaps we can start suggesting relevant acronyms and someone (or perhaps our MoFA or anyone else interested) could form the list and then post it in the Forum.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Thank you both for your response. At this point, I've fared okay with guessing, googling, asking around, and inferring from other posts on the same topic. I just think it would be immensely helpful for any new people, both to the region and the game.

My suggestion for the creation was going to be something similar to what Kris Kringle was saying about asking the community for suggestions, and then a cabinet member, or other official, forming the list for posting.

Excellent idea! I think this should be a job for our "new" minister of regional affairs.

And, Bels... You are one of the "worst" offenders Tongue
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I made a list.

NS is Nationstates.

Feeder is a region where new nations come from.

Sinker is a nation where old nations come back or where nations are ejected to.

GCR is game created region.

UCR is user created region.

Raider is someone who attacks other regions by taking the delegacy with WA endorsements.

Defender is someone who tries to combat raiders.

WA is World Assembly.

WAD is World Assembly Delegate.

TSP is The South Pacific.

TNP is The North Pacific.

TWP is The West Pacific.

TEP is The East Pacific.

TP and NPO is The Pacific.

TRR is The Rejected Realms.

GV is Gatesville.

10KI is 10000 Islands.

TITO is the military of 10000 Islands.

NSA is New Southern Army. That's our army. It also stands for National Security Agency, but that is not for NS.

CoA is Chair of the Assembly.

CSS is Committee of State Security.

VD is Vice Delegate.

CJ is Chief Justice.

MoA is Minister of the Army.

MoRA is Minister of Regional Affairs.

TSPU is The South Pacific University.

MoFA is Minister of Foreign Affairs.

BoR is Bill of Rights.

Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Former Citizen

"A sign of beauty ,
A symbol of grace ,
Its pride runs strong ,
At a very fast pace."
XKI also references 10000 Islands

GA - General Assembly

GAR - General Assembly Resolution

SC - Security Council

SCR - Security Council Resolution

RMB - Regional Message Board (and Chinese currency, but that is not entirely relevant here)
WFE - World Factbook Entry (the blurb of information on top of The South Pacific page on the NationStates site)
TG - Telegram (personal message on the NationStates site)
PM - Personal message
SPINN - South Pacific Independent News Network

Further, it is not uncommon here to abbreviate usernames...LadyElysium, it probably won't be long until you are known by 'LE' Wink
[Image: 1ad3869e-07b4-47f3-8bf1-247c729479d6.jpg]

Hmm.. a register of abbreviated/ncik names may come in handy Tongue

NPO - New Pacific Order

NPA - North Pacific Army

PA - Pacific Army

EPSA - East Pacific Sovereign Army

RRA - Rejected Realms Army

FRA - Founderless Regions Alliance

UDL - United Defenders League

Euro - Europeia

TNI - The New Inquistion

LKE - Land of Kings and Emperors

UIAF - United Imperial Armed Forces (TNI, LKE, Albion)

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
ADN - Alliance Defense Network

ACC - Atlantic Central Command/Atlantic Alliance

LWU - Lone Wolves United

TBH - The Black Hawks

RLA - Red Liberty Alliance

TBR - The Black Riders

Loop - 1 Infinite Loop (founder of the modern East Pacific)

FS - Francos Spain (historical founder of NPO)

Uni - Unibot (Founder of UDL)

if you stick around long enough, you'll memorize these abbreviations like cake lol
Thank you all for your contributions!! We definitely should compile these as one list somewhere easily accessible to new members of the forums, or even guests.

And @Belschaft I definitely like the idea of a register of nicknames/username abbreviations. That would also be helpful to anyone else new around here.

@Tsrill  LE is fine by me. Whatever works. Smile I recognize that my username is a bit many letters.

Uni will always be Unistrut for me. Always.

But I'm old. This list is a good idea. 

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*